Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

O2 Representatives

2 hrs
Response Time
92%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9.00am - 10.00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 10.30am - 7.00pm

Getting a phone unlocked

08.05.2012 11:57 #1
A friend of the family recently passed away, her son is going travelling soon and wants to bring his mum's old phone with him to use while travelling. He's currently on Meteor and tested out his sim on her phone and it didn't work, it seems the phone is locked to O2.

They asked me if I could contact someone at O2 to see what they need to do to get it unlocked.

So, what needs to be done?

As far as I know she had the phone for a good few months before she went to hospital. It's a Sony Ericsson Cedar J108i.
08.05.2012 12:04 #2
If you ring customer care and ask them for the network unlock code they will request it from the phone manufacturer for you. You have to have registered the phone on 02.ie and spent €150 since it was registered.

Shouldn't be too much of a problem
08.05.2012 12:07 #3
Verified representative
Hi.

I am sorry to hear of your friend's recent loss.

He can request the unlocking code for the phone here: Hi, you can request the code here: http://www.o2online.ie...rticle.php?aid=55730 There is a minimum €150 topup requirement before we can retrieve the code but once this is met he'll have no difficulty unlocking it to accept any sim card.
08.05.2012 12:13 #4
Thanks very much, I'll contact the family and ask if they have her login info or if they know if the phone was even registered in the first place.
08.05.2012 12:15 #5
Verified representative
You're very welcome. They can actually request this code without having registered on www.o2.ie.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video