Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

9 hrs
Response Time
67%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Tesco Mobile - Feedback and Suggestions

30.12.2015 13:16 #76
Originally posted by Escapees
Please fix the following:

1) Top ups cannot be completed using the Android mobile app if payment is with a Visa card that uses 'verified by visa' authentication. It just hangs after the verification password is entered, with a message "Loading. Please Wait."

2) Noticed the PayPal option at the bottom of the Topup options and went through the verification process but it does not appear as a payment option. If it's not possible to pay via PayPal, then why have an option to add it as a payment method?!

3) Since forever it has not been possible to send a text message more than one message long (160 characters) from the app and possibly also the website. But no warning appears to tell you this and the app doesn't show how many characters are in the current message being written. So one has to keep cutting down the message until it is less than 160 characters before it will eventually send!

These are pretty basic issues, but amazingly they are still present almost a year after I joined Tesco Mobile and started noticing them...

Hi Escapees,

A new version of the mobile app is currently being developed and tested at the moment. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I have sent this to head office to be reviewed for the new version.  Hopefully we can rectify the issues you have been having as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Gavin.
05.01.2016 16:53 #77
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Thomas
Originally posted by cerastes
At this point Im reluctant to stay with Tesco as Ive been trying to get a call back from Tesco as to why my account was cancelled, I was told they were working on xmas day, when I didnt want a call back, so why no call back still? this was organised a number of times going back to early december!
My credit ends on January the 20th and so will my custom, as tescomobile seems unwilling to respond, I'll make my enquiry with comreg and via data protection if only/not answered by the latest date possible.

Hi Cerastes,

Very sorry for any service your received which was not satisfactory. If you send us a PM  to our Reps page, with your name address , number and mothers maiden name we can look into your account and try resolve any issue you have. You will find our Reps page here.

Thanks
Thomas

Can you explain to how I followed your direction contact tesco reps and I have still not been contacted back, this is 4 times Ive arranged to be contacted and Tesco has still not explained why I was told on the phone I was a security risk and my account suspended without notice.
Why does it take a month and 4 attempts requesting to be contacted by tescomobile and still no effort on tescomobiles part to contact me and with the information as to why I was disconnected without warning????
Ive left tescomobile a reasonable amount of time to reply, Ive asked and no reply has been forthcoming,
Tesco has declined to answer how I should make a FOI request to them, ie to what address, also it looks like I dont have an option to find out why I was disconnected without being contacted first other than to make a freedom of information enquiry, and a this point to make a complaint with comreg.

So why have I not been contacted back as requested?
1 thank
06.01.2016 09:37 #78
Hi Cerastes

We have received your messages and we have replied. We have been told by our security and fraud team that we can not release the information of why you were suspended due to there own security protocol and for the safety of our own customers accounts. This is why we have not been able to provide you with why you were suspended.   

If you Deem this response to be not up to your satisfaction and you wish to request more on this we will need to switch to a more formal avenue so we can deal with this correctly. If you wish please E-mail your query / request with your name, address, number and mothers maiden name to Customercare@tescomobile.ie make sure you address the mail for the attention of the security / fraud team.

Thanks
Thomas
06.01.2016 10:06 #79
Hi Cerastes

We have received your messages and we have replied. We have been told by our security and fraud team that we can not release the information of why you were suspended due to there own security protocol and for the safety of our own customers accounts. This is why we have not been able to provide you with why you were suspended.   

If you Deem this response to be not up to your satisfaction and you wish to request more on this we will need to switch to a more formal avenue so we can deal with this correctly. If you wish please E-mail your query / request with your name, address, number and mothers maiden name to Customercare@tescomobile.ie make sure you address the mail for the attention of the security / fraud team.

Thanks
Thomas

I have received a reply, and I believe it has been resolved.
06.01.2016 12:29 #80
Hi Cerastes

Thanks
Thomas

Hi Cerastes,

That is great to hear, glad you are sorted.

Thanks
Thomas
04.05.2016 11:13 #81
Just reading the last few messages in this thread, so Tesco can basically cut someone off cite security and not offer any other insight? Is this correct?
3 thanks
04.05.2016 11:42 #82
Hi Cerastes

Thanks
Thomas

Hi Cerastes,

Thanks
Thomas

In follow up to all that, my issue was never resolved, at the time I received an apology and vouchers by way of apology.
After deciding which TM bill pay phone to get, I wnet instore and was declined, so whatever issue there was (or I should say whatever excuse there was) my account problem was never fixed, I rang back up to get a follow up so I could still go instore and set up a bill pay account.
But I was never replied to even though TM requested personal ID and address details which were sent (but were already provided previously).

No answer still even though Id made numerous attempts to resolve this by ringing TM. Didnt have the time to deal with in the last while but came across some threads which jogged my memory.

THE ISSUE WAS NEVER RESOLVED,
The only option left for me now is to make my complain elsewhere and port my number to another provider
Id been an advocate of TM, but it seems TM is trying to get rid of custom, for what reason I do not know.
04.05.2016 12:12 #83
Please find below my e-mail sent yesterday morning after two phone calls and no response.  I consider that I have cancelled my contract with you now as I cannot get a response and refus to be held to ransom for a bill I cannot see.

