Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

SUSI Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm

Student Grant Supplement for Compulsory Work Placement/Internship?

25.03.2014 12:36 #1
Hi

I am a student at the Institute of Technology Sligo, I also live in Sligo, currently I'm on the lowest maintenance grant for my course which is adequate for my needs, but I am in my third year now and part of my course is compulsory work placement/internship at a company in my sector.

I have been looking for placement around the country as my options in Sligo are very limited, but I don't have nearly enough funds in order to live in another part of the country for 3-5 months while earning nothing.

so I was wondering what my options are for any kind of supplement or grant form my placement, does anything like this exist for someone in my circumstances?.
25.03.2014 13:38 #2
Verified representative
Hi SOLID_SNAKE,

Thanks for your message.

Originally posted by SOLID_SNAKE!
so I was wondering what my options are for any kind of supplement or grant form my placement, does anything like this exist for someone in my circumstances

Unfortunately there is no additional payment for an applicant in the above circumstance and the rate of grant would not change. As this is a compulsory part of your course, it is considered that you are still studying at the Sligo Institute of Technology.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
Shane,
SUSI HelpDesk
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list