Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Declan is leaving Currys & PC World

26.07.2013 07:41 #136
Originally posted by dingding
While I think not making purchases in PC world and currys to support Declan is commendable please remember that many people rely on these stores for their livelihood. Many of them decent and I gave had the pleasure of shopping there over the years.

I think that in the times that are in it we should support retailers who create Irish jobs and pay Irish taxes over Internet purchases where the price is only marginal

Curry's/PC World is hardly as Irish as Apple Pie. I'm sure if this was your primary factor when purchasing goods, there are plenty of independent stores who will sort you out. There was never a commitment to Irish consumers by Curry's/PC World over the 20 years that I have been interested in buying electronics. In fact, it was pretty diabolical, the price differences between ROI and N.I. stores a few years back (after accounting for currency exchange rates, the customer service, the upselling of unneccessary warranties, the preying on the technologically ignorant to oversell) was shocking. This forum and Declan in particular convinced me that the disdain they held Irish consumers was something they were looking to change.

And look where we are. So, go independent if you want to avoid the Internet. Your "Support Irish" defence of Curry's is misguided.
1 thank
26.07.2013 13:23 #137
Originally posted by dingding
While I think not making purchases in PC world and currys to support Declan is commendable please remember that many people rely on these stores for their livelihood. Many of them decent and I gave had the pleasure of shopping there over the years.

I think that in the times that are in it we should support retailers who create Irish jobs and pay Irish taxes over Internet purchases where the price is only marginal

I don't think it's due to Declan getting the axe that people are stopping supporting them.
I think it's because a company who used to provide top rate customer service on here as a result of Declan, no longer provide that same service.
Had the customer service remained the same, I think you'd find most posters here praising the staff still.
This hasn't happened which is clearly indicated by their crap response rate.
4 thanks
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon