Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Gamesnash.ie Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

A Change To Our Presence Here On Boards (Talk To Forum Closing)

15.01.2013 21:12 #1
Verified representative
A Change To Our Presence Here On Boards (Talk To Forum Closing)

Back in 2008 when we joined boards as the username Gamesnash, boards was a different place. We were one of the first to register and post on behalf of a business (we registered to reply to a thread about us wondering if we were legit if memory serves me!) Over the course of time more and more companies registered accounts on boards which left boards dealing with something that hadn't been dealt with before. Some of these companies were simply spamming the board whilst others were genuinely engaging with customers which left boards at the time with a decision to make on how to handle accounts like this. How could they permit the likes of ourselves post as our business name yet stop other businesses from pimping themselves on the board ? The result at the time was to set up and move us to this talk to forum where we have been ever since.

Fast forward to 2013 and boards has evolved quite a bit. It's now common place to see verified reps (those users in red) posting within relevant forums whilst not having an actual talk to forum. As you may have read and noticed recently the talk to forums themselves are evolving and will be more geared up to direct customer service forums for larger businesses. This requires a change in our relationship with Boards. After consulting with boards about the direction of the forums and the options open to us it has been decided that this particular talk to forum will be closed.

The good news however is that we will still be available on boards within the gaming forums and of course by PM to help out with any issues or questions boardsies may have on our site or gaming in general. We will also continue to offer boards exclusive discounts as before - just not from within a specific forum environment. Any outstanding queries will be dealt with via PM.

I'd like to thank all of you who have engaged with us on the forum here in the past - I'm looking forward to continuing this moving forward.

Pat
12 thanks
15.01.2013 23:43 #2
Well that's a shame Pat but I appreciate what you're saying. It makes a lot of sense.

I've really enjoyed this forum, while it mightn't have the same chat that a more standard forum has, there's still a bit of craic to be had here.

One thing I would suggest, if it's not too much work, is a PM list for offers. I have you on facebook and you have my email but I'd never miss an offer if it was PM'd to me here.

Thanks for your time and all the best.

Also, tbh I'll be glad not to have to check a talk-to forum because I can't stand the skin :pac:
2 thanks
16.01.2013 09:55 #3
Verified representative
Originally posted by Orim
Well that's a shame Pat but I appreciate what you're saying. It makes a lot of sense.

I've really enjoyed this forum, while it mightn't have the same chat that a more standard forum has, there's still a bit of craic to be had here.

One thing I would suggest, if it's not too much work, is a PM list for offers. I have you on facebook and you have my email but I'd never miss an offer if it was PM'd to me here.

Thanks for your time and all the best.

Also, tbh I'll be glad not to have to check a talk-to forum because I can't stand the skin

Hi Orim

That's actually a very good idea. We will look into the logistics of this :)
16.01.2013 09:56 #4
Wanted Level
Ah crap, I only have 5 forums favourited (word?) and this is one of them. I wasn't sure what the new skin was about but obviously other stuff going on in the background. Well at least you will still be active on boards Pat. Best of luck!

Slán Gamesnash forum!
1 thank
16.01.2013 10:14 #5
Verified representative
Originally posted by sheehy83
Ah crap, I only have 5 forums favourited (word?) and this is one of them. I wasn't sure what the new skin was about but obviously other stuff going on in the background. Well at least you will still be active on boards Pat. Best of luck!

Slán Gamesnash forum!

Hi sheehy83

As you alluded to it's not just a new skin. The ethos of the talk to forums is changing and to be honest IMO it's something that appears to  be more suitable to larger companies who can allocate resources and funds to use the forums as a distinct support / customer service avenue.

In practice our forum here has been more about interacting with boardsies, posting exclusive offers, answering general questions about gaming but very rarely a full blown support forum because (touch wood) we don't really have that many issues that require customer support and when we do we usually know about them because everyone here is involved hands on with everything that happens within the business. This would be different for example where someone has had a problem with their phone bill and can't get satisfaction through the billing dept so turns to the customer support dept to fight on their behalf etc.

Subject to the local gaming mods consent of course we will still be able to comment on general gaming threads from a retail perspective, answer any comments or queries about us and more importantly post exclusive deals etc from within the games forum itself which we suspect may work out better anyway as a lot of gamers are unaware of this forum.
1 thank
22.01.2013 03:08 #6
Originally posted by Gamesnash.ie: Pat
Hi sheehy83

As you alluded to it's not just a new skin. The ethos of the talk to forums is changing and to be honest IMO it's something that appears to  be more suitable to larger companies who can allocate resources and funds to use the forums as a distinct support / customer service avenue.

In practice our forum here has been more about interacting with boardsies, posting exclusive offers, answering general questions about gaming but very rarely a full blown support forum because (touch wood) we don't really have that many issues that require customer support and when we do we usually know about them because everyone here is involved hands on with everything that happens within the business. This would be different for example where someone has had a problem with their phone bill and can't get satisfaction through the billing dept so turns to the customer support dept to fight on their behalf etc.

Subject to the local gaming mods consent of course we will still be able to comment on general gaming threads from a retail perspective, answer any comments or queries about us and more importantly post exclusive deals etc from within the games forum itself which we suspect may work out better anyway as a lot of gamers are unaware of this forum.

Hiya Pat, as a long time user of Gamesnash long before you came to Boards I am sorry to see this forum going.  I also would like to be included on a PM list if possible.
1 thank
19.02.2013 19:19 #7
I can only agree with what's been said already. This was a great little corner of the website, and although I haven't visited many of the other Talk To forums, I think it's safe to say that this was one of the best-run, and had the most committed reps, so kudos all around

It's good to see you're not leaving entirely, and since I don't visit the Games forums very regularly you can definitely put me down for PM subscriptions if you get them up and running :)
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video