Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm

"Charging paused. Voltage too high" error after updating Galaxy S2 to ICS.

09.05.2012 14:04 #1
I updated my S2 to ICS via Kies couple days ago. When I unplugged the charger this morning I was welcomed with the mentioned error notification. It keeps popping up every 30 secs and the battery icon is flashing. Extremely annoying and my Galaxy is unusable now. :mad:
I did some Googling and it looks like I am not the only one with this problem, and there's no way of getting it sorted.
What do I do now? I'm on 18 months plan, BTW.
09.05.2012 14:24 #2
Was it working fine after the update and then this suddenly happened? Have you tried a factory reset, or checking if there's an update as it might not have completed before?
09.05.2012 14:52 #3
It was working fine for a few days after updating until today. I just did factory reset and nothing has changed, the error is still there. No updates available for my phone.

The whole updating process went flawlessly few days ago, my phone was fully charged, no problems whatsoever
09.05.2012 15:15 #4
Originally posted by AndyTheDude
It was working fine for a few days after updating until today. I just did factory reset and nothing has changed, the error is still there. No updates available for my phone.

The whole updating process went flawlessly few days ago, my phone was fully charged, no problems whatsoever

I have the same problem. Factory reset doesnt work cleaning micro usb port doesnt work... Keep getting that info window popping up every 60sec...
09.05.2012 20:14 #5
this is wierd....i have the exact same issue and like everyone else the problem ONLY started this morning. Must have been an update that caused the issue if everybody here is experiencing the same issue. Ive just factory reset mine aswell and i think the problem is still there not sure though. If it is, its going back
09.05.2012 21:22 #6
I had the same problem too but only when I used my car charger. Normal charger is fine.
1 thank
10.05.2012 11:06 #7
Okay, there are two choices here as long as you're still covered by the warranty. You can bring the phone to a Three store to be sent away for a repair, or you can go directly to Fonemenders if that's handier for you.

In the meantime I'll check if this is a widespread issue with the S2.
10.05.2012 19:58 #8
I got my phone fixed today. I went to Fonemenders in Sandyford, excellent service there BTW, can't recommend them highly enough. They replaced the usb port and my phone is as good as new. :D

Thanks for your support, Sheena.
11.05.2012 09:08 #9
Originally posted by AndyTheDude
I got my phone fixed today. I went to Fonemenders in Sandyford, excellent service there BTW, can't recommend them highly enough. They replaced the usb port and my phone is as good as new. :D

Thanks for your support, Sheena.

Is this the solution to the problem for everyone else or are there still problems? How can everyones usb ports gone wrong after a software update?
1 thank
11.05.2012 09:43 #10
Banned
This problem is widespread with users who have flashed to ICS. It is a Samsung issue not a Three or Fonemenders issue.

http://samsunggalaxysf...sed-voltage-too-high

It is possible that ICS is more sensitive to 'shorting' than previous OS's were. One plausible solution is to get a can of compressed air and blast the USB port :)

http://samsunggalaxysf...viewfull=1#post59725
1 thank
11.05.2012 11:14 #11
Originally posted by Sponge Bob
This problem is widespread with users who have flashed to ICS. It is a Samsung issue not a Three or Fonemenders issue.

http://samsunggalaxysf...sed-voltage-too-high

It is possible that ICS is more sensitive to 'shorting' than previous OS's were. One plausible solution is to get a can of compressed air and blast the USB port :)

http://samsunggalaxysf...viewfull=1#post59725
so we should receive an update fix soon??..right?...
11.05.2012 11:25 #12
Banned
Don't flash a Galaxy to ICS until Samsung sort out _whatever_ it is and release a new version of ICS that isn't so trigger happy with suspect over voltage 'issues' .

Did Samsung get rid of all the default apps like boards.ie and adverts.ie yet. ?? :D
14.05.2012 18:11 #13
Hi all,

I've got the same issue. It started on Saturday morning, I've backed up and restored the phone-doesn't help. It's up to date according to Kies so I really don't know what to try next. Sheena, what would you recommend? I'm with 3 by the way.

Thanks,

Jack
15.05.2012 11:04 #14
Originally posted by JackyB86
Hi all,

I've got the same issue. It started on Saturday morning, I've backed up and restored the phone-doesn't help. It's up to date according to Kies so I really don't know what to try next. Sheena, what would you recommend? I'm with 3 by the way.

Thanks,

Jack

If you've already tried a factory reset then it would be best to bring it to a Three store or Fonemenders to have it sent for a repair.

Although I've seen a few people online recommending turning it off and leaving it unplugged from a charger for an hour, that has worked for a few people if you want to try that first.

Keep us posted as to how you get on Jack.
16.05.2012 09:30 #15
Hi All,

It seems that (touch wood) the problem has solved itself. Unless there was an update pushed to my phone that I didn't see. When I plug in and unplug it works normally. Fingers crossed it carries on working.
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon