Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

9 hrs
Response Time
96%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Tesco Mobile - Frequently Asked Questions

16.12.2018 23:51 #196
Hi
Are tescos prepay phones locked to tesco network when purchased or can you use a sim from another network?
18.12.2018 12:42 #197
Verified representative
Hi Gobo99,

Yes, all of the prepay phones would come locked to the Tesco Mobile network.

You would be able to get the phone unlocked after having it for 9 months OR by topping-up the phone by €150. This information can be seen on our website here - LINK.

Thanks,
Luke
19.12.2018 06:41 #198
Hi there, I am on a Tesco mobile sim only plan but my phone is giving trouble. Can I purchase a Tesco mobile prepay phone and use it straight away with my current sim?
20.12.2018 15:02 #199
Verified representative
Hi patsyrockem,

Yep, certainly. You'll be able to use your existing Tesco Mobile SIM card in a new Prepay phone, no problem.

If you'd like to speak to a member of our Sales Team to discuss the phones, you can call 0894941000. This service is free to call and is available from 9:30am-6pm on weekdays.

Cheers,
Luke
1 thank
20.12.2018 21:49 #200
Not your ornery onager
New SIM might need to be a different size though.
21.12.2018 15:50 #201
Verified representative
Originally posted by patsyrockem
Hi there, I am on a Tesco mobile sim only plan but my phone is giving trouble. Can I purchase a Tesco mobile prepay phone and use it straight away with my current sim?

Originally posted by Esel
New SIM might need to be a different size though.

Hi Esel,

Good point! You can get a Tesco Mobile Trio SIM in all Tesco supermarkets or Tesco Mobile phone shops which suit all sizes in case you need to get a new SIM.

Thanks,
Luke
05.02.2019 20:34 #202
I have just topped up by 15 Euros and had an error message, at the same time I got a text to say my topup was successful, the money has left my account but my account is still zero. Can you help please help
06.02.2019 08:40 #203
Verified representative
Hi invpat,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Yes, we can certainly check your account for you. First, can you please send us a PM with your name, mobile number, address and mothers maiden name?

Btw, you can also get in touch by calling us on 1749 or using the Chat Now service which is available on the website.

Thanks,
Luke
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image