To whom it may concern,
I am e-mailing as a follow up to two phone calls I have made with
regards my services being discontinued as of April 28th 2016.  I rang
on April 27th and again this morning (May 3rd).

I have been inquioring as to restoring my services and checking my
bill and have been informed that I need to make a 25 euro payment to
restore services and this is something I am unwilling to do while I
cannot see my bill.

I have serious concerns about the size of my bill, cannot get someone
to show me what my bill is and have been without a phone sionce last
thursday.  I explained this but have got no satisfaction, instead
being asked "Why didnt I ring sooner" and as I explained I cannot
phone customer service if my services have been suspended.

Furthermore I have a terminally ill mother who is undegoing treatment
and I cannot contact her and arrange visittation, and collection of
her appointments.

I am absolutely outraged, and have never been over on a previous bill
with any company but I refuse to be held to ransom over a bill I
cannot see and cannot dispute.

Furthermore despite asking to speak to a manager about my claims this
right was refused to me and I was told nothing will be done until I
pay a minimum of 25euro.

I am e-mailing as a courtesy, something I have not been afforded, and
I will be today forwarded an official complaint to www.askcomreg.ie
and also to the RTE Consumer Complaints show.  I wish to cease my
contract with you immediately and despite being a previous car
insurance and grocery customer I will refuse to engage with the Tesco
brand going forward.
2 thanks
04.05.2016 16:33 #84
Hi Cerastes

Thanks
Thomas

Hi Cerastes,

Thanks
Thomas

In follow up to all that, my issue was never resolved, at the time I received an apology and vouchers by way of apology.
After deciding which TM bill pay phone to get, I wnet instore and was declined, so whatever issue there was (or I should say whatever excuse there was) my account problem was never fixed, I rang back up to get a follow up so I could still go instore and set up a bill pay account.
But I was never replied to even though TM requested personal ID and address details which were sent (but were already provided previously).

No answer still even though Id made numerous attempts to resolve this by ringing TM. Didnt have the time to deal with in the last while but came across some threads which jogged my memory.

THE ISSUE WAS NEVER RESOLVED,
The only option left for me now is to make my complain elsewhere and port my number to another provider
Id been an advocate of TM, but it seems TM is trying to get rid of custom, for what reason I do not know.

Hi Cerastes

I am sorry you have not been resolved on this issue. I will need to look into your account to discuss this further. Can you send me a PM with your name, address, number and mothers maiden name. Please sent this to our reps page here.

Thanks
Thomas
04.05.2016 19:11 #85
Cerastes, if you want to find out why you were a security risk, you may want to try an FOI. I doubt  Tesco have the right to refuse you this because of their own internal rules.

From Citizens Advice, you have....

• A legal right for each person to have official information relating to himself/herself amended where it is incomplete, incorrect or misleading
  • A legal right to obtain reasons for decisions affecting himself/herself.
1 thank
04.05.2016 22:41 #86
"I am sorry you have not been resolved on this issue."

Ah, c'mon, Thomas. Are you not the slightest bit embarrassed with that phase? Surely you're better than that? That's just boardroom bullspeak. Cerastes has not been resolved?!? Problematic issues require resolution. Not people. Unless..... of course...... customers asking perfectly reasonable questions present a problematic issue for TM?

As an aside, I'm sorry to hear you haven't been resolved, Cerastes. Perhaps if you back-end some blue sky thinking, we could deep dive some soup to nuts 24/7? And then revert to you? Run it up the flagpole and see who deploys the appropriate level of transformative eyeballs on?
2 thanks
04.05.2016 23:25 #87
I am pay as you go. I see one can top up using credit/debit card using the app etc. Would it be possible to introduce a reoccurring option into this?
05.05.2016 16:21 #88
Originally posted by bromley52
I am pay as you go. I see one can top up using credit/debit card using the app etc. Would it be possible to introduce a reoccurring option into this?

Hi Bromley52

We have this option in place right now. If you register your number with my Tesco mobile then register a card you will be able to have scheduled top ups for your account. We would not be to set this up for you this is a self service options. We can advise though if you are having issues.

Thanks
Thomas
24.11.2017 15:51 #89
Circler of wagons
Hi Tesco team. I would like to report on my call to customer service earlier today. The lady I was talking to is an absolute asset to your company. Her name is Amy. If their is more than one Amy I can provide my details and I'm sure ye could find her. 

She was so helpful during the call. I told her thanks but please someone tell her she's doing a great job and to keep up the good work. 

So many times nowadays other companies have the human equivalent of robots working for them that don't care at all  and go through the motions. With Amy she was prepared to go through every phone ye have with me. 

1 thank
26.11.2017 14:06 #90
Originally posted by Conspectus
Hi Tesco team. I would like to report on my call to customer service earlier today. The lady I was talking to is an absolute asset to your company. Her name is Amy. If their is more than one Amy I can provide my details and I'm sure ye could find her. 

She was so helpful during the call. I told her thanks but please someone tell her she's doing a great job and to keep up the good work. 

So many times nowadays other companies have the human equivalent of robots working for them that don't care at all  and go through the motions. With Amy she was prepared to go through every phone ye have with me. 

Hi Conspectus,

Thanks for the feedback! I'll be sure to have this message passed on to management and let Amy know you were happy with the service she provided. If you ever have any queries feel free to get in touch!

Regards,
Shane
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list