Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

7 hrs
Response Time
94%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Tesco Mobile - Frequently Asked Questions

29.12.2014 16:04 #46
Hi jluv,

Can you please PM your mobile number to Tesco Mobile: Reps and I will be able to assist.

Thanks,
Pat
Originally posted by jluv
Hi I need to top up my sons phone. Office is closed obviously as its 10pm on a Sat but when I went to my Tesco mobile on website its changed where you use your number wheras mine was a name so wont let me log in. Tried to reregister but it wont work. If anyone is on have you any suggestions. Thanks
14.01.2015 03:43 #47
Hello,

My daughter is in Dublin for a couple of months as an exchange student.   She recently purchased a 25 euro monthly plan and a SIM card and has been unable to get it to work in her Samsung S4 (verizon).    I've browsed the web reading just about everything i can find on how to set this up and we still cannot get it to work.   From what I have read it is possible to get the phone on the network but we're not able to come up with the proper way to do so.   Does Tesco have a store in Dublin that can work with her in person to help her set it up?

thanks for any help you can provide.
14.01.2015 14:55 #48
Hi Upriver,

There should be no issue using a Tesco Mobile sim card in the phone as long as the phone has been unlocked (from the previous network Verizon).

Your daughter will be able to get assistance in checking this in any of our Tesco Mobile phone shops.

We have phone shops in the following Tesco stores in Dublin :
Tesco Jervis Street
Tesco Dundrum
Tesco Ballbriggan
Tesco Tallaght
Tesco ClearWater
Tesco Clarehall

Please see our store locator for directions to these stores. We can also be contacted on 089 4200 000 or through web chat @ http://www.tescomobile.ie/

http://www.tesco.com/store-locator/ie/

Thanks,
Pat


Originally posted by Upriver
Hello,

My daughter is in Dublin for a couple of months as an exchange student.   She recently purchased a 25 euro monthly plan and a SIM card and has been unable to get it to work in her Samsung S4 (verizon).    I've browsed the web reading just about everything i can find on how to set this up and we still cannot get it to work.   From what I have read it is possible to get the phone on the network but we're not able to come up with the proper way to do so.   Does Tesco have a store in Dublin that can work with her in person to help her set it up?

thanks for any help you can provide.
08.04.2015 12:12 #49
Hi, I received my new phone today with sim but I have not yet received my activation code.  How long does it normally take to receive the activation code?
08.04.2015 13:46 #50
Originally posted by Frigga_92
Hi, I received my new phone today with sim but I have not yet received my activation code.  How long does it normally take to receive the activation code?

Hi Frigga_92,

Can you PM your mobile number to Tesco Mobile: Reps please ?

Thanks,
Pat
08.04.2015 14:36 #51
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Pat
Originally posted by Frigga_92
Hi, I received my new phone today with sim but I have not yet received my activation code.  How long does it normally take to receive the activation code?

Hi Frigga_92,

Can you PM your mobile number to Tesco Mobile: Reps please ?

Thanks,
Pat

Done.
08.04.2015 15:59 #52
Originally posted by Frigga_92
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Pat
Originally posted by Frigga_92
Hi, I received my new phone today with sim but I have not yet received my activation code.  How long does it normally take to receive the activation code?

Hi Frigga_92,

Can you PM your mobile number to Tesco Mobile: Reps please ?

Thanks,
Pat

Done.

I have replied to your PM now.

Thanks,
Pat
1 thank
15.05.2015 14:48 #53
You web site is telling me to  Go to Settings -> Wireless&Networks -> Mobile Networks and turn on Packet Data


I have done all other setting but can't find Packet Data can you help please


Brendan
16.05.2015 23:59 #54
Hi There,

I am considering changing from Three mobile to Tesco but I just have a few questions I was wondering if you could answer. 

I am currently experiencing roaming issues on Three. My phone is pretty much constantly roaming at the moment on the Three network which is frustrating. I believe this due to a mixture of having a pretty old phone (Galaxy S3) and also Three's integration of 02 into their network and also upgrading their network to 4G capabilities. I am just wondering since Tesco piggbacked off the 02 network which is Three, are these issues prevalent at the moment and if so, when is the due date for network updates to be finished? The reason I ask is that Tesco charges for roaming and I was wondering would this affect me while trying to use the phone locally and still experiencing these roaming issues?

I also wanted to check the update schedule on Bill Pay. I have never been a billpay customer before, but I am interested in purchasing the Galaxy S6  for 24 months at €30 a month. I was wondering what is the upgrade process when the 24 months  is up? Do Tesco ring to offer the latest handset at a similar rate or how does that process work?

