Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

9 hrs
Response Time
91%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Tesco Mobile - Frequently Asked Questions

21.08.2014 14:03 #16
I am looking to change from Meteor to Tesco Mobile.  I have bought a SIM switchign pack and was just wondering what is my next step?  I want to keep my old number.
22.08.2014 14:18 #17
Originally posted by Bostitch12
I am looking to change from Meteor to Tesco Mobile.  I have bought a SIM switchign pack and was just wondering what is my next step?  I want to keep my old number.

Hi Bostitch,

Once you activate your new sim card and register your 089 number online, you can log in and complete the 'move my number' section

As part of the porting process, we will send a text to your meteor number so that we can validate it 

Once the port is submitted, the move should complete within 2 hours

Our porting hours are 8am-6pm Monday - Friday and 10am-4pm on weekends and bank holidays

Regards
Kim
1 thank
28.08.2014 10:06 #18
Do Tesco still give a free sim card when you top-up instore?
I can't see it advertised anywhere.
30.08.2014 11:36 #19
Originally posted by snubbleste
Do Tesco still give a free sim card when you top-up instore?
I can't see it advertised anywhere.

Yes they do.
09.09.2014 15:32 #20
i just got a phone call from a private number, she said she was tesco and was offering me the new 25euro a month plan. she sent me a text afterwards to confirm who she was and her name was Marie.
Shes ringin me back tomorrow to talk about the deal as im in work.

Are tesco actually ringing people like this or is someone scamming? i wont give my card details over the phone.

Ta!
09.09.2014 16:14 #21
Hi maameeo,

We have launched a switch and save team that are contacting our customers so that would have been them ringing you, we also dial from a private number. It is not a scam :)

Regards,
Sophie
10.09.2014 10:36 #22
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Sophie
Hi maameeo,

We have launched a switch and save team that are contacting our customers so that would have been them ringing you, we also dial from a private number. It is not a scam :)

Regards,
Sophie

Why ring from a private number? I will not answer private numbers and I'm sure there are many like me, too many scams. Surely it's nor beyond the technological capabilities of Tesco Mobile to have a dedicated number(s)
10.09.2014 17:07 #23
Hi Marhay70,

I will pass on your feedback to the relevant people.

Regards,
Pat.
Originally posted by Marhay70
Hi maameeo,

Regards,
Sophie

Why ring from a private number? I will not answer private numbers and I'm sure there are many like me, too many scams. Surely it's nor beyond the technological capabilities of Tesco Mobile to have a dedicated number(s)
12.09.2014 08:39 #24
I don't know if I'm in the right place but recently moved to Tesco and have a 1 GB add on €15 PAYG.

When I go to the UK and go on roaming will this add on be used?
12.09.2014 09:11 #25
Originally posted by baldbear
I don't know if I'm in the right place but recently moved to Tesco and have a 1 GB add on €15 PAYG.

When I go to the UK and go on roaming will this add  on be used?

Hi baldbear,

The data add-ons will only work within ROI, while roaming in UK data will be charged at the roaming rate of 25c/MB (unless you're in areas with free wifi)
1 thank
01.10.2014 11:04 #26
Hi.

My daughter is already on Tesco Mobile. Her new phone has a nano sim so she can't use her existing sim.

How can she keep her existing Tesco mobile number when switching to the new phone, please?
01.10.2014 11:31 #27
Hi Measure Twice,

If you get your daughter to contact customer care we can do a SIM change and swap her old number on to the nano SIM :)

All of her credit & any bundles will also carry over to the nano SIM.

Regards,
Sophie
01.10.2014 13:13 #28
Hi Measure Twice,

If you get your daughter to contact customer care we can do a SIM change and swap her old number on to the nano SIM :)

All of her credit & any bundles will also carry over to the nano SIM.

Regards,
Sophie

Thanks a million, Sophie. Happy days are here to stay ... :)
1 thank
12.10.2014 20:22 #29
Hi,

Myself and my Family are thinking of switching to Tesco Mobile, I've seen the UK Tesco ad's about 4G and was wondering if this is the same here in Ireland?

thanks

Alan
20.10.2014 09:32 #30
Originally posted by Irish_Al_2014
Hi,

Myself and my Family are thinking of switching to Tesco Mobile, I've seen the UK Tesco ad's about 4G and was wondering if this is the same here in Ireland?

thanks

Alan

Hi Alan,

4G hasn't been rolled out for Tesco Mobile Ireland just yet. The Three/O2 physical network is undergoing extensive upgrades and once all 4G upgrades are complete it will be introduced for Tesco Mobile Ireland customers thereafter.

Regards,
Krystal
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image