Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

SUSI Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm

Eligible?

21.03.2014 01:28 #1
I attended approximately semester 1, 1 month of semester 2 and a couple of exams in a level 8 university course in 2010/11. Don't think I properly deregistered until after I'd dropped out but did get a leave of absence before that. I didn't apply for the grant but was on the HEAR scheme and received the AIB scholarship of 2000e. The reason I dropped out was due to illness. I will be a mature student (23) in early October. Will I be eligible for the grant this coming September?
21.03.2014 10:24 #2
Verified representative
Hi Arf91,

Thanks for your message.

Originally posted by arf91
I attended approximately semester 1, 1 month of semester 2 and a couple of exams in a level 8 university course in 2010/11. Don't think I properly deregistered until after I'd dropped out but did get a leave of absence before that. I didn't apply for the grant but was on the HEAR scheme and received the AIB scholarship of 2000e. The reason I dropped out was due to illness. I will be a mature student (23) in early October. Will I be eligible for the grant this coming September?

You would be eligible to apply but a repeat period of study maybe required before you would be eligible. This means you may have to complete the amount of time you were present in your last course, in your new course, without being eligible. If you were present for five months in your previous course, you may have to complete the first five months of your new course without the grant.

As you mentioned you withdrew due to illness, you may be eligible to receive the full grant based on special circumstances. You would have to explain your situation in the additional notes section on the application form. You may also have to supply documentation to support this. Unfortunately I could not confirm full eligibility on these grounds as these are assessed on a case by case basis.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
Shane,
SUSI HelpDesk
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right