Three Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm

I have received two messages from 57030 costing €15.

02.04.2015 10:59 #1
I have received two messages from 57030 costing €15. They arrived soon after closing a pop up ad on my browser. when I replied stop I got a reply saying I was not subscribed. What are the chances of getting the money back after this fraud and can I block any other events like this
02.04.2015 11:19 #2
i dont think is a 3 issue. try the provider, then contact comreg if that doesnt work

http://www.phonesmart....r/57030#.VR0XWfnF8wg

If this number starts with 15XX or is a mobile text short code (five digits beginning with 5), then ComReg can help. If you have received a text from a short code number, you can use our online Number Checker to find out the name of the company, their contact telephone number and their contact details. You need firstly to contact the company (premium rate service provider) and raise the issue directly with them. If the issue does not get resolved, contact ComReg.
02.04.2015 13:05 #3
Originally posted by surpy
i dont think is a 3 issue. try the provider, then contact comreg if that doesnt work

If this number starts with 15XX or is a mobile text short code (five digits beginning with 5), then ComReg can help. If you have received a text from a short code number, you can use our online Number Checker to find out the name of the company, their contact telephone number and their contact details. You need firstly to contact the company (premium rate service provider) and raise the issue directly with them. If the issue does not get resolved, contact ComReg.

The provider has denied all knowledge and i have contacted comreg. however as the bill is paid via three I also need to inform them as I would inform a bank if there was an unauthorised charge on my debit card. Three are the collection agency in this case and ultimately will be responsible for taking the cash from me and passing it on to the fraudster. I am simply trying to prevent this before payment is made, this will save the hassle of claiming after it has already gone through.

Thanks for your comment, I know you are only trying to help 
2 thanks
02.04.2015 15:34 #4
Originally posted by dennissheehan
Originally posted by surpy

The provider has denied all knowledge and i have contacted comreg. however as the bill is paid via three I also need to inform them as I would inform a bank if there was an unauthorised charge on my debit card. Three are the collection agency in this case and ultimately will be responsible for taking the cash from me and passing it on to the fraudster. I am simply trying to prevent this before payment is made, this will save the hassle of claiming after it has already gone through.

Thanks for your comment, I know you are only trying to help 

Hi dennissheehan, if you have opted in for a premium text service then we do not mange, budget or restrict you from accessing this service and you are responsible for managing this type of usage.

We did not pass any money to this company from your account. We provided you with the service, this service incurred these text message and the amount was billed to you. We have no connection with this company whatsoever.

You can find more information about these types of charges by visiting ComReg's dedicated site here - http://www.phonesmart.ie where you can check the number. I checked it just now and the company looks to be Zamabno, see below.

Short Code: 57030
Service Provider:Zamano
Helpline:076 6801002
Email:cs@zamano.com.

If there is anything else we can help with let me know. Thanks
02.04.2015 18:34 #5
It has now emerged that my number was provided to zamano by three, when a pop up ad from appmob appeared on my phone. by pressing an X to close the window, which was actually a trick X to process the request. Then my IP was sent to three and they provided the number to zamano. win win win for all three.

Is there anything I can do to protect me from such frauds such as Changing my number ( or will three provide that to zamano as well) or barring the company from sending me texts?

I have contacted Zamano for a response, I have contacted comreg and now I want to hear what three have to say about assisting these fraudsters?

for anyone who do not believe it; search "how do appmob get my number" on a computer, not mobile and click the first result.

I have been with three from day 1 and the service has been outstanding, I never had anything like this happen before, but this is a turning point.
02.04.2015 22:37 #6
You should let comreg know that Three are the ones that gave your number to Zamano.

It all sounds doggy to me...
03.04.2015 12:22 #7
Originally posted by satguy
You should let comreg know that Three are the ones that gave your number to Zamano.

It all sounds doggy to me...

Thanks satguy, I am still awaiting a reply from all three, but with Easter I might have to wait a while
03.04.2015 21:14 #8
It has now emerged that my number was provided to zamano by three, when a pop up ad from appmob appeared on my phone. by pressing an X to close the window, which was actually a trick X to process the request. Then my IP was sent to three and they provided the number to zamano. win win win for all three.

