Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

7 hrs
Response Time
94%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Tesco Mobile - Frequently Asked Questions

28.05.2015 23:21 #61
Registered User
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Kim
Originally posted by markl12000
If ye work off the three network does that mean that ye have the same network capabilities as three... ie data coverage and speed

Not just yet as the works to integrate the old O2 network into 3 have not yet completed.

Thanks,
Kim

Hi Kim,
just to follow up on that does it mean when the O2 network is integrated into three fully that ye will be basically be piggybacking the three network just like ye were with the O2 network giving Tesco mobile customers the same capailities of the three network
29.05.2015 09:12 #62
Originally posted by markl12000
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Kim
Originally posted by markl12000
If ye work off the three network does that mean that ye have the same network capabilities as three... ie data coverage and speed

Not just yet as the works to integrate the old O2 network into 3 have not yet completed.

Thanks,
Kim

Hi Kim,
just to follow up on that does it mean when the O2 network is integrated into three fully that ye will be basically be piggybacking the three network just like ye were with the O2 network giving Tesco mobile customers the same capailities of the three network

It does indeed.

Thanks,
Kim
30.05.2015 15:04 #63
hello tesco broadband,  

i'm trying to setup an ipcamera using tesco mobile broadband,  without success,

The broadband is working good, surfing the net, getting 5mbps speed,

i had the ipcamera working with other broadband providers, so no issue there,

i have noticed with tesco broadband, you have to wanip address, one within the modem router,
which is :10.15.6.112

another one when you go to myipaddress.com,  which is :217.114.169.254,

not sure if this is normal or not, or if it is causing the ipcamera to not connect,

possibly the ipcamera cannot get pasted the second wanip, as it only sees the first one?

i have the ipcamera setup using its own ddsn service, portforwarded, an all, usual works fine with other broadband providers,

thank you 
16.07.2015 15:54 #64
Originally posted by Them Thar Hills
hello tesco broadband,  

i'm trying to setup an ipcamera using tesco mobile broadband,  without success,

The broadband is working good, surfing the net, getting 5mbps speed,

i had the ipcamera working with other broadband providers, so no issue there,

i have noticed with tesco broadband, you have to wanip address, one within the modem router,
which is :10.15.6.112

another one when you go to myipaddress.com,  which is :217.114.169.254,

not sure if this is normal or not, or if it is causing the ipcamera to not connect,

possibly the ipcamera cannot get pasted the second wanip, as it only sees the first one?

i have the ipcamera setup using its own ddsn service, portforwarded, an all, usual works fine with other broadband providers,

thank you 

Hello Them Thar Hills

Very sorry for the delay on the reply. We are looking into this for you. I will be back in contact with you as soon as we know more.


16.07.2015 15:57 #65
Originally posted by Them Thar Hills
hello tesco broadband,  

i'm trying to setup an ipcamera using tesco mobile broadband,  without success,

The broadband is working good, surfing the net, getting 5mbps speed,

i had the ipcamera working with other broadband providers, so no issue there,

i have noticed with tesco broadband, you have to wanip address, one within the modem router,
which is :10.15.6.112

another one when you go to myipaddress.com,  which is :217.114.169.254,

not sure if this is normal or not, or if it is causing the ipcamera to not connect,

possibly the ipcamera cannot get pasted the second wanip, as it only sees the first one?

i have the ipcamera setup using its own ddsn service, portforwarded, an all, usual works fine with other broadband providers,

thank you 

I can answer this one for you. :)

Tesco are issuing you with a private (non-routeable) IP address, which is the 10.15.6.112 address. This is being translated by Tesco's internal network to the 217.114 IP. This is carrier grade NAT and is done by the ISP to save IP addresses. Unfortunately this means that unless you can get a public IP from Tesco (which I'd find unlikely) then you won't be able to access your camera.
1 thank
22.07.2015 11:57 #66
Hi karsini

Thanks for answering that, some good advise given.

Regards,
Thomas
21.10.2015 13:44 #67
Is the Ireland "My Tesco Mobile App" available on Windows app store.
21.10.2015 14:46 #68
Originally posted by geoweb2k14
Is the Ireland "My Tesco Mobile App" available on Windows app store.

Hi Geoweb2k14

I am afraid it can not be downloaded on windows. You can go on to the Tesco site through your browser and log into my Tesco mobile normally.

Thanks,
Thomas
03.11.2015 11:52 #69
Registered User
Hi there, 
I'm thinking of switching from meteor over to tesco mobile. Do you have things such as webtexts once you switch over and register with ye? 
03.11.2015 12:57 #70
Originally posted by Bahanaman
Hi there, 
I'm thinking of switching from meteor over to tesco mobile. Do you have things such as webtexts once you switch over and register with ye? 

Hi Bahanaman

If you are bill pay every month you will get 250 web texts, 50 of which can be used  as international. Also if you are prey pay you will get the same added to your account each calender month as long as you have topped up by Ten Euro or more in the previous month.

Thanks
Thomas
1 thank
20.08.2016 13:56 #71
Is it possible to buy a tesco sim and change it to a number you want?
20.08.2016 14:14 #72
You can port a number you own already to a Tesco sim number. I came from Emobile to Tesvo and kept my Emobile number which was originally an O2 number. 

Not sure you can get a number that you don't own either on prepay or contract. 
1 thank
24.08.2016 12:57 #73
Verified representative
Originally posted by the evasion_kid
Is it possible to buy a tesco sim and change it to a number you want?

Hi the evasion_kid,

Yes, you would be able to move an existing mobile number onto this new SIM. If your existing mobile number is with another network, you would be able to move it to Tesco Mobile. Once you have a Tesco Mobile SIM card, you can register for a My Tesco Mobile account and use the "Move my number" section. It can take between 2-8 hours for the number to move over. All of these instructions can be seen here under "Move my number".

Thanks,
Luke
10.10.2016 09:50 #74
Hi
I've bought a Tesco SIM and want to switch my existing number to Tesco Mobile. I've registered on Tesco Moblie website but haven't received a password text since Saturday night. What can I do next?
Thank you.
10.10.2016 17:35 #75
Originally posted by cuteduck_
Hi
I've bought a Tesco SIM and want to switch my existing number to Tesco Mobile. I've registered on Tesco Moblie website but haven't received a password text since Saturday night. What can I do next?
Thank you.

Hi cuteduck,

If you are porting from a different network and you did the move my number process online then you should receive a verification message to the number. If you have not received this text please contact our Customer Care team on 1749 and they will complete the port for you.

Thanks,
Sarah
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video
Remove Formatting
View source
Please Log In or Sign Up to join the discussion