Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Declan is leaving Currys & PC World

11.02.2013 10:29 #1
I'd like to let you know that, following a restructuring of operations in Ireland, the position of Managing Director for Currys & PC World in Ireland has become redundant and I will be leaving the business - and boards.ie too. This is effective immediately. I had an option to work out my notice period but I have elected to be placed on garden leave instead so I leave today. 

I would like to thank the 600 people who work for Currys & PC World, both in stores and in the head office in Carrickmines in Dublin. They are fantastic people doing a great job for customers and I have the height of adniration for what they do. I hope you will continue to give them your support and your cash !

I would, of course, also like to thank everyone who has contributed to this forum over the last 3 years. Boards has been informative, fun and hugely rewarding for me. I am extremely grateful to all of you for your questions and challenges. I am quite sure it has made us a better retailer. 

As I no longer work for the business, this is my last post and my account will be closed from this point.

Thank you all again. And the best of luck 

Declan 
200 thanks
11.02.2013 10:31 #2
best of luck  in whatever new job you get !

dont be a stranger on boards !
3 thanks
11.02.2013 10:32 #3
Dental Plan!
Best of luck Declan in whatever your future brings. 

As far as I can see, you were single-handedly rebuilding Currys/PCWorld's reputation on here by being an MD who was willing to take questions, criticism and suggestions directly and the two businesses will definitely most certainly suffer without you.
48 thanks
11.02.2013 10:36 #4
Sad to hear that Declan, I've never had an issue with Currys/PC World on here myself but would regularly pop in when I see a new thread to have my faith in retailers restored - by far the best customer service I've seen online!  Best of luck
1 thank
11.02.2013 10:37 #5
Best of luck in all your future endeavours Declan.

Seamus said it best - your support for all queries (small and large) was second to none.

Your presence on here will be sorely missed.
3 thanks
11.02.2013 10:43 #6
Best of luck Declan to whatever you do in the future. Dixons Ireland will be lost without you. You're an inspiration for an aspiring business owner when it comes to customer service. You really went above what was needed in order to meet your customers needs and have gained many new customers for Currys and PC World, myself included. 
Times may be tough out there at the moment but it was great to see the head of a company interact with his customers, something that too few do at the moment. You and your web team are an example of how the internet and social media can and should work for both the company and the customer.
Best of luck to what you do in future. Whoever gets you is one lucky company. If only all MDs were like you.
2 thanks
11.02.2013 10:45 #7
If you bring the same drive to what you have done on boards any company would be grateful to have you
11.02.2013 10:47 #8
Best of luck
11.02.2013 10:50 #9
Best of luck Declan.
11.02.2013 10:53 #10
Thats rough, with a name like Declan Curry you were made for the job.
4 thanks
11.02.2013 10:56 #11
Up and at them
Best of luck Declan. The service you provided on Boards was the reason I considered buying in Currys.
1 thank
11.02.2013 11:00 #12
Always enjoyed seeing you save the day for customers! All the best with whatever u do
11.02.2013 11:03 #13
Originally posted by seamus
Best of luck Declan in whatever your future brings. 

As far as I can see, you were single-handedly rebuilding Currys/PCWorld's reputation on here by being an MD who was willing to take questions, criticism and suggestions directly and the two businesses will definitely most certainly suffer without you.

Hear, hear!

Would pop into the forum every now and again just to see how things were getting on, and i can honestly say that the way things were dealt with has made me buy stuff from PC World that I'd normally have ordered online, because I knew if I ever had any issues they'd be sorted out.

Best of luck in all your future endeavours Declan.
1 thank
11.02.2013 11:07 #14
Wish you all the very best Declan in future endeavours.

PC World/Currys loss is your new company's gain.

Good luck and let us all know when/where you surface.

Best
11.02.2013 11:09 #15
Banned
Hope you do well in the future. Good Luck
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right