Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Electric Ireland Representatives

4 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 6pm
(excluding public holidays)

What to do when moving address...

08.08.2017 11:17 #16
Hi vickers209,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Originally posted by vickers209
hi whats the procedure when leaving a house with a payg meter installed?

We recommend calling our colleagues in the Pay As You Go team on 1850 372 372 to close a Pay As You Go account.

Our colleagues are available Monday to Saturday, 8am to 8pm (excluding bank holidays).

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
Aoife
1 thank
20.09.2017 20:10 #17
Hi

We are Electric Ireland customers and have been for the last few years.  

If we move address then do we have to sign up for a new contract?

Thanks
21.09.2017 10:09 #18
Originally posted by handofdog
Hi

We are Electric Ireland customers and have been for the last few years.  

If we move address then do we have to sign up for a new contract?

Thanks

Hi handofdog,

Only new customers who switch to Electric Ireland are required to agree to a contract. This contract is 12 months in duration.

If a customer moves house during the 12-month contract, once they are remaining with Electric Ireland at their new home, it does not affect their contract.

If you have any other queries, please let us know.

Best regards,
Una
1 thank
07.03.2018 14:15 #19
Hello there, 

I have just moved into a new house (renting it), and would like to change the account. 
We had an account year ago but had to close it as we were moving to another house which the bills were shared on landlords, but now we have moved to another house and want to have our account back but we don't have our account number as we have lost our bills due to moving.

What could I do to retrieve my lost account? Or what account number do I use when I need to change the name?

Thank you
07.03.2018 14:27 #20
Originally posted by Awkward_Tiger
Hello there, 

I have just moved into a new house (renting it), and would like to change the account. 
We had an account year ago but had to close it as we were moving to another house which the bills were shared on landlords, but now we have moved to another house and want to have our account back but we don't have our account number as we have lost our bills due to moving.

What could I do to retrieve my lost account? Or what account number do I use when I need to change the name?

Thank you

Hi Awkward_Tiger,

You can switch to Electric Ireland by phoning 1850 30 50 90 with your new address's electricity meter point reference number (MPRN), an up-to-date meter-reading and your bank details (also the gas point reference number/GPRN if relevant). Just advise the Sales agent that you were a customer before, and they can find that account number with the phone number/email address that was on your account at the time.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
Una
10.05.2018 18:29 #21
Hello,
I'm living in shared rented accomodation. About a year ago, a new housemate moved in and asked for her name to be added to the bill, so that she could use it as proof of address.
I'm moving out at the start of June, and I'd like to close the account. Do we both need to contact EI to give permission?
Thanks!
11.05.2018 10:13 #22
Originally posted by Gadgie
Hello,
I'm living in shared rented accomodation. About a year ago, a new housemate moved in and asked for her name to be added to the bill, so that she could use it as proof of address.
I'm moving out at the start of June, and I'd like to close the account. Do we both need to contact EI to give permission?
Thanks!

Hi Gadgie,

It is only necessary for you to close your account, there is no requirement for your housemate to give authorisation.

You can actually close your account via Electric Ireland Online Billing if you have this, or if you don't, you can do so via this form on the Electric Ireland website.

Should you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
Una
11.05.2018 10:32 #23
Originally posted by Electric Ireland: Una
Originally posted by Gadgie
Hello,
Thanks!

Hi Gadgie,

It is only necessary for you to close your account, there is no requirement for your housemate to give authorisation.

You can actually close your account via Online Billing account if you have one, or if you don't, this form on the Electric Ireland website.

Should you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
Una

Perfect, thanks!

I'll close the account when I move out, and she can open up a new account in her name with her payment details.
1 thank
11.05.2018 10:57 #24
Hi Gadgie,

You are very welcome - we're happy to advise.

Yes, just provide your housemate with the meter-reading(s) you use to close your account, which she will need to open her account (you will be billed up to them, she will then be billed from them onwards) and she will also need the property's electricity meter point reference number (MPRN) which is on a bill (as well as the GPRN, gas point reference number, if relevant).

If your housemate is choosing Electric Ireland as her provider, the relevant telephone number for her to call is 1850 30 50 90 (Electric Ireland Sales).

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
Una
01.10.2018 10:30 #25
Moving into house as new owner...at present not sure of who will be my provider. Can I open an account without a contract? (already have an EI account where I rent which will not be closed for a few months)
02.10.2018 12:50 #26
Hi Darando,

Yes, you can open an account with Electric Ireland Customer Service (rather than Sales) without a contract being required. A security deposit may automatically be applied to the account, which can be eliminated by setting up direct debit. The Customer Service team can set up direct debit for you.

They are available on 1850 372 372 (or 01 8529534) until 8pm Monday to Saturday (excluding public holidays) if you contact them with your MPRN and meter-reading.

Best regards,
Una
14.11.2018 09:55 #27
Hi There, 

My tenant has done a runner on me, and left no forwarding address.  I don't even know if they were with electric Ireland or some other company. 

Can you help me with the steps i need to go through to make this right? 

Cheers
14.11.2018 11:21 #28
Originally posted by Hero777
Hi There, 

My tenant has done a runner on me, and left no forwarding address.  I don't even know if they were with electric Ireland or some other company. 

Can you help me with the steps i need to go through to make this right? 

Cheers

Hi Hero777,

If you have not done so, ensure to open an account for the energy supply, which will automatically close the tenant's account if it is still open. You would not be held liable for a balance owing in someone else's name, so if there is subsequent postal correspondence, you are not required to act on it.

The tenant may be contacted by telephone or SMS regarding any overdue balance (or if they have online billing instead of postal billing, a forwarding address is not required for their final bill).

If you are choosing Electric Ireland as your provider, the Sales team can set up a non contract account for the duration until the next tenant registers (if applicable). Electric Ireland Sales can be contacted on 1850 30 50 90 and will require the MPRN and your bank details.

Best regards,
Una
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image