Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

28 hrs
Response Time
82%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Tesco Mobile - Feedback and Suggestions

23.11.2015 19:54 #61
Tescomobile site is still showing FREE SIM Card under shop menu. But once you choose a sim card it will charge you 5 Euro. 
25.11.2015 13:03 #62
Verified representative
Originally posted by Deltarom
Tescomobile site is still showing FREE SIM Card under shop menu. But once you choose a sim card it will charge you 5 Euro. 

Hi Deltarom,

On the website it currently says "SIM Card: Order now". Can you please advise on which page you can see "FREE SIM"?.

One of the pages I am referring to can be seen in the link here. To the right of the page you will see "SIM Card: Order now" in blue writing.

Kind regards,
Luke
25.11.2015 16:39 #63
Go to Tescomobile and then click on MyTescoMobile
Select Shop -> FREE SIM Card.
26.11.2015 08:38 #64

Hi Deltarom,

Can you delete your history and clear your cookies and your cache. I believe you should not see it again once you do this.

Thanks
Thomas
28.11.2015 16:19 #65
Your data tariffs when you go abroad are exorbitant. I live on the border and stray into UK coverage regularly, but 25c per mb is daylight robbery. There should be some kind of package that you can buy.
28.11.2015 17:12 #66
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Thomas

Hi Deltarom,

Can you delete your history and clear your cookies and your cache. I believe you should not see it again once you do this.

Thanks
Thomas

It is still there even I tried in different browser and different device.
30.11.2015 10:53 #67
Hi, I'm just wondering is there a problem with the internet signal? As I haven't been getting a signal since Friday. I've rang the help centre and knocked off my phone and all that but nothing is working. Also my phone service keeps going saying it's for emergency calls only? I need help badly.
01.12.2015 14:06 #68
Originally posted by Arkins95
Hi, I'm just wondering is there a problem with the internet signal? As I haven't been getting a signal since Friday. I've rang the help centre and knocked off my phone and all that but nothing is working. Also my phone service keeps going saying it's for emergency calls only? I need help badly.

Hi Arkins95

First can you tell me the area you are in? so I can look into this. Then while I investigate Can you try manually select the Tesco network. Once you have done this then reboot the devise then manually select the Tesco network again. This may fix the issue.

Thanks
Thomas
18.12.2015 20:36 #69
These phones " http://***.tesco.com/d...hones_navstamp_slot2"  are available SIM free from tesco in UK. Why not any available in Ireland?
20.12.2015 13:01 #70
The most annoying thing with Tesco Mobile is the topping up system.  The monthly top up is €15 but most outlets only provide €10 or€20 top ups.  So you have to go to a Tesco store to get a €15 top up. I currently have a balance of €7 on my account so I should only need a €10 top up.

Even worse Tesco won't let you use your existing balance as part of the €15.  So if I buy a €30 top up I should be able to top up for 2 months but I can't.
22.12.2015 17:46 #71
Please fix the following:

1) Top ups cannot be completed using the Android mobile app if payment is with a Visa card that uses 'verified by visa' authentication. It just hangs after the verification password is entered, with a message "Loading. Please Wait."

2) Noticed the PayPal option at the bottom of the Topup options and went through the verification process but it does not appear as a payment option. If it's not possible to pay via PayPal, then why have an option to add it as a payment method?!

3) Since forever it has not been possible to send a text message more than one message long (160 characters) from the app and possibly also the website. But no warning appears to tell you this and the app doesn't show how many characters are in the current message being written. So one has to keep cutting down the message until it is less than 160 characters before it will eventually send!

These are pretty basic issues, but amazingly they are still present almost a year after I joined Tesco Mobile and started noticing them...
24.12.2015 08:55 #72
Ive been with Tesco mobile a long time now, usually Ive found the customer service to be quite straightforward.

Recently, I decided to upgrade to a newer faster phone, which I did through a Tesco phone shop, I had the phone about ten days and I found upon calling customer service using a landline that my account was cut off, Id no idea how long I had been disconnected as at times I might not make calls at all. I was told there was an issue with setting up my account, but this was not a problem when I paid/handed my money over and took the phone from the store.

By the time I had discovered I was arbitrarily disconnected, I had received no contact from Tescomobile, they just decided to disconnect me and let me discover this myself. As I had applied for some jobs and used this number, I was unhappy to see Tesco had done this without making any effort to ring or even text me before doing so.
I asked for a customer service/manager call back at the time but this seemed to be skirted around, It appeared very much like Tesco had left me uninformed and maybe they could use this to let me pass the 14 day return date without noticing so Id be stuck, whether this was intentional or not I dont know, but there seemed to be no urgency to contact me, so I cancelled the account and returned the phone.
The call back never occurred, even though I have another Tesco account, I requested another call back which also didn't materialise, and now am waiting on a 3rd where the agent (online chat) started telling me there were going to book it for Xmas day after I told them "not to book it for Xmas day".

Tesco doesn't seem very helpful, maybe it's in an effort to get rid of customers with older/better deals, I am quite happy with my plan, but after this experience am reluctant to pay Tesco for a new phone when Ive been treated shoddily. It appears like I dont spend enough for Tesco to give a damn.
It seems the only way to get around this for me now is to move to another service provider,
I wont be doing Tesco the favour of cancelling my old account/plan with its benefits to me, but will just let that sit barely used as a second phone, and will just set up a new number elsewhere as this seems my only option now to upgrade as Tesco have made no effort to attempt to contact me.

My problems with Tesco looks to fit the bill for a COMREG complaint, my problem wasn't resolved, you didnt call me back, you arbitrarily disconnected my account without informing me even though I was paying.
27.12.2015 21:43 #73
Hi

When are ye goin to sort the 4g out?? I went bk on this thread and the same question was asked 2 years ago!!!!

Also the data reception has gone very bad outside urban areas. I live just outside cork city.

My biggest gripe!!! The data charge while roaming is a disgrace in this day and age. Meteor charge €15 for 7 days 100 mins 200 txts &500 mb. Vodafone charge 2.99 per day unlimited calls & txts 200mb. Both good value in my opinion. Why can't tesco do something. I only signed up to a two year contract in April and I regret it big time.

Any help and a reply would be appreciated, thank you.
30.12.2015 10:25 #74
At this point Im reluctant to stay with Tesco as Ive been trying to get a call back from Tesco as to why my account was cancelled, I was told they were working on xmas day, when I didnt want a call back, so why no call back still? this was organised a number of times going back to early december!
My credit ends on January the 20th and so will my custom, as tescomobile seems unwilling to respond, I'll make my enquiry with comreg and via data protection if only/not answered by the latest date possible.
30.12.2015 13:10 #75
Originally posted by cerastes
At this point Im reluctant to stay with Tesco as Ive been trying to get a call back from Tesco as to why my account was cancelled, I was told they were working on xmas day, when I didnt want a call back, so why no call back still? this was organised a number of times going back to early december!
My credit ends on January the 20th and so will my custom, as tescomobile seems unwilling to respond, I'll make my enquiry with comreg and via data protection if only/not answered by the latest date possible.

Hi Cerastes,

Very sorry for any service your received which was not satisfactory. If you send us a PM  to our Reps page, with your name address , number and mothers maiden name we can look into your account and try resolve any issue you have. You will find our Reps page here.

Thanks
Thomas
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image