Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

9 hrs
Response Time
91%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Mobile Broadband is here – we hear you

02.01.2015 10:32 #16
Originally posted by Mr Moxie
Hi

How can I find out what mbs download/upload speeds are possible from this mobile broadband in my home location?

Thank you

Thank you Kim.

The map is a good indicator, except it doesn't have a key that explains what the terms mean? Even a general "Expected Speed" figure would be good?

It seems that the best way to find out is to try it out. 
Do Tesco Mobile Naas have a Mobile BB unit that they loan to customers to try out the speed before they buy?

My issue is that I am looking for alternative options to paying a line rental fee for a landline phone I NEVER use :-), I have a TV/Phone?Broadband package with Sky. I need to test if the Sky On Demand service will work with your Mobile BB service before I buy...

Declan

BTW there are two of us at this address and we are both already Tesco customers, both shopping and mobile.
02.01.2015 14:03 #17
Hi

How can I find out what mbs download/upload speeds are possible from this mobile broadband in my home location?

Thank you

Thank you Kim.

The map is a good indicator, except it doesn't have a key that explains what the terms mean? Even a general "Expected Speed" figure would be good?

It seems that the best way to find out is to try it out. 
Do Tesco Mobile Naas have a Mobile BB unit that they loan to customers to try out the speed before they buy?

My issue is that I am looking for alternative options to paying a line rental fee for a landline phone I NEVER use :-), I have a TV/Phone?Broadband package with Sky. I need to test if the Sky On Demand service will work with your Mobile BB service before I buy...

Declan

BTW there are two of us at this address and we are both already Tesco customers, both shopping and mobile.

Hi Declan,

While the store does not have units that they can offer on loan, we have a 14 day money back guarantee so if you're not happy with the service for whatever reason, you can cancel within this time and receive a full refund.

I'd like to point out though that Sky restrict their apps while roaming and as Tesco Mobile 'roam' off the O2 signal, you may not be able to use Sky on Demand. I'd recommend that you check with Sky first to see if this facility would be available.

Many thanks,
Kim
14.01.2015 14:49 #18
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Kim
Originally posted by ArrBee
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Krystal
Hi,

Do you offer the data sim in a nano size?  The website seems to only mention nano sims for the phones
I'd like to use it in a kindle fire.

Hi ArrBee,

We don't at the moment, but you can order the data sim and also a free nano sim and once you have both contact us with the details to transfer the data account to the nano sim for you :)

Thanks for the response.
I'll order both as you suggest.

Who should I contact when I have them?  send ye a message or call a number?

Hi ArrBee,

You can send your info onto Tesco Mobile:Reps and we can update the sim for you there

Alternatively, you could contact us via our Live Chat service on tescomobile.ie or by calling 089 420 0000

Many thanks,
Kim

Any idea how long it takes for the SIMs to be delivered once ordered over the internet?
I still havent received them even though the charge appeared on my credit card 1/1/15
14.01.2015 14:57 #19
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Kim
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Krystal
Hi,

Do you offer the data sim in a nano size?  The website seems to only mention nano sims for the phones
I'd like to use it in a kindle fire.

Hi ArrBee,

We don't at the moment, but you can order the data sim and also a free nano sim and once you have both contact us with the details to transfer the data account to the nano sim for you :)

Thanks for the response.
I'll order both as you suggest.

Who should I contact when I have them?  send ye a message or call a number?

Hi ArrBee,

You can send your info onto Tesco Mobile:Reps and we can update the sim for you there

Alternatively, you could contact us via our Live Chat service on tescomobile.ie or by calling 089 420 0000

Many thanks,
Kim

Any idea how long it takes for the SIMs to be delivered once ordered over the internet?
I still havent received them even though the charge appeared on my credit card 1/1/15

Hi ArrBee,

Can you please PM your order number to Tesco Mobile: Reps and I will investigate.

Thanks,
Pat
17.07.2015 02:25 #20
I've just purchased your Huawei E5220 broadband device and really pleased with it's performance.  The only complaint I have is, Tesco Mobile will only let me do a €15 voucher top up twice in any 30 day period.. 
17.07.2015 10:06 #21
still no 4g
17.07.2015 12:48 #22
Originally posted by tommyo22
still no 4g

Hi

4G hasn't yet been introduced on the Tesco Mobile Ireland network but this will be rolled out once it's been fully introduced on the O2 Ireland / Three mobile merged network.

Regards,
Thomas
21.07.2015 14:25 #23
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Thomas
still no 4g

Hi

4G hasn't yet been introduced on the Tesco Mobile Ireland network but this will be rolled out once it's been fully introduced on the O2 Ireland / Three mobile merged network.

