SUSI Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm

Switching to a Private Course & effect on grant?

17.03.2014 11:06 #1
I am currently in first year studying Leisure Management in DIT Cathal Brugha Street and I have decided that it's not the course for me. I am switching to a Private Course in Beauty Therapy but I havn't decided on which one I want to do yet. I have 3 questions!
  •  If I choose to do a non-private course in Senior College Dun Loaighre, will I still receive my grant even though I have dropped out of my course in DIT?
  • If I choose to do a Private Course, will I receive any form of a grant from SUSI?
  • If I choose to do a Private Course, will my sister's grant be affected? She is going into her fourth and final year of College and has received a grant every year.
[*]

Thank you!:)
18.03.2014 11:16 #2
Verified representative
Hi Lemonade1,

Thanks for your message.

Originally posted by lemonade1
[*] If I choose to do a non-private course in Senior College Dun Loaighre, will I still receive my grant even though I have dropped out of my course in DIT?
[*]If I choose to do a Private Course, will I receive any form of a grant from SUSI?

Unfortunately we do not offer funding for students attending private colleges. We only offer funding to full time course's in approved institutes.

Originally posted by lemonade1
[*]If I choose to do a Private Course, will my sister's grant be affected? She is going into her fourth and final year of College and has received a grant every year.

As SUSI only began for first time applicants for the 2012/13 academic year, she would have to contact her previous awarding authority in regards to this. This would likely be her local VEC.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
Shane,
SUSI HelpDesk
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list