Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

28 hrs
Response Time
82%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Tesco Mobile - Feedback and Suggestions

09.04.2014 08:43 #46
Originally posted by lud
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Tom

I have an Xperia Z and can advise that this is not normal.

If the sim has been replaced and the issue remains I would recommend that you contact Sony again as the issue has not been resolved.

Perhaps a different model? Mine is C6603, Android 4.3 and latest build 101. 
I had the very same problem with my old htc wildfire, I also looked for help here on forums and Leona replied:

Hi lud

Sorry to hear you're having issues with this. Generally if you have a 3G sim but only picking up a 2G, this is a problem with coverage. 

If this is not a a coverage issue, the only way to determine if it is a problem with the sim or the phone is to test your sim card in a different handset. If you can pick up a 3G network using your sim in another phone then it may be a problem with your phone. 

If you are still unable to get 3G, then it is possibly a sim issue and you may need a sim replacement.

Can you please advise of what area you're in?

Thanks
Leona

It was a G2/G3 issue back then and after getting a G3 sim card my htc worked fine, it hadn't lost it's signal til today.

I have also been talking to purplestar1986 who's experiencing the same issue with a phone bought in Tesco and replaced in Tesco. New handset is still losing connection. It isn't Xperia Z but another phone, also 4G ready.
http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057151824/4#post89843509

Today my phone lost signal 3 times. Once in city center and once at Red Cow, which seems a typical location for disconnecting. Other locations would be nearby hospitals - James' and Crumlin. Could those be spots where radios change?

Mine is the exact same model.

Picking up signal from different areas should not cause you to loose coverage.

If you were to test your sim in another phone and the issue did not occur then this would show that.

1 - Its not the sim
2- Its not the network
3 - Its likely to be the phone.

Can you test this please?
10.04.2014 19:13 #47
Originally posted by lud

I have an Xperia Z and can advise that this is not normal.

If the sim has been replaced and the issue remains I would recommend that you contact Sony again as the issue has not been resolved.

Perhaps a different model? Mine is C6603, Android 4.3 and latest build 101. 
I had the very same problem with my old htc wildfire, I also looked for help here on forums and Leona replied:

Hi lud

Sorry to hear you're having issues with this. Generally if you have a 3G sim but only picking up a 2G, this is a problem with coverage. 

If this is not a a coverage issue, the only way to determine if it is a problem with the sim or the phone is to test your sim card in a different handset. If you can pick up a 3G network using your sim in another phone then it may be a problem with your phone. 

If you are still unable to get 3G, then it is possibly a sim issue and you may need a sim replacement.

Can you please advise of what area you're in?

Thanks
Leona

It was a G2/G3 issue back then and after getting a G3 sim card my htc worked fine, it hadn't lost it's signal til today.

I have also been talking to purplestar1986 who's experiencing the same issue with a phone bought in Tesco and replaced in Tesco. New handset is still losing connection. It isn't Xperia Z but another phone, also 4G ready.
http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057151824/4#post89843509

Today my phone lost signal 3 times. Once in city center and once at Red Cow, which seems a typical location for disconnecting. Other locations would be nearby hospitals - James' and Crumlin. Could those be spots where radios change?

Mine is the exact same model.

Picking up signal from different areas should not cause you to loose coverage.

If you were to test your sim in another phone and the issue did not occur then this would show that.

1 - Its not the sim
2- Its not the network
3 - Its likely to be the phone.

Can you test this please?

Sim card tested, it's not the sim card.
My phone has had this issue since I got it. I did send it to Sony service center in Dublin and they exchange the handset. I don't believe I got a faulty phone twice, 1- from shop and 2 - from Sony service.
I think it could be software issue - my current software on this phone is not compatible with the network maybe?
Would that be possible for you to post a screen with the settings in 'about phone' from your Xperia?
I am attaching mine, I wonder if they differ a lot.
Thanks 

Attached Images

17.04.2014 18:15 #48
Maybe I just did something wrong but it seems that I cannot buy a broadband bundle (€15 for 15G) until the one I already have is used up. It would be handy if I could top up and buy the bundle before so that it just automatically uses the new one once the old one is used up. Ya get me?.
1 thank
22.04.2014 09:34 #49
Originally posted by Joshua J
Maybe I just did something wrong but it seems that I cannot buy a broadband bundle (€15 for 15G) until the one I already have is used up. It would be handy if I could top up and buy the bundle before so that it just automatically uses the new one once the old one is used up. Ya get me?.

