Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Virgin Media Ireland Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12pm-3pm.

Continuous Network errors last night with Destiny

19.12.2014 09:27 #1
Just wondering was there anything going last night with UPC as Destiny was getting an incredible amout of disconnects (bee, weasel, anteater) all general Networking issues. I know of several other UPC users who also experienced this last night, whereas Efibre folk didnt seem to experience anything

Multiple modem resets were done over the period of about 7 hours

Any thoughts

Toppy
19.12.2014 09:51 #2
I had the same issue from about 1030 to 0010 last night. 
Errors every ten minutes or so.
I also had some errors late Wednesday night and late Tuesday night. At one point on Tuesday night (around midnight going into Wednesday morning), 4 members of a raid team were being disconnected from the Destiny servers. All 4 were on UPC broadband. The 2 guys who were on Sky and Eircom were not disconnected.
There does appear to be something out of sorts with UPC network connectivity at the moment. I have found in the past that this type of behaviour is the forewarning of a more serious issue. So hopefully UPC are looking into it or the rep will take heed of these posts and get it checked out.
My router looked fine last night and a continuous ping did not show any packet loss. However, these were only normal ping packets and not large packets. Large packets might have show an issue.
19.12.2014 10:03 #3
Originally posted by nocal
I had the same issue from about 1030 to 0010 last night. 
Errors every ten minutes or so.
I also had some errors late Wednesday night and late Tuesday night. At one point on Tuesday night (around midnight going into Wednesday morning), 4 members of a raid team were being disconnected from the Destiny servers. All 4 were on UPC broadband. The 2 guys who were on Sky and Eircom were not disconnected.
There does appear to be something out of sorts with UPC network connectivity at the moment. I have found in the past that this type of behaviour is the forewarning of a more serious issue. So hopefully UPC are looking into it or the rep will take heed of these posts and get it checked out.
My router looked fine last night and a continuous ping did not show any packet loss. However, these were only normal ping packets and not large packets. Large packets might have show an issue.

Same here. Constant disconnects all night. My speeds fell throught he floor also. 
19.12.2014 10:05 #4
Exactly the same issues here also. Started around 10 last night until I went to bed. I've been on for the last half an hour and been disconnected with the weasel error 4 times already. Playing on an xbox one here.

There doesn't seem to be any problem with anything else at all, Netflix is running fine and a few online games on the PC are working without issue.

Hope the reps can have a look into it!
19.12.2014 10:07 #5
Same here.  I've had 8 disconnects since about 9.20 this morning.  Very annoying.
19.12.2014 10:34 #6
Same here
19.12.2014 11:00 #7
So one UPC user in the Destiny thread has reported no issues. So the issue might be slightly localised. I am in Dublin 5.
19.12.2014 11:03 #8
Cork - Ballincollig Xbone user
19.12.2014 11:03 #9
Originally posted by nocal
So one UPC user in the Destiny thread has reported no issues. So the issue might be slightly localised. I am in Dublin 5.

South Co. Dublin - PS4 and had issues last night but not home just now.
19.12.2014 11:17 #10
Dublin 11 here and it feels like it's actually getting worse....
19.12.2014 11:39 #11
Just tried getting something done about this on the "chat to" service. They want me to be at home to look into this further. So looks like we are getting nowhere fast with this. 
19.12.2014 12:00 #12
Frequent Support Feeder
I had issues but Steam related (not Destiny related). Had to restart the modem multiple times until the packet loss dropped off...

In D8
19.12.2014 13:20 #13
Hi All, 

We've no logged issues regarding this, while we cannot provide support for specific games I had seen the same issue affect myself last night. Error messages included 'Bee' 'Newt' and 'Anteater'. 

We'd recommend contacting Bungie support on this but if there's any info they need from you regarding your connection just let us know your acc info on PM to UPC: Reps and we'd do our best to supply this to you. 

Thanks. 
1 thank
19.12.2014 13:47 #14
You should join the board Clan Brian :P
Thanks for looking into it though
19.12.2014 14:13 #15
Might want to keep an eye on this Brian

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/85715741/0/0
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline