Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Electric Ireland Representatives

10 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 6pm
(excluding public holidays)

Climote

14.05.2020 18:02 #166
Verified representative
Hi dingding,

The Climote heating control/installation can be availed of as a special offer through Electric Ireland as per the Electric Ireland Shop - the latest home energy services/offers available through Electric Ireland are all on that site.

For Climote specific queries, contact Climote directly.

Kind regards,
Una
14.05.2020 19:29 #167
Originally posted by dingding
I see on the Climote site you have an immersion timer in planning.  I am very interested, you link to a youtube video on the site which is not available.

I would be interested to find out more and register for one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcrq7W0le-E

Doesn't give much more info about it though. I registered interest on the Climote website pre- covid... not holding my breath.
26.06.2020 09:35 #168
Hi all,

I'm going to be upgrading my boiler soon, and am considering getting a Climote at the same time.
But when looking into it I see some reviews mentioning a limitation of being only able to set 3 different time periods within the timeclock for the heating to come on. So I wanted to check if this was truly the case, or is the electronic time clock as flexible as the old physical time clock where you could have lots of different time periods set, say for a half hour each for 5 different times during the day?

Thanks.
26.06.2020 11:35 #169
Verified representative
Originally posted by scunermac
Hi all,

I'm going to be upgrading my boiler soon, and am considering getting a Climote at the same time.
But when looking into it I see some reviews mentioning a limitation of being only able to set 3 different time periods within the timeclock for the heating to come on. So I wanted to check if this was truly the case, or is the electronic time clock as flexible as the old physical time clock where you could have lots of different time periods set, say for a half hour each for 5 different times during the day?

Thanks.

Hi scunermac,

The dedicated Home Energy Services team can advise you regarding this query - their contact details are towards the end of the following page on the Electric Ireland website. Also, Climote themselves are available as follows.

Kind regards,
Una
26.06.2020 12:26 #170
Originally posted by scunermac
Hi all,

Thanks.

That is correct, you can have only 3 time periods in a day for each zone (upstairs, downstairs, water etc.). Now funny that you've mentioned it as I've been using Climote for good 4 or 5 years now and never have I noticed that: I just don't see the need for more in my personal experience.

I normally have 2 times for both water: one in the morning before waking up and one early afternoon, so that there's water for the evening; another 2 for downstairs heating for before I wake up and when I get back from work and 2 for bedrooms: before bed and again before waking up. It's very much "set and forget"...

What I do use much more often is boost and hold-off: so when I'm cold: i boost heat for specified time (half hour to 6 hours). Hold-off is the opposite: if my heating kicks in at 6pm in the evening, but I'm out for pints with lads, I set "Hold-off" for few of hours, so that the empty house wasn't getting heated :) 

Albo, because Climote can be controlled via text messages, it's easy to integrate it with iPhone workflows, and have one-tap or Siri Shortcuts to perform boosts and hold-offs.

Hope this helps :)

Dan
1 thank
26.06.2020 22:45 #171
Originally posted by danindub
That is correct, you can have only 3 time periods in a day for each zone (upstairs, downstairs, water etc.). Now funny that you've mentioned it as I've been using Climote for good 4 or 5 years now and never have I noticed that: I just don't see the need for more in my personal experience.

I normally have 2 times for both water: one in the morning before waking up and one early afternoon, so that there's water for the evening; another 2 for downstairs heating for before I wake up and when I get back from work and 2 for bedrooms: before bed and again before waking up. It's very much "set and forget"...

What I do use much more often is boost and hold-off: so when I'm cold: i boost heat for specified time (half hour to 6 hours). Hold-off is the opposite: if my heating kicks in at 6pm in the evening, but I'm out for pints with lads, I set "Hold-off" for few of hours, so that the empty house wasn't getting heated :) 

Albo, because Climote can be controlled via text messages, it's easy to integrate it with iPhone workflows, and have one-tap or Siri Shortcuts to perform boosts and hold-offs.

Hope this helps :)

Dan

Thanks Dan. Is the 3 time periods limitation only when using the iPhone App? Or also when using the hub itself as well?
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video