Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

23 hrs
Response Time
93%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Tesco Mobile - Frequently Asked Questions

29.05.2013 12:59 #1
How To Order – Website, Stores, Phone

It’s easy to order with Tesco Mobile as you can order via our website, in store and over the phone.

Website – Click the link to go to our online store. http://shop.tescomobile.ie/shop.aspx

In Store – There are currently Tesco Mobile stores in Balbriggan Tesco Extra, Naas Tesco Extra & Portlaoise Shopping Center. There may be pop up stores in other areas so get in touch with us to find out where they are.

Telesales – Call our telesales line on 1800 800 089

When You Receive Your Order

When you receive your sim card pop it into your phone switch it on and go to www.tescomobile.ie and register your sim card.

If you are a Prepay customer you will need to top up via our website or use a voucher before you can make calls.

If you are moving onto Pay Monthly you will be sent an activation code in the post. To activate your account you will need to log into your Tesco Mobile account and then click “My Account”, after this click “Pay Monthly Activation Code”. Once your code is entered it will activate your account within 30 minutes.

How To Move (Port) Your Number From Another Network

Log in to your Tesco Mobile account. If you are not already registered you will need to register first. Once logged in click on “My Account” & then click “Move My Number”. To verify the number that you want to move a verification code will be sent to the number that you want to keep.

It is important to have your contacts backed up before moving your number & call credit will not transfer so ensure that its used before moving your number.

Phone Settings

If you are using a phone not purchased from Tesco Mobile Ireland you will need to install data and MMS settings.

All of these settings are available on our website by clicking the link below.

Data roaming and packet data also need to be enabled as we share O2’s coverage and some phones pick this up as roaming.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/helpandsupport/phone-settings.aspx

International Call Rates

International call rates start at just 1c per minute. 

There are no hidden charges, no messy access codes and no sneaky connection fees, so keep in touch with your family and friends for less with Tesco Mobile. A full list of our international call charges can be found by clicking the link

http://www.tescomobile.ie/international-rates.aspx

Roaming & Data Roaming

Full details of roaming can be found on our website here http://www.tescomobile.ie/using-your-mobile-abroad.aspx

Data roaming is also now available and information on this can be found here http://www.tescomobile.ie/using-data-abroad.aspx

Premium & Lo-Call Number Charges

Charges for calls texts to premium and lo-call numbers are charged as extras on your bill each month or if you are a prepay customer they are always taken from your voucher credit. 

Details of these charges can be found here http://www.tescomobile.ie/other-call-charges.aspx
Last edited by Tesco Mobile: Tom: 29.05.2013 at 16:36.
2 thanks
30.05.2013 20:19 #2
I'm travelling to Dublin for two weeks and need to get two cheap phones for temporary prepay use.

What's the best way to get an account and phones? Should I try to do this before I arrive? Is there a kiosk in the airport? Are the only stores I can get a phone and set up an account at one of the three stores you mentioned? Balbriggan Tesco Extra, Naas Tesco Extra & Portlaoise Shopping Center 

Thank you
31.05.2013 11:05 #3
Originally posted by Hanso
I'm travelling to Dublin for two weeks and need to get two cheap phones for temporary prepay use.

What's the best way to get an account and phones? Should I try to do this before I arrive? Is there a kiosk in the airport? Are the only stores I can get a phone and set up an account at one of the three stores you mentioned? Balbriggan Tesco Extra, Naas Tesco Extra & Portlaoise Shopping Center 

Thank you

Tesco Mobile have a stand in Jervis shopping centre in Dublin who can sort you out
2 thanks
01.06.2013 18:23 #4
As above but if your existing phone is sim-free then just get a sim pack at almost any of Tesco's stores.
1 thank
05.11.2013 21:08 #5
The roaming page doesn't seem to state how much call/texts are when roaming, if I missed it can you point me toward it?
For example if I am roaming in the UK, what are the charges?
06.11.2013 11:42 #6
Originally posted by RandomAccess
The roaming page doesn't seem to state how much call/texts are when roaming, if I missed it can you point me toward it?
For example if I am roaming in the UK, what are the charges?

Hi RandomAccess

The page for roaming info is: http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/international/roamingrates.aspx.
All roaming charges are displayed there.
Calls are 29c per minute to make, 8c per minute to receive, texts are 9c to send and free to receive while in the UK.

Thanks
23.11.2013 13:39 #7
Why can't I buy a plan online to use with the SIM I got last week from Tesco? After I enter my person all details I get a message sayong the plan I want is not available?? Doesn't look like Tesaco wants me as a new customer.
25.11.2013 10:56 #8
Originally posted by joeirish
Why can't I buy a plan online to use with the SIM I got last week from Tesco? After I enter my person all details I get a message sayong the plan I want is not available?? Doesn't look like Tesaco wants me as a new customer.

Hi joeirish

What exactly was the error message you got online? If you could PM your mobile number to our Reps account I will look into this for you?

Thanks
04.01.2014 15:09 #9
Hi where is the nearest to Limerick tesco mobile store? Regards
1 thank
13.06.2014 12:44 #10
Don't see this anywhere else.
Bonus credit on Tesco Mobile, is the expiry date calculated from date of purchase or date of installation on your phone?
13.06.2014 13:05 #11
Originally posted by Marhay70
Don't see this anywhere else.
Bonus credit on Tesco Mobile, is the expiry date calculated from date of purchase or date of installation on your phone?

Hi

It's 30 days from date of top up.

Thanks
1 thank
16.07.2014 18:30 #12
How do i cancel a reoccurring data bundle ?

i have a reoccurring 1GB bundle, but want to change it to a 5GB bundle
17.07.2014 09:13 #13
Originally posted by mikeecho
How do i cancel a reoccurring data bundle ?

i have a reoccurring 1GB bundle, but want to change it to a 5GB bundle

Hi Mikeecho

You can opt out of a bundle by texting "OPTOUT DATA" to 1744.

This will stop the bundle from renewing and once the bundle has expired you will be able to add the 5GB bundle.

You can check the expiry date via your My Tesco Mobile account and also opt out of the bundle there.

More info can be seen here http://www.tescomobile...ceplans/add-ons.aspx
01.08.2014 12:10 #14
Hi, I ordered a phone online from Tesco mobile this week, which I received. I've changed my mind & want to return it - I haven't opened the box yet. Can I return it to a store (Dundrum) or even to the address it came from in Sandyford, as I live near there? Or do I have to return by post (& incur charges).

Thanks.
01.08.2014 12:20 #15
Originally posted by Lector
Hi, I ordered a phone online from Tesco mobile this week, which I received. I've changed my mind & want to return it - I haven't opened the box yet. Can I return it to a store (Dundrum) or even to the address it came from in Sandyford, as I live near there? Or do I have to return by post (& incur charges).

Thanks.

Hi Lector

Can you PM your order number and the IMEI number from the device please to our Tesco Mobile: Reps account and I'll help you with this.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video