Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

9 hrs
Response Time
91%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Tesco Mobile - Frequently Asked Questions

20.10.2014 11:22 #31
hi i have a tesco mobile lumia 520 on bill pay but cannot send texts or picture messages can you help me
20.10.2014 14:38 #32
Originally posted by lapua20grain
hi i have a tesco mobile lumia 520 on bill pay but cannot send texts or picture messages can you help me

Hi lapua20grain,

Could you send text and picture messages with your Tesco Mobile sim OK until recently? If so will you please send a PM to the Reps Account here with your details so I can check your account please?
15.11.2014 17:25 #33
Hello. Thinking of switching to Tesco Mobile from Three. What are the date mobile rates for the sim only 30-day contract please?
17.11.2014 18:03 #34
Hi 7upfree,

We have 3 different sim only contracts at the moment which you can find here: 

http://www.tescomobile...y-monthly-plans.aspx

Our mobile rates on all plans are 25cent p/min to make a call, 13cent to send a text & data is charged at 2cent p/mb. You can also see what is included in each plan by following that link :)

Thanks,
Sophie
24.11.2014 23:32 #35
Happy with everything Teaco Mobile however I bought Samsung Trends for 99 euro full price and now want to buy one for a gift and it says 74.99 half price?
26.11.2014 14:25 #36
Originally posted by jluv
Happy with everything Teaco Mobile however I bought Samsung Trends for 99 euro full price and now want to buy one for a gift and it says 74.99 half price?

Hi jluv,

The Samsung Trend's original selling price was €149,99 but we previously had this on sale @ €99,99
Thanks,
Kim
01.12.2014 23:18 #37
Hi,

I'm thinking about changing to tesco mobile from o2, and just wondering are there any extra charges incurred on the tesco network?

E.g. is there a charge for calling voicemail?

Thanks!
02.12.2014 15:28 #38
Originally posted by suefox
Hi,

I'm thinking about changing to tesco mobile from o2, and just wondering are there any extra charges incurred on the tesco network?

Thanks!

Hi suefox,

There's no cost involved in moving the number over, as you can order your new Tesco Mobile SIM free from our website here

The cost of voicemail is normally 25c/minute but if you're using our Unlimited Talk plan (where you top up with 15 euro in one go to start 30 days of free calls to all standard Irish mobile and landline numbers) then any voicemail calls are covered under this. The same thing if you're joining us on bill pay, the voicemail calls are covered by your plan minutes :)

If you're going to keep using your old phone will you just be sure to get it unlocked by O2 first, otherwise your new Tesco Mobile sim may not work in it.
02.12.2014 18:39 #39
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Krystal
Originally posted by suefox
Hi,

Thanks!

Hi suefox,

There's no cost involved in moving the number over, as you can order your new Tesco Mobile SIM free from our website
The cost of voicemail is normally 25c/minute but if you're using our Unlimited Talk plan (where you top up with 15 euro in one go to start 30 days of free calls to all standard Irish mobile and landline numbers) then any voicemail calls are covered under this. The same thing if you're joining us on bill pay, the voicemail calls are covered by your plan minutes :)

If you're going to keep using your old phone will you just be sure to get it unlocked by O2 first, otherwise your new Tesco Mobile sim may not work in it.

Hi Krystal,

Thanks for that. I should be more clear, I am thinking of getting the samsung galaxy s5 on bill pay and moving from o2 to tesco. On the 30euro a month for 24 plan, are there any extra charges, e.g. voicemail, changing over number, webtexts, etc etc?

Thanks!
03.12.2014 16:00 #40
Hi suefox,

On billpay the only extra charges would be for premium rate numbers (1890,1850,11811 etc), international calls, bundles or picture messages(20cent per mms). 

Voicemail, switching your number & webtext are free :)

You are given 250 free webtexts (200 national & 50 international) if you go over this allowance you will be charged the standard rate for them.

Thanks,
Sophie
05.12.2014 09:46 #41
I am new to Tesco Mobile and I am in the middle of switching my number. When the number has been ported how do I log on to the Tesco Mobile website again? Do I use my ported number and the same password that was used to log on with the Tesco number or do I need to create a new account for the ported number?
05.12.2014 10:11 #42
Originally posted by run_Forrest_run
I am new to Tesco Mobile and I am in the middle of switching my number. When the number has been ported how do I log on to the Tesco Mobile website again? Do I use my ported number and the same password that was used to log on with the Tesco number or do I need to create a new account for the ported number?

Hi run_Forrest_run,

You can simply log in using your ported number. If for some reason you do see an error you can re-register the ported number, but you'll only be asked for your mothers maiden name, not the full form this time :)
05.12.2014 10:23 #43

Hi run_Forrest_run,

You can simply log in using your ported number. If for some reason you do see an error you can re-register the ported number, but you'll only be asked for your mothers maiden name, not the full form this time :)

just got the confirmation text from Tesco Mobile, I was a bit too eager/impatient :D
1 thank
15.12.2014 13:57 #44

Hi run_Forrest_run,

just got the confirmation text from Tesco Mobile, I was a bit too eager/impatient :D

OK, Glad you hear you got sorted

Many Thanks,
Kim
27.12.2014 22:00 #45
Hi I need to top up my sons phone. Office is closed obviously as its 10pm on a Sat but when I went to my Tesco mobile on website its changed where you use your number wheras mine was a name so wont let me log in. Tried to reregister but it wont work. If anyone is on have you any suggestions. Thanks
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video