Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

21 hrs
Response Time
86%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Mobile Broadband is here – we hear you

11.03.2016 19:28 #31
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Thomas
Originally posted by damoire
Is Mobile Broadband not being offered by Tesco Mobile any more?
Don't see it on the new website!

Hi Damoire,

I am afraid we no longer have it for new customers if you are already on a plan you can stay on it. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

Thanks
Thomas

Does that mean existing customers will be dropped when they come to the end of their contracts? Tesco's Mobile Broadband adventure didn't last very long.
14.03.2016 13:50 #32
Hi Skid x

The broadband Contracts are rolling contracts this means as long as you don't move number or change the tarrif it will roll on after your contract date. If you leave MBB you will not be able to set another one up.

Thanks
Thomas
1 thank
14.03.2016 14:53 #33
Hi Skid x

The broadband Contracts are rolling contracts this means as long as you don't move number or change the tarrif it will roll on after your contract date. If you leave MBB you will not be able to set another one up.

Thanks
Thomas

Very good, thanks.
14.03.2016 15:24 #34
Originally posted by Skid X
Hi Skid x

Thanks
Thomas

Very good, thanks.

No problem, If you ever have any questions we are always here to help.

Thanks
Thomas
1 thank
20.06.2016 18:24 #35
Originally posted by Skid X
Hi Skid x

Thanks
Thomas

Very good, thanks.

No problem, If you ever have any questions we are always here to help.

Thanks
Thomas

I Have a Question
How do TESCO Mobile try to contact customer they are going to cut offf
Text / Call  / Email
How do you account for reports of customers being disconnected without warning ???????????
14.07.2016 14:28 #36
Hi ALL,

Just reminding everyone that the broadband service for new customer has finished. You will not be able to take out a new contract on MBB.

Dont worry

If you are an existing customer on mobile broadband you will be able to continue to use the service.
You can just leave your tariff roll on each month. 

Thanks again
Thomas

14.07.2016 17:19 #37
Why is TM no longer providing a MBB service to new customers.
14.07.2016 18:09 #38
Originally posted by danjo-xx

The offer for MBB has ended. It has been discontinued, but this makes no difference if you are already on it. Everything will stay the same.

Thanks
Thomas
14.07.2016 21:32 #39

The offer for MBB has ended. It has been discontinued, but this makes no difference if you are already on it. Everything will stay the same.

Thanks
Thomas

Why has it been discontinued.
15.07.2016 08:41 #40
Verified representative

Thanks
Thomas

Why has it been discontinued.

Hi Danjo-xx,

Our customers have told us that they want simple value for money across Pay as you go and Billpay, in line with the rest of the market we consistently review our propositions and products and due to the low demand of mobile broadband among our customer base we have taken the decision to remove this product from sale. This will not affect the service being received by existing mobile broadband customers.

Thanks,
Luke
15.07.2016 16:36 #41
I am a tesco pay monthly customer. I lost 3g signal last month for about 5 days then it came back but lost it again this week. As I have no broadband I am dependant on this. I called tesco helpline and spoke to 3 different people but nobody seems to know what is happening. The last I heard was they thought masts in mayo were being upgraded to 4g and this may have an impact. Someone on here suggested that it is the merging of O2 and 3 that's causing problems.
Do you have an answer to this issue??
18.07.2016 14:40 #42
Originally posted by dodie
I am a tesco pay monthly customer.  I lost 3g signal last month for about 5 days then it came back but lost it again this week.  As I have no broadband I am dependant on this.  I called tesco helpline and spoke to 3 different people but nobody seems to know what is happening.  The last I heard was they thought masts in mayo were being upgraded to 4g and this may have an impact.  Someone on here suggested that it is the merging of O2 and 3 that's causing problems.
Do you have an answer to this issue??

Hi Dodie,

I'm very sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your coverage. Can you please PM our Reps page - LINK! - with your mobile number, name, address and mother's maiden name and we can look in to this further for you?

Thanks,
Shauna
08.09.2016 18:56 #43
Without 4G, I do not think a modern quality MBB service can be offered. So I think Tesco is right not to offer it at present.
09.09.2016 12:47 #44
While I would agree a modern MBB service requires 4g, I had found Tesco's MBB handy for tablets which have a SIM slot.
26.09.2016 10:35 #45
Can my Tesco Broadband 3G Sim be used in a 4G router to pick up the new 4G signal in my area?
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video