Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Virgin Media Ireland Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12pm-3pm.

Thinking of ordering a new Virgin Media bundle? - Want a special deal?

17.04.2013 18:15 #46
Originally posted by UPC: Jason
Hi there

Yes, please order here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and select the Fibre 150 bundle.  You can change the pack to the Anytime World one by email after my team contact you to confirm your order

Thanks

Jason

That's great thanks! What price would that be when changed to Anytime World for both the first 6 months/afterwards?
19.04.2013 11:12 #47
Originally posted by PenguinMan
That's great thanks! What price would that be when changed to Anytime World for both the first 6 months/afterwards?

Hi PenguinMan

Fibre 150c/w Anytime World phone pack will cost you €57 per month (but just €40 for the first 6 months if you are ordering as a new customer)

Thanks

Jason

***Special offer*** Extra Benefit of Free Installation of new bundles until the end of April**** Plus 6 Months reduced price bundle***Plus a €50 voucher as a boards bargain alert user****
19.04.2013 13:28 #48
Hi PenguinMan

Fibre 150c/w Anytime World phone pack will cost you €57 per month (but just €40 for the first 6 months if you are ordering as a new customer)

Thanks

Jason

***Special offer*** Extra Benefit of Free Installation of new bundles until the end of April**** Plus 6 Months reduced price bundle***Plus a €50 voucher as a boards bargain alert user****

Thanks Jason. I just ordered via phone but forgot about the voucher. Would there be any way to rectify this? Thanks.
19.04.2013 16:11 #49
Originally posted by PenguinMan
Thanks Jason. I just ordered via phone but forgot about the voucher. Would there be any way to rectify this? Thanks.

Hi there

To qualify for the boards offer you must order via the dedicated boards link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer (as per the T&c's of the offer)

I am unable to cancel your order on your behalf due to data protection rules.  If you want to cancel you must call 1908 and reoder via the link.

Thanks

Regards

Jason
23.04.2013 12:10 #50
Hi all,
Just to let everyone know, I done the same as RainyDay and rang UPC to say the sky ads were very interesting, anyway I got the same deal. For 56 euro pm and a free modem, you have to speak to the customer loyalty team.
Regards
Whytie
1 thank
03.05.2013 21:07 #51
if i wanted to cancel my upc account, do i have to serve notice ? im thinking about going free to air on the tv
07.05.2013 14:08 #52
Originally posted by lazywhole
if i wanted to cancel my upc account, do i have to serve notice ? im thinking about going free to air on the tv

Hi there

Please call 1908 and ask for our loyalty team who can talk you through the cancellation procedure (yes, written notice is required)

Regards

Jason
10.05.2013 12:03 #53
Now, new customers can sign up to a UPC bundle, get it at a reduced price for 6 months, and get a €50 voucher from either DID Electrical or Carphone Warehouse.

Originally posted by Creasy_bear
New customers of course, while existing customers get rode. I just signed up for another 12 month contract. 30mb broadband with home phone 100 for 40 euro a month. What a rip off!!

Originally posted by s_carnage
It's offers like these that make me switch providers. Was with O2 for years but then they came out with deals just for new customers and switched to 3 and been happy with them since. Will ring UPC next week and if not offered these deals I'll be switching providers. 

Why do companies think these sort of deals are good business?? Brand loyalty for 10+ years stands for nothing.

Originally posted by RainyDay
Yes, this is a big problem for existing customers. I'm a loyal UPC customer for 15 years. I'm watching those Sky Broadband adverts with interest, and giving serious consideration to switching. 

Why would UPC offer a better discount to a fickle switcher but not to me? 

The cost of keeping me as an existing customer is about 10% of the cost of getting a new customer; 

http://www.marketingdo...mportance-of-loyalty

So why do they get all the discounts? This is really encouraging me to look elsewhe

How come these questions have not been answered?
20.05.2013 11:10 #54
Originally posted by davkav
How come these questions have not been answered?

Hi All

Apologies for the delayed response.

The offer being discussed here is a reward offer for boards users considering switching to UPC.

For existing UPC customers, we have been adding real value to our bundles,and continue to do this.

Last year we introduced free on demand catch-up TV and box sets, and made 150mb Broadband available to order.

We have just announced that over 200,000 current UPC broadband customers on speeds less than 50mb will be contacted about ordering a new modem, which will upgrade their speed to 50mb before the summer. (subject to new contract, but with no additional cost for the modem or speed increase)

We have also just introduced Horizon TV App and Horizon TV Online for all TV & Broadband customers, again, free, that will allow you watch TV and on demand TV on your PC, Ipad or Iphone. http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/529/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzY5MDQzNzExL3NpZC9JeU4qUEVxbA%3D%3D

If any existing customers are unhappy with any element of these changes or with their current services, then please call 1908 and talk to customer services, who can try to alleviate them.

Many thanks

Regards

Jason
21.05.2013 11:53 #55
Wannabe new Broadband only Customer

one or two questions if i may
Im currently not a UPC customer and i do not have an active phoneline,however i have phone points

will i be able to sign up for a Broadband only package or must the phoneline be activated,if so is there additinal costs.

Clinton
22.05.2013 12:07 #56
Hi,
I'm a UPC Broadband only customer. If I avail of one of the Bundles including TV am i considered a new customer?

Thanks
22.05.2013 16:18 #57
Banned
Any way to just get broadband?....NO phone?....you guys charge 7.88 Euro per month on top of the BB only fee, is there any way to get rid of this 7.88 monthly fee?

http://www.upc.ie/broadband/fifty/

A standalone charge of €7,88 applies to all broadband packs not purchased with or added to our TV or Phone service.
23.05.2013 14:34 #58
Originally posted by clintondaly
Wannabe new Broadband only Customer

one or two questions if i may
Im currently not a UPC customer and i do not have an active phoneline,however i have phone points

will i be able to sign up for a Broadband only package or must the phoneline be activated,if so is there additinal costs.

Clinton

Hi there,

You can certainly sign up for broadband only if you wish (more details here: http://www.upc.ie/broadband/).

Our broadband service doesn't work through your phoneline, so this would not be a factor, and would not have any impact on costs.

Thanks
1 thank
23.05.2013 14:36 #59
Originally posted by witchity2
Hi,
I'm a UPC Broadband only customer. If I avail of one of the Bundles including TV am i considered a new customer?

Thanks

Hi,

If you add new products to your existing broadband service you wouldn't be considered a new customer, but this would require a new 12 month contract.

Thanks
1 thank
23.05.2013 14:38 #60
Originally posted by Richard Dower
Any way to just get broadband?....NO phone?....you guys charge 7.88 Euro per month on top of the BB only fee, is there any way to get rid of this 7.88 monthly fee?

http://www.upc.ie/broadband/fifty/

A standalone charge of €7,88 applies to all broadband packs not purchased with or added to our TV or Phone service.

Hi Richard,

If you sign up for the broadband service only, then the stand alone charge would definitely apply.

Thanks
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon