Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask AIB Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Mon-Fri 9am - 8pm
Sat-Sun 9am - 5pm

Top 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions (update 22/04/16)

30.05.2014 11:30 #1
1. Where can I find my IBAN and BIC?

Your IBAN and BIC are available:

On the top right hand side of your bank account Statement/eStatement

Through the “Statement & Advices” option online

By calling our Customer Service Team at 0818 724 724

Visiting any AIB Branch with photo ID

Using AIB Mobile Banking. If you know your NSC and account number, you can convert these to your BIC and IBAN within the AIB Mobile Banking app, likewise if you know the NSC and account number that you wish to transfer funds into, you can enter these and it will give the BIC and IBAN.
AIB’s BIC is AIBKIE2D

2. How do I reset my password for Verified by Visa/MasterCard Secure Code?

Debit Cards - Please contact our Card Services Team on +353 1 269 5022 for Verified by Visa queries and have your Debit Card number ready.

Credit Cards - Contact our Credit Card Team on 1890 24 24 28 for Verified by Visa and MasterCard Secure Code queries. Please have your Credit Card number ready.

3. I am travelling abroad, and plan on using my Debit and Credit cards, how do I advise AIB?

Login to AIB Internet Banking, go to Manage My Accounts / My Cards, select your Debit or Credit Card and select ‘Add a Travel Note’.

Debit Cards - Contact our Card Services Team on +353 1 269 5022 to make a note of your travel dates on your Debit Card. Please have your Debit Card number ready.

Credit Cards - Contact our Credit Card Team on +353 1 668 5500 to make a note of your travel dates on your Credit Card. Please have your Credit Card number ready.

Please note: if you are travelling to the UK, you do not need to notify us.
Learn more about travelling abroad.

We would always recommend notifying us, online or by phone, if you plan to use your card(s) abroad to ensure continued use.

4. How do I set up a Standing Order?

Log into AIB Internet Banking using your 8 digit Registration Number, 3 random digits from your Personal Access Code (PAC). Periodically, a third security question may be requested at login stage on Internet Banking.

Select Transfer and Payments / My Standing Orders and follow the onscreen instructions.

You will also need to have your AIB Card Reader or Code Card ready.

The maximum amount a standing order can be set up/amended on your AIB Internet Banking is limited to an aggregate of €2,000 in any business day.
A standing order can be set up for the next business day if processed before 20.00h (GMT) on a business day.

Should the date you select be a weekend or bank holiday, your account will be debited on the next business day.

http://personal.aib.ie...-and-standing-orders

5. What are the opening hours for my branch?

To find your nearest branch and to check the opening hours, please click on http://personal.aib.ie/branchlocator

6. How do I report my AIB Debit / Credit Card(s) as lost / stolen?

Login using your 8 digit Registration Number and 3 random digits from your Personal Access Code (PAC). Periodically, a third security question may be requested at login stage on Internet Banking.

Go to Services & Settings / Manage My Cards.

Select your Credit or Debit Card / Select 'report Card Lost/Stolen'.

Follow the instructions onscreen.

Alternatively select your Debit or Credit Card in ‘Accounts’ and click on the ‘Account Management’ button. Click on

‘Report Card Lost/Stolen’ and follow the online instructions.

7. How do I cancel a Direct Debit?

Login using your 8 digit Registration Number, 3 random digits from your Personal Access Code (PAC) and one additional security question. Select Transfer and Payments / My Direct Debits and follow the onscreen instructions.

Please Note: The cut off times will display on screen when you are cancelling the direct debit.

Please Note: While AIB will cancel your Direct Debit, it is your responsibility to inform the Originator of this cancellation and to make any alternative payment arrangements necessary.

Please ring 0818 724 724 (choose option one and then press zero) or any AIB Branch, Monday to Friday between 9am and 5.30pm. You don’t need to be registered for Phone & Internet Banking; you will just need to answer some security questions

This service is also available in branches using the (green) courtesy phones.

All cancellation requests taken before 5.30pm will take effect the next business day.

Please note, the Phone Banking team cannot cancel Direct Debits for AIB Home Loans or Arklife/Irishlife policies.

8. I would like to query a transaction on my account, what do I do?

Login using your 8 digit Registration Number, 3 random digits from your Personal Access Code (PAC). Periodically, a third security question may be requested at login stage.

Click on the account you want to check.

9. How do I order a reminder PIN for my debit card?

Login using your 8 digit Registration Number and 3 random digits from your Personal Access Code (PAC). Periodically, a third security question may be requested at login stage on Internet Banking. Go to ‘Services & Settings/Manage My Cards'. Select your Debit Card/ Select ‘PIN Reminder’ and follow the instructions on screen.

Alternatively click on your Debit Card in ‘Accounts’ and click on the ‘Account Management’ button. Select ‘PIN Reminder’ and follow the instructions on screen.

10. How do I order a paper statement for my account?

Log into AIB Internet Banking using your 8 digit Registration Number and 3 random digits from your Personal Access Code (PAC). Periodically, a third security question may be requested at login stage on Internet Banking.

Click on Accounts and select eStatements, then select the 'Order Statement' button.

Please Note: Statement will be for the period from your last statement issue date to the date of ordering.
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon