Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

SUSI Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm

Holiday earnings

09.03.2014 13:44 #1
Could you please clarify what SUSI's policy on holiday earnings is.  If, for example, I were to get a job for the summer months, do I need to notify SUSI of a change of circumstances when I renew my grant? 

I understand that an allowance of up to €3809 can be made for holiday earnings, but does this still need to be declared? As far as I can tell, a change of circumstances application only needs to be made if the change is likely to be permanent. 

I am well within the income limit for my current rate of grant, so any earnings would not result in a change in my eligibility regardless, and if possible, I would like to avoid having to be reassessed, as I faced significant delays when I was reassessed for this year's grant.
10.03.2014 10:16 #2
Verified representative
Hi DeeTee100,

Thanks for your message.

Originally posted by DeeTee100
Could you please clarify what SUSI's policy on holiday earnings is.  If, for example, I were to get a job for the summer months, do I need to notify SUSI of a change of circumstances when I renew my grant?

You would not need to notify SUSI about the income received from Holiday Earnings until the 2015/16 academic year as this will be based on 2014 income. Even though Holiday Earnings of €3809 can be disregarded, this will have to be declared on the 2015/16 application.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
Shane,
SUSI HelpDesk
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list