Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

9 hrs
Response Time
91%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Tesco Mobile - Feedback and Suggestions

16.02.2014 18:05 #31
+1 for a Windows Phone app. I plan on switching to Tesco Mobile as soon as the clubcard is posted out but I'm told that could be 2 weeks. €15 for everything I could need and the same coverage as O2? No-brainer!
24.03.2014 20:14 #32
Be great to have policy with tesco in the uk that we could use our minutes from our existing plans, rather like the 3 home plan
1 thank
24.03.2014 22:56 #33
Originally posted by skydish79
Be great to have policy with tesco in the uk that we could use our minutes from our existing plans, rather like the 3 home plan

I suggested sometime ago that they should do some form of a link up. Although I know they are 2 separate companies I bet the average customer is going to reckon they are one and the same.
2 thanks
25.03.2014 09:46 #34
Why not make the 15GB/€15 PAYG data available as an add-on on the phone via tethering/portable hotspot as well as on data SIMS? Qualitatively I can see no reason why it should not and it would be an additional marketing point to say that you can get all your data needs from just a € per GB all on the one device i.e. no absolute need to juggle your phone and data dongle/Wifi device and phone and data SIMS but instead have the ability to do it all in one.
1 thank
26.03.2014 10:00 #35
Prepay mobile broadband (Data Sim Only)

Option to edit personal details in My Tesco Mobile

Webtexts

Happy with speed in rural area.

1 thank
26.03.2014 10:19 #36
Originally posted by Power Gear
Prepay mobile broadband (Data Sim Only)

Option to edit personal details in My Tesco Mobile

Webtexts

Happy with speed in rural area.

Thanks for the feedback :)

We sell data only sims at the moment see http://www.tescomobile...u-go-data-plans.aspx
26.03.2014 10:27 #37
Broadband Sims are free in stores when you  buy credit(voucher).
1 thank
01.04.2014 11:16 #38
Bulk annualised Data PAYG:

Something I have never seen from any network is an annualised amount of Data i.e. a once-off payment for a large amount of data usable for 12 months from the date of purchase. I have seen small amounts of data available for 3 months on UK networks but not bulk amounts over 12 months. The advantage to TM would a significant reduction in costs and administration with bills/direct debits/losses from unpaid contracts etc and of course it gets its money up-front at the same cost of an everyday top-up.

A 'small' package might be 100GB/€95.
A 'medium' package of 300GB/€195.
A 'large' package of 600GB/€295.

I am sure something like this would find a market. From the consumers viewpoint the advantage is that they do not have to be checking their usage to stay within their data allowance every month, rationalising their usage to stay within monthly allowances and having 'wasted' unused data allowances during holiday periods etc and the bank transaction costs of direct debits every month. 

Any chance of any feedback on customer 'feedback and suggestions' btw?
03.04.2014 19:11 #39
I think the tariff plans you offer are the best of all other networks.
Unfortunately my phone (4G enabled) doesn't function well on 3G network :( When is Tesco Mobile Ireland going 4G? Is it any time soon? I don't want to switch to another network but I need my phone to function properly.

Another thought is...why micro sim cards are not available in Tesco stores? Every time I shop for them I am being sent to Tesco stall at Jervis as stores only do mini sim cards.
07.04.2014 09:22 #40
Originally posted by lud
Unfortunately my phone (4G enabled) doesn't function well on 3G network :( When is Tesco Mobile Ireland going 4G? Is it any time soon? I don't want to switch to another network but I need my phone to function properly.

Another thought is...why micro sim cards are not available in Tesco stores? Every time I shop for them I am being sent to Tesco stall at Jervis as stores only do mini sim cards.

Hi Lud

4G is a service that we are currently in the early stages in planning for but I can't confirm a launch date.

What issues are you having with your phone on 3G?

Thanks for the feedback regarding the micro sims, I'll pass this on :)
07.04.2014 19:33 #41
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Tom
Originally posted by lud

Hi Lud

4G is a service that we are currently in the early stages in planning for but I can't confirm a launch date.

