Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

The Currys PC World "Talk To" Forum Will be Closing.

17.07.2013 11:17 #1
Verified representative
We at Currys PC World have been delighted to have been involved with Boards.ie for the last 3 years. This has been a great way for us to interact with you, our loyal customers to tell us exactly what makes for a truly fantastic shopping experience. Your feedback has helped us to get a better understanding of what you want when you want, to make our stores an exciting place to be, and ensure we are always here if you have any queries or complaints.
It is with regret that we are closing this Boards.ie thread, however please be assured that we intend to stay connected with you. You can contact us directly at www.currys.ie/content/contact-us/986 where there are many ways to contact us.
For all online order queries or general queries, you can email us at: websales@currys.ie
For store opening hours, product or stock enquiries you can talk to a colleague in our Ireland & UK contact centre. Tel: 00353-1890-400-001
You can also chat directly with our social media team on Facebook@curryspcworldireland & Twitter on @curryspcworldie
17.07.2013 12:14 #2
The writing was on the wall for this to happen.
Better no forum than a forum that isn't maintained in a proper way.
Nothing against the effort from Sean and the webteam, but you certainly didn't preserve Declan's legacy when it comes to this forum.

PS The misspelt thread title just shows the lack of commitment to this forum
PC Wolrd

Edit: Also, you'd want to make this thread a sticky and tell people how any open issues will be addressed.
28 thanks
17.07.2013 20:00 #3
Customer service has gone down hill on-line and in stores since Declan "left".  It is easier to abandon the forum than let potential customers see the level of customer service they may get.
7 thanks
17.07.2013 20:07 #4
Love the contact number such a shambles!
10 thanks
17.07.2013 20:39 #5
remember the good old days when declan would respond to a query at 1130 on a sunday night? i even used to buy stuff in currys!
13 thanks
17.07.2013 20:47 #6
Goodnight sweet prince
2 thanks
17.07.2013 20:49 #7
Originally posted by Currys PC World: Sean
We at Currys PC World have been delighted to have been involved with Boards.ie for the last 3 years. This has been a great way for us to interact with you, our loyal customers to tell us exactly what makes for a truly fantastic shopping experience. Your feedback has helped us to get a better understanding of what you want when you want, to make our stores an exciting place to be, and ensure we are always here if you have any queries or complaints.
It is with regret that we are closing this Boards.ie thread, however please be assured that we intend to stay connected with you. You can contact us directly at www.currys.ie/content/contact-us/986 where there are many ways to contact us.
For all online order queries or general queries, you can email us at: websales@currys.ie
For store opening hours, product or stock enquiries you can talk to a colleague in our Ireland & UK contact centre. Tel: 00353-1890-400-001
You can also chat directly with our social media team on Facebook@curryspcworldireland & Twitter on @curryspcworldie

Thanks.

...but no thanks. ;)
5 thanks
17.07.2013 21:18 #8
Goodnight and goodluck.
17.07.2013 21:20 #9
This was all too predictable. I would imagine that once Declan left the folks in Currys HQ felt that boards was not a revenue generator and only a source of complaints. 

So, the forum has gone from being a model on how a company can interact on boards to nothing.

A real shame.
6 thanks
17.07.2013 22:36 #10
this went down hill so rapidly after Declan left. he wanted to do great things and actually give the customer the chance to make a difference. I guess they got scared (or lazy).

hmm is this the first public sign of pulling out of the country?
2 thanks
18.07.2013 09:23 #11
"hmm is this the first public sign of pulling out of the country? "

hopefully
18.07.2013 14:45 #12
Originally posted by jomoloney

hopefully

hopefully not, there will be many consequences if they do.
1 thank
19.07.2013 21:51 #13
Still a link to this forum from the bottom of the Curry's home page.

The webmaster mustn't be on here :)

Good PR when a customer clicks on the link on the home page and is taken to this thread :)

Can't wait to see what Declan gets involved with now his garden leave is coming to an end.
20.07.2013 01:37 #14
Originally posted by jomoloney

hopefully

What a narrow minded, pretty, spiteful and nasty post!

But I do agree with everyone else in this thread. A good opportunity wasted.
5 thanks
22.07.2013 15:02 #15
I know that when Declan got involved withthis, he actually managed to do what I personally though was impossible. He single-handedly changed peoples perceptions of Currys / PC word. For the first time I, and a lot of other people, considered Currys / PC World as a viable place to spend, as opposed to a corporate sh!tehole full of people who knew nothing. On one occasion last year, after direct input from Declan,  I went in and spent almost a couple of grand that had been earmarked for other retailers. But much more than that, when non technical friends and neighbours went to me for recommendations I started sending them to Currys / PC World

When Declan left, it was quite obvious, quitequickly that Declan appeared to be the only one who understood the value of a good online presence, and the inherent value of a well maintained online presence. Watching this place turn into a cluster&*ck in such a short period of time has been sad and amusing at the same time.
I guess snr management can't measure the intrinsicvalue that Declan brought back to the brand, and if they can't measure it then they pretend it doesn't exist. I’m sure someone is Currys / PC world is thinking that the resource expenditure on this would get a better return by selling protection cover to the great unwashed in the stores......I hope they find intelligent management before it's too late for all...

Having said that, if they can't understand andfix it,  there are right to close this down, displaying such ineptitude in such a public forum is of no use to anyone..
26 thanks
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon