Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Electric Ireland Representatives

16 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 6pm
(excluding public holidays)

What to do when moving address...

01.08.2020 12:56 #31
Hi

I just moved to a new home. I'm still on contract with EI. Opened it when moved into a rented apt.
I had day/night plan in the apt. The new house has been fitted with double tarrif meter when we bought it but its been replaced with the smart meter before we moved in.
I tried moving house from my online account but the new house meter (after i fill out the new MPRN) shows up as 24h meter. Single tarrif?
I want to keep 2 tarrrif. What should i do?
Shall i do the house move and then switch to day/night via EI customer service or should i contact ESB first?

With kind regards
Bartosz
04.08.2020 09:53 #32
Verified representative
Originally posted by BartoszP
Hi

I just moved to a new home. I'm still on contract with EI. Opened it when moved into a rented apt.
I had day/night plan in the apt. The new house has been fitted with double tarrif meter when we bought it but its been replaced with the smart meter before we moved in.
I tried moving house from my online account but the new house meter (after i fill out the new MPRN) shows up as 24h meter. Single tarrif?
I want to keep 2 tarrrif. What should i do?
Shall i do the house move and then switch to day/night via EI customer service or should i contact ESB first?

With kind regards
Bartosz

Hi Bartosz,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We recommend telephoning Electric Ireland Customer Service on 1850 372 372 to cover both the registration and enquire about the day/night meter, as Customer Service send the service order to ESB Networks for the change from 24-hour meter to day/night meter.

Kind regards,
Una
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image