Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

34 hrs
Response Time
86%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Tesco Mobile - Feedback and Suggestions

09.04.2013 15:52 #1
This thread is for feedback on current services/products and is also for suggestions on services/products that you would like to see Tesco Mobile offer in the future.

For all other queries please open a new thread.
Last edited by Tesco Mobile: Tom: 09.04.2013 at 16:05.
1 thank
11.04.2013 21:31 #2
You need a mobile friendly version of your website or modify the app so that one doesn't need to access the website.
I have been trying to access the site for 3 days
1 thank
09.05.2013 10:08 #3
No offence lads - joined SIM Only on the 1st and you could do with updating the website to look better.

The lads in Nigeria that do be on donedeal scamming build better ones..

As ive said "NO OFFENCE!"
11.05.2013 10:30 #4
Inclusive data roaming in the UK like Three offer with their 'Three Like Home' product.
3 thanks
14.05.2013 13:52 #5
Please rollout an iPhone / iOS app. There's on available for Tesco mobile UK now.

Also, I'd second the fact that your self-care website is like something from about 1997. It could do with a major revamp.
2 thanks
17.05.2013 22:29 #6
Tesco started with an All Ireland proposition and then moved back from that. A virtual network is in an ideal position to provide a service where you don't have to check what mast you are on to determine how much you will be charged. A simple value proposition that if you haven't left the island that you will be charged the same, no ifs, buts or small print.
1 thank
22.09.2013 21:28 #7
Would love a Live Chat facility on the website. Many companies including Emobile are now using it and I think it is brilliant. Just something for you to think about... :)
1 thank
01.10.2013 20:58 #8
Tesco's range of add-ons for extra talk/minutes is minimal:(. Is there any chance of an add-on that would give an extra amount of minutes to UK?
01.10.2013 22:54 #9
I propose an unlimited data add one for around €15
02.10.2013 22:02 #10
Please lower the cost of calling an Irish landline number. 20c/25c on the old/new PAYG plans, me not likey  :(
4 thanks
03.10.2013 14:24 #11
maybe when the service is down like last night and last Friday there should be something like a notice on the main website rather than reaching a limited few with social media as is the current case.

Mick 
3 thanks
03.10.2013 23:19 #12
After two network outages in as many weeks TM need to do the right thing and compensate customers like o2 in the UK did last year.

http://www.theguardian...ers-get-compensation
04.10.2013 12:00 #13
Day before yesterday I had gone to your Jervis centre, Dublin Ireland, to move my phone to Tesco. One of your sales guy did it but instead of moving my number to me he moved my number to somebody else’s number. What kind of idiot people do you employ who do not know what they are doing and what they are supposed to do? So past two days my number was being answered by someone else? Shame on you guys who cannot do a simple task like moving numbers properly. And for your kind information the number that I am talking about is also my office number. So thanks to your company that I lost more than one day’s work. NOW I WANT A WRITTEN APOLOGY FROM YOUR COMPANY AND ALSO A FREE CREDIT. AS IT IS YOUR ORGANIZATION HAS GIVEN ME ENOUGH PROBLEMS. IF I DO NOT GET AN APOLOGY AND FREE CREDIT I AM NOT CONTINUING WITH TESCO ANY MORE AND WILL ADVICE THE SAME TO MY COLLEAGUES AND FRIENDS. 
04.10.2013 12:19 #14
Originally posted by Yali Sinha
Day before yesterday I had gone to your Jervis centre, Dublin Ireland, to move my phone to Tesco. One of your sales guy did it but instead of moving my number to me he moved my number to somebody else’s number. What kind of idiot people do you employ who do not know what they are doing and what they are supposed to do? So past two days my number was being answered by someone else? Shame on you guys who cannot do a simple task like moving numbers properly. And for your kind information the number that I am talking about is also my office number. So thanks to your company that I lost more than one day’s work. NOW I WANT A WRITTEN APOLOGY FROM YOUR COMPANY AND ALSO A FREE CREDIT. AS IT IS YOUR ORGANIZATION HAS GIVEN ME ENOUGH PROBLEMS. IF I DO NOT GET AN APOLOGY AND FREE CREDIT I AM NOT CONTINUING WITH TESCO ANY MORE AND WILL ADVICE THE SAME TO MY COLLEAGUES AND FRIENDS. 

Hi Yali Sinha,

I've replied to your other threads.

Regards,
Krystal
09.10.2013 17:06 #15
Originally posted by mickser42
maybe when the service is down like last night and last Friday there should be something like a notice on the main website rather than reaching a limited few with social media as is the current case.

Mick 

agreed, when there is an outage issue or something that needs to be highlighted
I suggest a red banner or maybe a blinking banner other than the usual colour, with the alert status in the main page of tesco mobile.ie, not after you have navigated your way through a few subpages and not in the same blue background colour.
And not alerts strictly by twitter or facebook, by all means use that medium, but not everyone is signed up to use them or toreceive constant updates.
If there is not a complete network failure, Id even suggest sending a brief SMS, pointing to the website for further details.

I would also suggest a quick top up card that can be scanned at the tills when buying top up credit, specific to the SIM.
I had one with a magnetic strip/bar code for a SIM I picked up for use in the UK for a few weeks for another network and it was handy to top up at a till, when I didnt have access online. I know many people have smart phones and there are a number of ways to top up, but
  It would be particularly handy for people that prefer not to/dont have access/cant top up online and find inputting a long code fiddly. I did have my own top ups set up by using the phone itself which is handy, but when this started giving problems, I stopped using it, as I was requesting top ups and receiving no notification of being credited the value I requested, I was however unsure if I had been charged and I never had the time to follow that up.

I would say the keyring clubcard could be an option to use, when it is confirmed that only one mobile number is associated with the clubcard. However as there can be a number of users/SIMs (eg family) associated with the one clubcard collecting points, it would probably be preferable to have a different keyring card to top up.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video