And finally I wanted to enquire about adding caps to a plan like this. I know that this plan offers 500 mins for texts and calls and 15GB of data. Is it possible to cap this in order not to incur extra charges or is that a software/pjone implementation built into phones?

Sorry for all the questions and I look forwards to your replies,

Rory.
17.05.2015 14:25 #55
Originally posted by Roche_zero
You web site is telling me to  Go to Settings -> Wireless&Networks -> Mobile Networks and turn on Packet Data


I have done all other setting but can't find Packet Data can you help please


Brendan

It's ok I gor sorted
1 thank
19.05.2015 14:33 #56
Originally posted by roryjmaher
Hi There,

I am considering changing from Three mobile to Tesco but I just have a few questions I was wondering if you could answer. 

I am currently experiencing roaming issues on Three. My phone is pretty much constantly roaming at the moment on the Three network which is frustrating. I believe this due to a mixture of having a pretty old phone (Galaxy S3) and also Three's integration of 02 into their network and also upgrading their network to 4G capabilities. I am just wondering since Tesco piggbacked off the 02 network which is Three, are these issues prevalent at the moment and if so, when is the due date for network updates to be finished? The reason I ask is that Tesco charges for roaming and I was wondering would this affect me while trying to use the phone locally and still experiencing these roaming issues?

I also wanted to check the update schedule on Bill Pay. I have never been a billpay customer before, but I am interested in purchasing the Galaxy S6  for 24 months at €30 a month. I was wondering what is the upgrade process when the 24 months  is up? Do Tesco ring to offer the latest handset at a similar rate or how does that process work?

And finally I wanted to enquire about adding caps to a plan like this. I know that this plan offers 500 mins for texts and calls and 15GB of data. Is it possible to cap this in order not to incur extra charges or is that a software/pjone implementation built into phones?

Sorry for all the questions and I look forwards to your replies,

Rory.

Hi roryjmaher

Tesco Mobile do roam off the Three network but you will not incur any roaming charges for any calls/texts/data usage in the Rep. Of Ireland. If you go to your settings on your handset and select Network Operators, your phone will search networks, select Tesco Mobile and this will remove the reminders that you are roaming.

When it comes to your upgrade, you will need to contact us in the last month of your contract if you are interested in an upgrade. If you don't contact us your current plan will carry on but on a 30 day rollover contract, you will not be tied into another 24 month contract without your permission.

We don't offer a cap on the plan itself but we do have a €50 credit limit. You are sent a text when you reach 80% of your credit limit and another text when you reach 100% of your credit limit, a bar is also placed on your account when you reach 100% of your credit limit. This will help to prevent you from running a high bill and receiving a bill shock!

I do hope I have answered all questions satisfactorily.

Thanks
Mairéad
1 thank
23.05.2015 13:51 #57
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Mairead
Hi roryjmaher

Tesco Mobile do roam off the Three network but you will not incur any roaming charges for any calls/texts/data usage in the Rep. Of Ireland. If you go to your settings on your handset and select Network Operators, your phone will search networks, select Tesco Mobile and this will remove the reminders that you are roaming.

When it comes to your upgrade, you will need to contact us in the last month of your contract if you are interested in an upgrade. If you don't contact us your current plan will carry on but on a 30 day rollover contract, you will not be tied into another 24 month contract without your permission.

We don't offer a cap on the plan itself but we do have a €50 credit limit. You are sent a text when you reach 80% of your credit limit and another text when you reach 100% of your credit limit, a bar is also placed on your account when you reach 100% of your credit limit. This will help to prevent you from running a high bill and receiving a bill shock!

I do hope I have answered all questions satisfactorily.

Thanks
Mairéad


Yep that's great, thanks for your help!
1 thank
26.05.2015 09:44 #58
Originally posted by Roche_zero
You web site is telling me to  Go to Settings -> Wireless&Networks -> Mobile Networks and turn on Packet Data


I have done all other setting but can't find Packet Data can you help please


Brendan

Hi Brendan,

Apologies that no-one has gotten back to you on this sooner.

Packet data can also be called mobile network/mobile data/cellular

Many thanks,
Kim
27.05.2015 22:40 #59
Registered User
If ye work off the three network does that mean that ye have the same network capabilities as three... ie data coverage and speed
28.05.2015 09:32 #60
Originally posted by markl12000
If ye work off the three network does that mean that ye have the same network capabilities as three... ie data coverage and speed

Not just yet as the works to integrate the old O2 network into 3 have not yet completed.

Thanks,
Kim
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video
Remove Formatting
View source
Please Log In or Sign Up to join the discussion