N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 10am - 6pm

Toshiba Tecra R950 - 1EM

10.03.2014 10:20 #1
Considering the purchase of a Toshiba Tecra R950 - 1EM as one of my options and have some questions that I would appreciate help with:

The laptop comes with Windows 7 Pro. pre-installed - is it possible to purchase the media disc at time of purchase in case of having to re-install at some future date?

Additionally, I will be purchasing MS Office Home and Business - this is only available in medialess form - is it possible to purchase the media disc at time of purchase for this this product also?

Thank you.
10.03.2014 10:28 #2
We would not sell the media for the Windows on laptops. You can either create a restore disk when you receive the unit or you can contact Toshiba support if they are able to sell you one directly.

For Microsoft Office 2013 you can create a disk from the download that you get from Microsoft. Again disks are not longer something we provide but Microsoft might be able to sell you a disk at a cost.
10.03.2014 10:38 #3
Originally posted by Elara: Kin
We would not sell the media for the Windows on laptops. You can either create a restore disk when you receive the unit or you can contact Toshiba support if they are able to sell you one directly.

For Microsoft Office 2013 you can create a disk from the download that you get from Microsoft. Again disks are not longer something we provide but Microsoft might be able to sell you a disk at a cost.

Thank you Kin for your prompt response.  Does the restore disk that you refer to for Windows 7 enable me to do a complete Windows 7 re-install at a future date, should that become necessary?

Regarding Microsoft Office 2013 - presumably you would send a weblink and authorisation code to download the software?  Presumably, therefore, I would create a MS account and could download again from there, if required.  I am interested in a single-user licence which would transfer to another PC, should my PC become damaged etc. etc.
10.03.2014 10:47 #4
The OS system restore disk would restore the computer to the exact state from which you did the restore.

Yes you can download the Office install at any stage if you require it again.
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon