Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

28 hrs
Response Time
82%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Tesco Mobile - Feedback and Suggestions

09.10.2013 19:18 #16
Originally posted by Yali Sinha
Day before yesterday I had gone to your Jervis centre, Dublin Ireland, to move my phone to Tesco. One of your sales guy did it but instead of moving my number to me he moved my number to somebody else’s number. What kind of idiot people do you employ who do not know what they are doing and what they are supposed to do? So past two days my number was being answered by someone else? Shame on you guys who cannot do a simple task like moving numbers properly. And for your kind information the number that I am talking about is also my office number. So thanks to your company that I lost more than one day’s work. NOW I WANT A WRITTEN APOLOGY FROM YOUR COMPANY AND ALSO A FREE CREDIT. AS IT IS YOUR ORGANIZATION HAS GIVEN ME ENOUGH PROBLEMS. IF I DO NOT GET AN APOLOGY AND FREE CREDIT I AM NOT CONTINUING WITH TESCO ANY MORE AND WILL ADVICE THE SAME TO MY COLLEAGUES AND FRIENDS. 

With an insulting rant like that, you don't deserve a reply:eek:
1 thank
10.10.2013 09:24 #17
Originally posted by cerastes
Originally posted by mickser42
maybe when the service is down like last night and last Friday there should be something like a notice on the main website rather than reaching a limited few with social media as is the current case.

Mick 

agreed, when there is an outage issue or something that needs to be highlighted
I suggest a red banner or maybe a blinking banner other than the usual colour, with the alert status in the main page of tesco mobile.ie, not after you have navigated your way through a few subpages and not in the same blue background colour.
And not alerts strictly by twitter or facebook, by all means use that medium, but not everyone is signed up to use them or toreceive constant updates.
If there is not a complete network failure, Id even suggest sending a brief SMS, pointing to the website for further details.

I would also suggest a quick top up card that can be scanned at the tills when buying top up credit, specific to the SIM.
I had one with a magnetic strip/bar code for a SIM I picked up for use in the UK for a few weeks for another network and it was handy to top up at a till, when I didnt have access online. I know many people have smart phones and there are a number of ways to top up, but
  It would be particularly handy for people that prefer not to/dont have access/cant top up online and find inputting a long code fiddly. I did have my own top ups set up by using the phone itself which is handy, but when this started giving problems, I stopped using it, as I was requesting top ups and receiving no notification of being credited the value I requested, I was however unsure if I had been charged and I never had the time to follow that up.

I would say the keyring clubcard could be an option to use, when it is confirmed that only one mobile number is associated with the clubcard. However as there can be a number of users/SIMs (eg family) associated with the one clubcard collecting points, it would probably be preferable to have a different keyring card to top up.

Hi cerastes,

These are all very good suggestions, thank you, and I have passed this feedback on.

Regards,
Krystal
12.10.2013 15:36 #18
Theres a bug on the BIC validator on the website.

The last three X's are padding I believe and should not be required.
15.10.2013 03:01 #19
Ya such a hard website to navigate and better selection of bill pay phones...high end bill pay phones not just S4...thanks
15.10.2013 17:09 #20
Originally posted by RandomAccess
Theres a bug on the BIC validator on the website.

The last three X's are padding I believe and should not be required.

Hi there

This should be fixed now. You pick bank name from a dropdown now.

regards
Paul
20.10.2013 21:26 #21
It's been mentioned before but Tesco Mobile need to have a bigger selection of smartphones not having the HTC One the best phone ever is crazy and not stocking the Galaxy Note 3,why?

Also do away with roaming in Europe if Meteor can do it so can Tesco.

Cheers
2 thanks
21.10.2013 03:34 #22
Ya tesco mobile ya tesco mobile do get a lot of feed back from loyal customers like me who pay them 55 euro a month, and for our loyalty we get a choice of many top range phone such as samsung , samsung and oh ya samsung.....for 55 a month and I say this because my 18 month contract is up next month, ye will be losing my 55 a month to meteor because ye have no other top phones in yere selection other than the S4 which by the way ye want me to pay 150 on top of my 55 a month, a bit steep especially scince it want a great up grade from my S3 which is why they will more than likely rush the S5 out in January lets hope the don't try and ruin it with Mickey Mouse curves.....anyway let's get a move on and get the note 3 , htc one, and max and iPhone 5s never mind with the C we ain't the Chinese teenage girl market....wow I don't half blow on, plus tesco England can have deals with all those phone companies for there handsets, what's wrong with the Irish market ? If anything we pay more.....at least give us a reason other than we wont be stocking these handsets line....
22.10.2013 10:17 #23
Thanks for the feedback :)

Our phone range is continually being updated with new phones being launched regularly.

Keep an eye on our website and Boards for info on new phones and offers.
15.11.2013 14:08 #24
Within the app there's a function to buy a recurring addon for texts or data. Simply turning this on deducts the amount from your credit immediately. Can there be a 2nd layer of security so that when turned on it asked 'are you sure? This will deduct €xx from your credit balance" or ask for your pin. This would help avoid having the kids buy uneccesary addons by accident.
18.11.2013 10:22 #25
Originally posted by jarvis
Within the app there's a function to buy a recurring addon for texts or data. Simply turning this on deducts the amount from your credit immediately. Can there be a 2nd layer of security so that when turned on it asked 'are you sure? This will deduct €xx from your credit balance" or ask for your pin. This would help avoid having the kids buy uneccesary addons by accident.

Thanks jarvis, this is something I believer we're already looking into.

Regards,
Krystal
22.11.2013 09:44 #26
Originally posted by jarvis

Hi jarvis,

There is a confirmation message in place, will you make sure you've updated to the latest version?

Regards,
Krystal
07.01.2014 22:44 #27
How about sending out a text to notify users their balance has been topped up when they do it online. 
14.01.2014 12:04 #28
Can we have a "Windows Phone" app pleaase?
14.01.2014 12:17 #29
On the iPhone TescoMobile app, when I try and insert a carriage-return into a webtext, it doesn't work (just exits the message dialog window). Can you fix this please in a future release.
14.02.2014 10:08 #30
On the app , under the webtext when choosing recipient it might be handy to have a most recent list option of those people you have sent a text to say in the last week, rather than having to go to you phone book 
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video