Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

27 hrs
Response Time
78%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

How do I close my accounts with KBC

29.05.2015 11:15 #1
Hi,

How to I close my accounts with KBC? Can I do it over the phone or do you need a signed letter from me?

Thanks
1 thank
29.05.2015 11:33 #2
Originally posted by user1842
Hi,

How to I close my accounts with KBC? Can I do it over the phone or do you need a signed letter from me?

Thanks

Hi there user1842,

Thanks for your post.

To close your KBC we need an original written instruction signed by yourself.
This can be dropped into any of our Hubs nationwide or can be posted to us here.
Our address is Customer Services, KBC Bank Ireland, Sandwith Street, Dublin 2.

Your accounts will need to have a balance of €0 to be closed so you may need to lodge or withdraw funds to close.

If you have any queries you can give us a call on 1800 93 92 44.
Hope this helps,

Danielle
14.10.2018 09:58 #3
Hi- I have a KBC student account and am now living abroad. I want to close the account but it has a balance of €0.92 in the account which I cannot withdraw to zero out the account. I am happy to forgo the 0.92 or see it donated or whatever- I just want to close the account- what can I do?
16.10.2018 09:10 #4
Verified representative
Originally posted by dmur
Hi- I have a KBC student account and am now living abroad. I want to close the account but it has a balance of €0.92 in the account which I cannot withdraw to zero out the account. I am happy to forgo the 0.92 or see it donated or whatever- I just want to close the account- what can I do?

Hi Dmur,

Thank you for your post.

To close your account we require a signed instruction posted into us to the address quoted below. If you have a positive balance you can either state in the instruction your sending the account details you wish to transfer the money out to or you can confirm over the phone that you are happy to donate the funds to Alzheimer’s Charity.

Our address to post your instruction to is:
KBC Bank,
Sandwith St.
Dublin 2.

Thank you,

Jenny
22.01.2019 18:01 #5
Hi,

I wish to extend the original question a "little" bit.
I would like to close both, Extra Saver and Extra Current Account. I cleared all the funds from both of them, and there are no pending transactions.
1) Which method will be the quickest and the most reliable for closing these accounts ? Would it be better to come with the signed letter to your Hub ?
2) How will I know when you receive the letter, or that accounts are finally closed ?
3) How long does it take for the accounts to be closed after you received the letter ?
4) Will there be access to mobile banking app after closing accounts to download e-Statements ?

Thanks
23.01.2019 10:43 #6
Verified representative
Originally posted by Selenophile
Hi,

I wish to extend the original question a "little" bit.
I would like to close both, Extra Saver and Extra Current Account. I cleared all the funds from both of them, and there are no pending transactions.
1) Which method will be the quickest and the most reliable for closing these accounts ? Would it be better to come with the signed letter to your Hub ?
2) How will I know when you receive the letter, or that accounts are finally closed ?
3) How long does it take for the accounts to be closed after you received the letter ?
4) Will there be access to mobile banking app after closing accounts to download e-Statements ?

Thanks

Morning Selenophile,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To close your accounts you can either go into a hub with a signed written instruction to do so or post this instruction to KBC Bank Ireland, Sandwith Street Upper, Dublin 2.
It can take 3-5 working days after we receive the instruction to have all accounts closed for you, once this is done we will send you a letter in the post confirming that the accounts are closed.
Once the accounts are closed you will no longer have access to the accounts on the app or the e docs for statements. We can post you a statement once accounts are closed.
If you have any further queries you can contact us here or I can arrange a call back for you with one of our customer service agents if you’d like to send me your phone number, otherwise you can Freephone the team on 1800 93 92 44 or abroad on 0035316646100.

Thank you,
Kirstin
23.01.2019 11:12 #7
Thank you very much, Kirsten.
03.02.2019 21:09 #8
Hi I would like to close my account and will send a letter. Just wondering what I need to include in the letter ? Thanks.
04.02.2019 14:58 #9
Verified representative
Hi Richross.

Thanks for getting in touch. To close your account, all we need is a signed written instruction from you posted to KBC Bank Sandwith St, Dublin 2, or you can drop into any of our hubs and close it there. The instruction just has to include your name account number, the IBAN of another account where we can send any remaining balance and your signature.

Thanks,

Aoife
13.05.2019 21:11 #10
Hi

I would like to close an account. 

I'm registered for online banking is it possible to do it online?

Or best to just send a letter with the above information?

Thank you
14.05.2019 09:19 #11
Verified representative
Hi Senature,

Thanks for getting in touch. To close your account, you will need to send us in a signed instruction with your name, account number and an IBAN for us to transfer any remaining funds to. Please post this to KBC Bank Sandwith Street Upper Dublin 2.

Thanks,
Kirsten
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list