Regards,
Thomas

But hasn't it already? Didn't existing O2 customers get 4G from the 1st July on Three? Obviously on the masts that were previously 4G enabled.
21.07.2015 18:49 #24
Originally posted by MBSnr
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Thomas
still no 4g

Hi

Regards,
Thomas

But hasn't it already? Didn't existing O2 customers get 4G from the 1st July on Three? Obviously on the masts that were previously 4G enabled.

Hi MBSnr,

I have replied to this already here

Thanks,
Cónal
20.08.2015 23:53 #25
Hi I'm not sure if I should start a new thread for this but will jump in here for now.

I have an unlocked O2 dongle, Three does not work in my location at all. In an effort to get more data per month I got a Tesco sim card, paid my 2.50 for it, 15.00 for the 7.5 GB in 30 day package, stuck the sim in the dongle and ...nothing.

What am I missing? Does it take a while to register on the network? Am I supposed to change a setting somewhere? I'm 99% sure the dongle is unlocked - i got a code from Three  and I had a meteor sim that didn't do much but did enough to make it seem like it was connecting somewhat, so I do think it's unlocked.

The dongle is in a TP-Link 3G wifi router. Should I be changing a setting in there somewhere?

Or does Tesco now use the for-me-useless Three Network and not the O2 masts anymore?

If I can't get connection is there any way of getting my money back?

Thanks for any help.

A
21.08.2015 00:35 #26
Originally posted by brcwatters
Hi I'm not sure if I should start a new thread for this but will jump in here for now.

I have an unlocked O2 dongle, Three does not work in my location at all. In an effort to get more data per month I got a Tesco sim card, paid my 2.50 for it, 15.00 for the 7.5 GB in 30 day package, stuck the sim in the dongle and ...nothing.

What am I missing? Does it take a while to register on the network? Am I supposed to change a setting somewhere? I'm 99% sure the dongle is unlocked - i got a code from Three  and I had a meteor sim that didn't do much but did enough to make it seem like it was connecting somewhat, so I do think it's unlocked.

The dongle is in a TP-Link 3G wifi router. Should I be changing a setting in there somewhere?

Or does Tesco now use the for-me-useless Three Network and not the O2 masts anymore?

Thanks for any help.

A

if the dongle is unlocked, then it should work, however you need to change the APN to get connected. Its a while since i used a TMI sim, but I think the correct APN is tescomobile@liffytelecom.com.
If thats incorrect, I'm sure users will provide the correct one.
21.08.2015 00:53 #27
Originally posted by Heraldoffreeent
Originally posted by brcwatters

Thanks for any help.

A

if the dongle is unlocked, then it should work, however you need to change the APN to get connected. Its a while since i used a TMI sim, but I think the correct APN is tescomobile@liffytelecom.com.
If thats incorrect, I'm sure users will provide the correct one.

Thank you - I was actually just coming in to say that I found an older thread detailing the APN changes - it should be tmidata actually, just in case anyone else is ever looking. See this thread: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057189135. I'm using it now and it seems to be working ok. At this stage I just want something that will give me a bit of a buffer at the end of the month as the data runs out 3 or 4 days early!

Now to sort out the router.

Also a bit embarassed as I have had meteor and Three sims recently and thought neither of them worked - oops! Maybe I should give them a second chance now that I know about the APN. Only that I knew Tesco really should work, that's the only reason I pushed to find out what the story was :)
1 thank
27.08.2015 13:42 #28
Mobile Broadband Wi-Fi Hotspot

Huawei Mobile Broadband Wi-Fi device E5220

Mobile Broadband devices are a great way of connecting to the internet when you’re out and about or at home. You can connect to our mobile broadband network – wherever you happen to be *. You can control your data spends with our great value packages while having comfort in knowing you have a data allowance that suits your needs.
Our Mobile Broadband device is capable of download speeds of up to 21Mbps and is super simple to set up.

Huawei Mobile Broadband Wi-Fi device E5220
  • Portable Wi-Fi hotspot
  • Connect up to 10 devices at any one time
  • HSPA (High Speed) capability
  • Data Speeds of up to 21Mbps download/5.7Mbps Upload
  • Perfect for iPad, tablet, laptop or any wifi enabled device

You can browse through our bill pay plans by clicking here.  Bill Pay Plans Mobile Broad Band

Monthly Bills not your thing, prefer to pay when you need it or when it suits you why not go prepay. Check out our prepay deals here
29.02.2016 13:15 #29
Is Mobile Broadband not being offered by Tesco Mobile any more?
Don't see it on the new website!
29.02.2016 14:02 #30
Originally posted by damoire
Is Mobile Broadband not being offered by Tesco Mobile any more?
Don't see it on the new website!

Hi Damoire,

I am afraid we no longer have it for new customers if you are already on a plan you can stay on it. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

Thanks
Thomas
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image