Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Google Nexus 7

11.07.2012 14:43 #61
Hi Declan
Just looking for your opinion here . I am reading a lot about this tablet and seeing a lot of people talking about the pros and cons and , most of all , people saying they are going to buy it . You on the other hand are seeing actual pre-orders . How successful do you think this tablet will be both at the launch and over time . I don't expect it to hit anywhere near Ipad figures but it does seem to have generated more buzz than any other tablet release I have seen in recent times .

John
11.07.2012 14:49 #62
Originally posted by jonski
Hi Declan
Just looking for your opinion here . I am reading a lot about this tablet and seeing a lot of people talking about the pros and cons and , most of all , people saying they are going to buy it . You on the other hand are seeing actual pre-orders . How successful do you think this tablet will be both at the launch and over time . I don't expect it to hit anywhere near Ipad figures but it does seem to have generated more buzz than any other tablet release I have seen in recent times .

John

Hi John, tablets have been a fascinating market as we've seen the winners and losers come and go as people have barrelled into the market. Ipad goes without saying and powers on unsurprisingly. This one looks promising from the numbers of pm's I'm getting. From my experience in the past all those who pre-order will follow through. We've only had the pre-order capability online for a couple of hours and there's a decent order flow of paying customers. So early indications point to a promsising level of interest.

We clearly have the early adopters here. The true measure of success will be as a mass market device and we're going to have to wait a few months for that.
1 thank
11.07.2012 15:31 #63
I've been lurking/keeping track of this thread for a while.
Cheers for all the info so far Declan! I have one question though.

Would it be safe to assume that if I pre-order now, I will receive it before July 25th? (I'm off for a bit then!)
1 thank
11.07.2012 15:56 #64
Originally posted by SeventhVoid
I've been lurking/keeping track of this thread for a while.
Cheers for all the info so far Declan! I have one question though.

Would it be safe to assume that if I pre-order now, I will receive it before July 25th? (I'm off for a bit then!)

I can't see that being a problem. The current indications are that we will receive stock in advance of the 19th and will hold it until launch day on the 19th. First thing that morning the web team will be processing all the pre-orders, DPD will be arriving with their van that afternoon and off we go from there. Should be fairly quick. We find with online orders in the morning that we'll get them out the following day and sometimes same day. It's quite quick. I won't write it in blood but i'd be very surprised.
11.07.2012 16:02 #65
This post has been deleted.
11.07.2012 16:05 #66
Very nice!
Thanks again for your help Declan!
1 thank
11.07.2012 18:38 #67
Could I get a confirmation of my PM Declan? Thanks.
11.07.2012 19:53 #68
Hi Declan, Just placed my pre-order online.
Want to say a big thanks for all the information you've provided.
Great Customer service.
Will be shopping again for sure.

Thanks again..
1 thank
11.07.2012 20:32 #69
Originally posted by MisterSun
Hi Declan, Just placed my pre-order online.
Want to say a big thanks for all the information you've provided.
Great Customer service.
Will be shopping again for sure.

Thanks again..

+1
1 thank
11.07.2012 20:35 #70
Request a read receipt for this message
That's just under the submit button when you're sending a PM, if you want to know when someone reads it you just tick it.
1 thank
11.07.2012 21:14 #71
Originally posted by RUCKING FETARD
That's just under the submit button when you're sending a PM, if you want to know when someone reads it you just tick it.

I learn something every day...
1 thank
11.07.2012 21:21 #72
Originally posted by Alpha101
Could I get a confirmation of my PM Declan? Thanks.

Yes, good to go. You're on the list
11.07.2012 21:58 #73
Folks, just a heads up. I'm out and about all day tomorrow so won't be acknowledging any pm's until tomorrow evening. Keep firing them in and don't worry, you'll be on the list.
1 thank
11.07.2012 22:39 #74
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list