Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Tesco Mobile - Frequently Asked Questions

16.12.2018 23:51 #196
Registered User
Hi
Are tescos prepay phones locked to tesco network when purchased or can you use a sim from another network?
18.12.2018 12:42 #197
Hi Gobo99,

Yes, all of the prepay phones would come locked to the Tesco Mobile network.

You would be able to get the phone unlocked after having it for 9 months OR by topping-up the phone by €150. This information can be seen on our website here - LINK.

Thanks,
Luke
19.12.2018 06:41 #198
Registered User
Hi there, I am on a Tesco mobile sim only plan but my phone is giving trouble. Can I purchase a Tesco mobile prepay phone and use it straight away with my current sim?
20.12.2018 15:02 #199
Hi patsyrockem,

Yep, certainly. You'll be able to use your existing Tesco Mobile SIM card in a new Prepay phone, no problem.

If you'd like to speak to a member of our Sales Team to discuss the phones, you can call 0894941000. This service is free to call and is available from 9:30am-6pm on weekdays.

Cheers,
Luke
1 thank
20.12.2018 21:49 #200
Not your ornery onager
New SIM might need to be a different size though.
21.12.2018 15:50 #201
Originally posted by patsyrockem
Hi there, I am on a Tesco mobile sim only plan but my phone is giving trouble. Can I purchase a Tesco mobile prepay phone and use it straight away with my current sim?


Originally posted by Esel
New SIM might need to be a different size though.

Hi Esel,

Good point! You can get a Tesco Mobile Trio SIM in all Tesco supermarkets or Tesco Mobile phone shops which suit all sizes in case you need to get a new SIM.

Thanks,
Luke
05.02.2019 20:34 #202
I have just topped up by 15 Euros and had an error message, at the same time I got a text to say my topup was successful, the money has left my account but my account is still zero. Can you help please help
06.02.2019 08:40 #203
Hi invpat,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Yes, we can certainly check your account for you. First, can you please send us a PM with your name, mobile number, address and mothers maiden name?

Btw, you can also get in touch by calling us on 1749 or using the Chat Now service which is available on the website.

Thanks,
Luke
06.07.2019 08:49 #204
Trying to configure my iPhone for mms, is there a specific username & password to enter? I’ve gone to the Send Settings and got the link to the tweaked site. I’ve entered the details as listed for the mms settings but it’s still not working.
10.07.2019 10:35 #205
Dear Chanandler,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

We can certainly look into this for you. First, can you please send us a PM with your name, mobile number, address and mothers maiden name?

Btw, you can also get in touch by calling us on 1749 or using the Chat Now service which is available on the website.

Thanks,
 Ion
11.07.2019 19:18 #206
Hi if I wanted to move from bill over to pay as you go, then how do I do this please?
25.07.2019 16:29 #207

Hi Davitt groarke,


Thanks for getting in touch! I do apologise for the delay in a response. If you're looking to move to prepay, please send us a PM here and we'll certainly check this for you.

Just to let you know, if you need an instant reply, you can also contact us through the service "Chat Now" from our website, where you can speak live with an agent.


Many Thanks,
Caitlin
02.08.2019 19:32 #208
Hi, my girlfriend has recently changed over from vodafone to a tesco sim only plan. Her phone is old and wasn't working correctly but she didn't want to sign up for a 24 month contract and get a new phone until she knew coverage was good at her house. We were assured at the time by the store representative that we could change over to bill at any stage. 2 months in coverage is great but her phone is not. We went in today to sign her up and get a phone and now apparently she is tied to her sim only contract for 12 months and cant change to a bill unless we buy out her contract which is €180. So tesco are charging us to leave tesco in order to rejoin them again. I feel this is ridiculous and completely unfair. We were told completely wrong info in the store.
02.08.2019 19:58 #209
Hi Bear83,

Thanks for getting in touch! I'm sorry to hear about this. Please get the account holder to send us a PM here and we'll certainly check this for you!

Just to let you know, if you need an instant reply, you can also contact us through the service "Chat Now" from our website, where you can speak live with an agent.


Thanks,
Caitlin
1 thank
18.08.2019 02:12 #210
Registered User
Originally posted by Bear83
Hi, my girlfriend has recently changed over from vodafone to a tesco sim only plan. Her phone is old and wasn't working correctly but she didn't want to sign up for a 24 month contract and get a new phone until she knew coverage was good at her house. We were assured at the time by the store representative that we could change over to bill at any stage. 2 months in coverage is great but her phone is not. We went in today to sign her up and get a phone and now apparently she is tied to her sim only contract for 12 months and cant change to a bill unless we buy out her contract which is €180. So tesco are charging us to leave tesco in order to rejoin them again. I feel this is ridiculous and completely unfair. We were told completely wrong info in the store.

Unfortunately most of the people in store haven’t a clue about mobile phones, plans, network and anything else. They are totally clueless, you’d be just as well asking the butcher in Tesco’s as they would know as much as the people in the phone shop.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video
Remove Formatting
View source
Please Log In or Sign Up to join the discussion