Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask AIB Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Mon-Fri 9am - 8pm
Sat-Sun 9am - 5pm

Top 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions on internet Business Banking (iBB)

09.02.2015 15:50 #1
This sticky gives information on some of our most common queries, we hope it proves useful.

1. I see a Tech error when I log in to iBB, what do I do?
If you are seeing a ‘TECH’ error, you may be experiencing a slow internet connection. Try deleting temporary files and cookies and then log in again.
For all other Log in Queries, please call 0818 720 000, +353 1 641 4889 (Outside of Ireland) Monday - Friday 08:30 - 17:30. Please have your iBB User ID ready.

2. I am having difficulty logging into iBB.
Make sure you are logging on through a supported browser such as Internet Explorer and that your log in credentials (iBB User ID, Passphrase and OTC) are correct.

3. I have forgotten my iBB Passphrase, what do I do?
Local Adminstrator : Contact our iBB Customer Support team on 0818 720 000 to request a new PAC, +353 1 641 4889 (Outside of Ireland) Monday - Friday 08:30 - 17:30. Make sure you have your iBB User ID ready.
Other Users: Your Local Administrator can reset your Passphrase for you.

4. How do I find the IBAN and BIC for my account?
• Select the account from the dropdown list.
• Click on Statement and then select the IBAN button at the bottom of the page.

or

• You can use the BIC & IBAN converter within iBB.
NB: Your BIC & IBAN are also printed on your AIB account statement.

5. Where can I get my customer’s IBAN and BIC?
If you have the AIB NSC and Account Number for your customer: (The IBAN converter can convert any Banks IBAN in the Republic of Ireland, not just) maybe remove AIB)

• Enter in the NSC and Account Number and the BIC & IBAN will be displayed.
Alternatively, ask your customer for this information.

6. My iBB Digipass is not working, lost or stolen, how do I order a new one?
If your iBB Digipass is lost, stolen or the battery is low, please contact our iBB Customer Support Team on 0818 72 00 00 for a replacement Digipass. +353 1 641 4889 (Outside of Ireland) Monday - Friday 08:30 - 17:30.
Important: Your Digipass will be deactivated IMMEDIATELY when a new one is ordered.
Don't try to change the battery, as this will disable the Digipass completely.

7. How do I reset an iBB User Passphrase?
Local Administrator (System Administator) Only
• Go to the Local Admin tab and click on User List.
• Select the User(s) and click on Reset.
• You then need to confirm the request using your Digipass.
Note Local Administrator can reset a non-local admin user.

8. How do I set Payment Limits on iBB?
To set Payment limits you must be a Local Administrator (System Administrator).
• Select the Local Administrator tab and then User List, click on the User that you want to set up or modify and modify the user in the limits tab.
• Make sure you save and validate all your user changes.

9. How do I set up a Beneficiary?
A Beneficiary is a person or a legal entity/company that you designate to receive funds in payment for the exchange of goods and/or services.
• Go to the Payments tab / Payments Management. Click on Beneficiaries and select either Domestic or International.
• Make sure you have the BIC & IBAN for the receiver account.
• To authorise your request go to Beneficiary Management, select the Beneficiary and click on Authorise.
• You will be prompted to confirm the request using your Digipass.

10. Where can I see the status of my payment?
• Go to the Payment logs tab and select Outgoing or Incoming payments.
18.02.2015 13:37 #2
Any plans to introduce support for the smartphone app versions of the Digipass.

Pain the butt having to always carry around the physical digipass and would be great if the mobile app could be used instead
18.02.2015 14:13 #3
Originally posted by pizzahead77

Pain the butt having to always carry around the physical digipass and would be great if the mobile app could be used instead

Hi pizzahead77,

Thanks for sending us your feedback on Boards. I have passed this on to the iBB Development Team for you. If we can help you with anything else, please get in touch.

Anne
04.11.2016 09:07 #4
Originally posted by AskAIB: Anne

Hi pizzahead77,

Thanks for sending us your feedback on Boards. I have passed this on to the iBB Development Team for you. If we can help you with anything else, please get in touch.

Anne

Hi AIB,

Any update on this?
07.11.2016 16:30 #5
Originally posted by corglass

Hi pizzahead77,

Anne

Hi AIB,

Any update on this?

Hi corglass,

We have no update on this at the moment I'm afraid but appreciate your interest.

Thanks for getting in touch,
Anne
09.11.2016 21:44 #6
Heello can everybody answer me. Isnt it the regular saving will deduct money on my current acct to automatically pay my saver acct. What will happen if i dont money on my current acct to pay my saver account,,
10.11.2016 09:37 #7
Originally posted by Pipers1234567
Heello can everybody answer me. Isnt it the regular saving will deduct money on my current acct to automatically pay my saver acct. What will happen if i dont money on my current acct to pay my saver account,,

Hi Pipers1234567,

Can you please advise what specific savings account you have? Some savings accounts have a direct debit payment set up and others have a standing order payment set up. The outcome of missing a payment for both is different. 

Thanks,
Anne
11.11.2016 12:22 #8
I think its the direct debit payment. What if i missed a payment? What will happen?
11.11.2016 14:20 #9
Originally posted by Pipers1234567
I think its the direct debit payment. What if i missed a payment? What will happen?

Hi Pipers1234567,

If it is a Direct Debit payment, this will result in an unpaid fee of €10 and the payment won't attempt again until the following month. 

Thanks,
Anne

13.11.2016 06:53 #10
Ahm I just want to make it clear, i have an AIB SAVER ACCOUNT together with my AIB CUrrent account . And every month my SAVER ACCOUNT getting €200(which setted up in AIB branch for every month saving/payment thats Automated) from my AIB CURRENT ACCOUNT. My question is What if i dont have a €200 euro on my AIB CURRENT ACCOUNT to pay my AIB SAVER ACCOUNT every month? What will happen? Please answer me thanks so much
14.11.2016 10:32 #11
Hi Pipers1234567,

You are best to contact our Customer Service Team who will be happy to check the type of Savings account that you hold and fully advise you on this. The Team are available 24/7 on 0818 724724 (+353 17712424 if calling from abroad). Alternatively, you can visit your local AIB branch with proof of ID who can also assist you with your query. 

Thanks,
Lisa
03.11.2017 11:35 #12

Hi pizzahead77,

Anne

Hi AIB,

Any update on this?

Hi corglass,

We have no update on this at the moment I'm afraid but appreciate your interest.

Anne

+1 on this .

Its nearly 3 years later and still no sign of replacing the Digipass. 
Its madness in this day and age that we have to carry around a digipass to make payments etc. 
All the other banks have moved or are moving to App based security, why does AIB have to be left behind :(
03.11.2017 16:12 #13
Originally posted by Luckycharms_74

Hi pizzahead77,

Anne

Hi AIB,

Any update on this?

Hi corglass,

Anne

+1 on this .

Its nearly 3 years later and still no sign of replacing the Digipass. 
Its madness in this day and age that we have to carry around a digipass to make payments etc. 
All the other banks have moved or are moving to App based security, why does AIB have to be left behind :(

Hi Luckycharms_74

Security is paramount and whilst we continuously review security options, currently the Digipass is part of the overall security solution for iBusiness Banking. 

We appreciate your feedback and will be in touch with any future developments. 

Kind regards,
Trina
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image