Is there anything I can do to protect me from such frauds such as Changing my number ( or will three provide that to zamano as well) or barring the company from sending me texts?

I have contacted Zamano for a response, I have contacted comreg and now I want to hear what three have to say about assisting these fraudsters?

for anyone who do not believe it; search "how do appmob get my number" on a computer, not mobile and click the first result.

I have been with three from day 1 and the service has been outstanding, I never had anything like this happen before, but this is a turning point.

Your IP address  is nothing to do with premium texts. In order for Zamano to sign you , they have to receive a text message from your phone (msisdn number). This is the only way you can opt it to this kind of service. Check your sent messages to see if the ad you click on sent any message. If there are no messages then Zamano are in violation of the premium message rules as you haven't opted in.

my 2 cents.
05.04.2015 18:07 #9
Originally posted by elderlemon

Your IP address  is nothing to do with premium texts. In order for Zamano to sign you , they have to receive a text message from your phone (msisdn number). This is the only way you can opt it to this kind of service. Check your sent messages to see if the ad you click on sent any message. If there are no messages then Zamano are in violation of the premium message rules as you haven't opted in.

my 2 cents.

Checked the sent messages and there are non, I have been on a mobile 20 years this year and I have always avoided premium numbers as I have friends that were cleaned out of credit with them. I have always been on bill pay which made it more worrying as they could keep sending me messages and I could not stop them. The only time I ever text a number like this was for 4fm tickets on 53544, i contacted them and they say they use oxygen8 and not zamano. 

It all happened when I tried to close a pop up ad for some babe site, with the new version of android it is harder to close a website and when I clicked on the X to close it I immediately received 2 messages from appmob. 

The bill is due tomorrow and three would prefer me to pay it and forget about it as they receive 33% network retention charge after vat, so this fraud is worth at least €5 to them. 

All I want them to do really is not pass on the the charge to zamano and tell them to post me the bill like anyone else and see if they get paid after comreg examines the case.  
06.04.2015 12:44 #10
If there are no text messages sent by you then Three or Zamano (or both) are in violation of the regulations. see https://clients.txtnat...ort-Code-Regulations

Originally posted by elderlemon

my 2 cents.

Checked the sent messages and there are non, I have been on a mobile 20 years this year and I have always avoided premium numbers as I have friends that were cleaned out of credit with them. I have always been on bill pay which made it more worrying as they could keep sending me messages and I could not stop them. The only time I ever text a number like this was for 4fm tickets on 53544, i contacted them and they say they use oxygen8 and not zamano. 

It all happened when I tried to close a pop up ad for some babe site, with the new version of android it is harder to close a website and when I clicked on the X to close it I immediately received 2 messages from appmob. 

The bill is due tomorrow and three would prefer me to pay it and forget about it as they receive 33% network retention charge after vat, so this fraud is worth at least €5 to them. 

All I want them to do really is not pass on the the charge to zamano and tell them to post me the bill like anyone else and see if they get paid after comreg examines the case.  
07.04.2015 17:13 #11
Hi dennissheehan, have you contacted ComReg in relation to this? If you contact using the PhoneSmart link that Steve gave they'll investigate these charges from Zamano.
07.04.2015 22:45 #13
If Zamano Trick, Steal, €3,000 from Three customers, by sending those very nice and helpful premium texts, does €1,000 of the total go to Three ?

Do Three give them your number,, wink, wink, he has €60 in credit = Happy Days .. ?

Are any board members of Three also on the Zamano board ? Answers would be nice, .. Please.
07.04.2015 22:51 #14
Got caught by this Zamano crowd as well to the tune of €25 on the Meteor network

Complained to Comreg and Meteor. Meteor in fairness were very helpful but couldn't do anything so I sent an email to Zamano directly. Got my money back in 3 days
1 thank
08.04.2015 00:05 #15
There is thread here about it... They rake in 10s of millions every year,, 33% goes to the mobile operator...

http://www.boards.ie/v...p?t=2057138601 ;
3 thanks
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image