Thanks,
My Sony Xperia Z loses signal (data mobile + gsm) 1-5 times daily (last Thu or Fri when it got lost over 10 times). It usually happens on bus trips. I understand there could be areas without coverage but the problem is that the phone won't reconnect back to network by itself. I have to restart the phone or go airplane mode for a minute, then back to normal mode to reconnect.
Recently it's been happening even when I am not moving. 
I sent the phone to Sony service center in Dublin, the handset has been replaced and tested. The problem still occurs. I went to Tesco stall in Jervis and the sales lady told me she did hear about this issue from other customers and that it could be many things. At the beginning she replaced my sim card with a new one, unfortunately it didn't make any difference.  
I read on Sony forums that some people who had the same problem changed their sim cards to 4G ready ones and their phones work fine now. Apparently Sony Xperia Z with Android version from 4.2 up need 4G sim cards enabled to function properly.
08.04.2014 09:22 #42
Originally posted by lud
Originally posted by lud

Hi Lud

Thanks,
My Sony Xperia Z loses signal (data mobile + gsm) 1-5 times daily (last Thu or Fri when it got lost over 10 times). It usually happens on bus trips. I understand there could be areas without coverage but the problem is that the phone won't reconnect back to network by itself. I have to restart the phone or go airplane mode for a minute, then back to normal mode to reconnect.
Recently it's been happening even when I am not moving. 
I sent the phone to Sony service center in Dublin, the handset has been replaced and tested. The problem still occurs. I went to Tesco stall in Jervis and the sales lady told me she did hear about this issue from other customers and that it could be many things. At the beginning she replaced my sim card with a new one, unfortunately it didn't make any difference.  
I read on Sony forums that some people who had the same problem changed their sim cards to 4G ready ones and their phones work fine now. Apparently Sony Xperia Z with Android version from 4.2 up need 4G sim cards enabled to function properly.

I have an Xperia Z and can advise that this is not normal.

If the sim has been replaced and the issue remains I would recommend that you contact Sony again as the issue has not been resolved.
08.04.2014 14:32 #43
Hi,
Is there any option with Tesco mobile to receive notification messages for missed calls when our mobile is switched off?
The only option I found is when you forward your calls to your voicemail.

But what I would like to see and suggest, based on services that other providers offer, is the option to get notification messages without having to forward the calls to your voicemail when the phone is switched off.
Is any plan to offer such service to Tesco mobile customers in the near future?
08.04.2014 14:34 #44
Originally posted by inel
Hi,
Is there any option with Tesco mobile to receive notification messages for missed calls when our mobile is switched off?
The only option I found is when you forward your calls to your voicemail.

But what I would like to see and suggest, based on services that other providers offer, is the option to get notification messages without having to forward the calls to your voicemail when the phone is switched off.
Is any plan to offer such service to Tesco mobile customers in the near future?

Thanks for the feedback :) I'm not aware of any plans for this at the moment but it could be something that we offer going forward.
08.04.2014 18:36 #45

I have an Xperia Z and can advise that this is not normal.

If the sim has been replaced and the issue remains I would recommend that you contact Sony again as the issue has not been resolved.

Perhaps a different model? Mine is C6603, Android 4.3 and latest build 101. 
I had the very same problem with my old htc wildfire, I also looked for help here on forums and Leona replied:

Hi lud

Sorry to hear you're having issues with this. Generally if you have a 3G sim but only picking up a 2G, this is a problem with coverage. 

If this is not a a coverage issue, the only way to determine if it is a problem with the sim or the phone is to test your sim card in a different handset. If you can pick up a 3G network using your sim in another phone then it may be a problem with your phone. 

If you are still unable to get 3G, then it is possibly a sim issue and you may need a sim replacement.

Can you please advise of what area you're in?

Thanks
Leona

It was a G2/G3 issue back then and after getting a G3 sim card my htc worked fine, it hadn't lost it's signal til today.

I have also been talking to purplestar1986 who's experiencing the same issue with a phone bought in Tesco and replaced in Tesco. New handset is still losing connection. It isn't Xperia Z but another phone, also 4G ready.
http://www.boards.ie/t...51824/4#post89843509

Today my phone lost signal 3 times. Once in city center and once at Red Cow, which seems a typical location for disconnecting. Other locations would be nearby hospitals - James' and Crumlin. Could those be spots where radios change?
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video