Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

28 hrs
Response Time
82%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Mobile Broadband is here – we hear you

10.03.2014 10:23 #1
Boards.ie Community Manager

We are happy to now offer a Mobile Broadband product to our customers. The first step in being able to offer a broadband service was to upgrade our data capability to faster speeds which we did in November 2013. With more and more handsets and devices offering faster connectivity (21Mbps theoretical capability), we need to allow our customers access to increased speeds. We use the extensive coverage of the O2 data network, which continues with a Data Everywhere strategy.

The feedback from our customers has been very positive.

To accompany that uplift, we can now offer a Mobile Broadband product and plan in the form of a great Wi-Fi device, the Huawei E5220 which will connect wirelessly to our network, and allows multiple connections from any Wi-Fi enabled device.

And for those who only need a SIM only product, we also offer a Data SIM for tablet, dongle or Wi-Fi.
You will see that both products are available with market beating Pay As You Go and Pay Monthly plans highlighting our PAYG/PAYM plan of 15GB for just €15!

See www.tescomobile.ie/broadbandandinternet for more details.

Attached Images

Last edited by Boards.ie: Niamh: 10.03.2014 at 10:37.
2 thanks
01.07.2014 20:45 #2
Can I roam in the Netherlands with Tesco Mobile Broadband? If so, what are the rates? Thank you.
01.07.2014 20:46 #3
is it better than 3
02.07.2014 09:23 #4
Originally posted by Kalyke
Can I roam in the Netherlands with Tesco Mobile Broadband? If so, what are the rates? Thank you.

Hi Kalyke

I'm afraid that the device cannot be used abroad just within Ireland.

You can use your phone for tethering while abroad though at 25c per MB.
02.07.2014 09:28 #5
Originally posted by Ger Byrne 1
is it better than 3

Hi Ger 

We use O2's coverage and offer great value packages.

If you would like to try it we would have a cooling off period of 14 days for a pay monthly device and 28 days for a prepay device so you could test it and if you were happy keep it.

Take a look here http://www.tescomobile...roadbandandinternet/
13.12.2014 19:11 #6
Hi I'm moving house shortly and the house I'm moving to has no fixed line broadband as the exchange isn't broadband enabled. 

The current owners use the 3 network mobile broadband, but the area isn't covered by O2.

When will the 3 and O2 networks be merged, as I would like to use your phone and broadband deals? The area is Moskeigh in Co. Cork.

Thanks
15.12.2014 13:56 #7
Originally posted by maxbiaggi
Hi I'm moving house shortly and the house I'm moving to has no fixed line broadband as the exchange isn't broadband enabled. 

The current owners use the 3 network mobile broadband, but the area isn't covered by O2.

When will the 3 and O2 networks be merged, as I would like to use your phone and broadband deals? The area is Moskeigh in Co. Cork.

Thanks

Hi maxbiaggi

At the moment we don't have a timeframe on when the networks will be merged and update

Many Thanks,
Kim
19.12.2014 13:39 #8
Just ordered the broadband device,going to try the pay as you go broadband,do I get a card for topping up at my local Payzone store?
22.12.2014 10:18 #9
Originally posted by Kerrydude1981
Just ordered the broadband device,going to try the pay as you go broadband,do I get a card for topping up at my local Payzone store?

Hi Kerrydude1981

Yes you can purchase a top up voucher at normal outlets (paypoint/payzone) or you can top up through your online account on tescomobile.ie

Once you've topped up by €15,00 you can choose between a 30 day or 90 day broadband bundle

Thanks,
Kim
29.12.2014 17:07 #10
Hi

How can I find out what mbs download/upload speeds are possible from this mobile broadband in my home location?

Thank you
30.12.2014 12:00 #11
Originally posted by Mr Moxie
Hi

How can I find out what mbs download/upload speeds are possible from this mobile broadband in my home location?

Thank you

Hi Mr Moxie,

We work off the O2 network, you'll find a link to their coverage checker here

It doesn't detail the speeds but it gives an indicator as to the expected level of coverage in your area

You'll find more information on our broadband service and speeds here

Many thanks,
Kim
31.12.2014 16:57 #12
Hi,

Do you offer the data sim in a nano size?  The website seems to only mention nano sims for the phones
I'd like to use it in a kindle fire.
31.12.2014 18:17 #13
Originally posted by ArrBee
Hi,

Do you offer the data sim in a nano size?  The website seems to only mention nano sims for the phones

Hi ArrBee,

We don't at the moment, but you can order the data sim and also a free nano sim and once you have both contact us with the details to transfer the data account to the nano sim for you :)
01.01.2015 21:17 #14
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Krystal
Hi,

Hi ArrBee,

We don't at the moment, but you can order the data sim and also a free nano sim and once you have both contact us with the details to transfer the data account to the nano sim for you :)

Thanks for the response.
I'll order both as you suggest.

Who should I contact when I have them?  send ye a message or call a number?
02.01.2015 09:44 #15
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Krystal
Hi,

Hi ArrBee,

Thanks for the response.
I'll order both as you suggest.

Who should I contact when I have them?  send ye a message or call a number?

Hi ArrBee,

You can send your info onto Tesco Mobile:Reps and we can update the sim for you there

Alternatively, you could contact us via our Live Chat service on tescomobile.ie or by calling 089 420 0000

Many thanks,
Kim
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image