Yes this would be correct as the bundles are not stackable.

If pass on your feedback regarding this.
07.07.2014 09:53 #50
Recurring top up and auto top up when balance reaches a low threshold.  

Stop sending messages promoting add ons I am already subscribed to. 

Allow me to save a list of other numbers I would like to top up from mobile app website eg a partner's or BB account.
09.07.2014 11:57 #51
Originally posted by palm
Recurring top up and auto top up when balance reaches a low threshold.  

Stop sending messages promoting add ons I am already subscribed to. 

Allow me to save a list of other numbers I would like to top up from mobile app website eg a partner's or BB account.

Hi palm,

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions here. Just to follow up on these, we are looking to introduce a scheduled top up feature in the next few months.

We're looking into the promotion messages so that customers already using add-ons will not receive promo messages while these are active.

The suggestion for the save list for numbers to top up will be looked into as a possible feature in future.

Regards,
Krystal
15.07.2014 15:13 #52
Hi, you guys used to have an offer for free unlimited calls or Texts for people topping up by €15 or more. Is this offer now gone in favor of calls only? 
15.07.2014 15:33 #53
Originally posted by paruss100
Hi, you guys used to have an offer for free unlimited calls or Texts for people topping up by €15 or more. Is this offer now gone in favor of calls only? 

Hi Paruss100

No this offer is ongoing see https://www.tescomobil...as-you-go-plans.aspx

If you wish to change your plan to Unlimited Text, just text ‘JOIN TEXT’ to 1744, and top up to activate.
30.01.2015 14:13 #54
Stackable Bundled products...

Guys,

This is a right pain in the arse, and I'm sure like me you have alot of frustrated customers. As a PAYG customer I normally get away with the 1GB bundle/month. This month I've run out with 2 days to go until the bundle is reapplied. I cant topup another bundle until the 1st expires, so I'm left for the weekend without any data. The only option is to pay per usage which isnt cost effective.

In this day and age, having access to data (at an affordable price) is probably the most important requirement of a mobile provider...

Me thinks I'll have to see what the other competitors are providing...

rant over...

W. 
01.02.2015 14:28 #55
I agree. Equally annoying is that you can't use a remaining balance as part of the €15 monthly top up.  Tesco don't supply €15 top ups so, unless one uses a card, there is a €5 balance.  We should be able to top up by €20 one month & €10 the next month - after all Tesco are getting the same money.
18.02.2015 13:05 #56
Originally posted by Discodog
I agree. Equally annoying is that you can't use a remaining balance as part of the €15 monthly top up.  Tesco don't supply €15 top ups so, unless one uses a card, there is a €5 balance.  We should be able to top up by €20 one month & €10 the next month - after all Tesco are getting the same money.

Hi Discodog,

I just spotted your comment that Tesco don't supply €15 top ups. You can buy top ups of €15 in any Tesco store, so you don't have to buy a €20 denomination. Some other stores (Xtra-vision, Topaz) will only do €5, €10, €20 but Tesco stores will always give you the €15 if you ask :)
14.11.2015 20:52 #57
HI, 
      Why no SIM Free phones from tesco Ireland ? Why no Iphones available from Ireland Tesco mobile? 
15.11.2015 21:08 #58
Originally posted by Timbuck2
HI, 
      Why no SIM Free phones from tesco Ireland ? Why no Iphones available from Ireland Tesco mobile? 

A SIM free phone in Ireland that's sold from one of the phone networks is, well, like the crock o' gold.
16.11.2015 12:29 #59
HI, 

Originally posted by CaSCaDe711
HI, 

A SIM free phone in Ireland that's sold from one of the phone networks is, well, like the crock o' gold.

Hi all

I am afraid, that in Ireland all phones sold by a network would be locked to said network. Also we do have the iPhone 5s on offer with our telesales team. You can free call them on 1800 800 089 between 10am and 6pm Monday to Friday.

Thanks
Thomas
16.11.2015 22:18 #60
That's two models ago - not a great offer.  
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video