Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Black Widow Keyboards

10.02.2012 14:21 #1
Just went in to my local PC World in Galway, interested in buying a new mechanical keyboard and I saw the Razer Black Widow Ultimate on sale for €250! The Razer site advertises it for €130 and the PC World UK site is advertising it at £110, is this an error?

http://www.pcworld.co....display~RR~~11284372

http://store.razerzone.../productID.210841600
10.02.2012 14:32 #2
Originally posted by MikeJK
Just went in to my local PC World in Galway, interested in buying a new mechanical keyboard and I saw the Razer Black Widow Ultimate on sale for €250! The Razer site advertises it for €130 and the PC World UK site is advertising it at £110, is this an error?

http://www.pcworld.co....display~RR~~11284372

http://store.razerzone.../productID.210841600

I'd say it is ! Don't like that at all as it makes us look like we're taking the mick. We have automated systems to price these kinds of products relative to the UK price and it looks like the formulae have gone awry here. I'll get my guys on the job. Thanks for the heads up
10.02.2012 14:51 #3
Originally posted by Currys & PC World: Declan
I'd say it is ! Don't like that at all as it makes us look like we're taking the mick. We have automated systems to price these kinds of products relative to the UK price and it looks like the formulae have gone awry here. I'll get my guys on the job. Thanks for the heads up

Thanks Declan, you might ask them to check all their gaming keyboards, they all seem to be overpriced but not as obviously as that, for example, the Steelseries 6GV2 is €130 there vs £85 (approx. €100) on the UK site and the same seems to be the case with the Logitech keyboards.

I'd love to buy locally but price differences like that are pushing me away.
Last edited by MikeJK: 10.02.2012 at 14:56.
10.02.2012 15:24 #4
Thanks Declan, you might ask them to check all their gaming keyboards, they all seem to be overpriced but not as obviously as that, for example, the Steelseries 6GV2 is €130 there vs £85 (approx. €100) on the UK site and the same seems to be the case with the Logitech keyboards.

It's € 129.99 from tomorrow. My guys are telling me that the automated system we have had to be adjusted for the VAT change and a variety of funnies like this came out of that. I'll have the guys do a scan of all the keyboards. Thanks again. The guy who owns these categories in our office here does a few thousand products so it can be tough to keep up with.
10.02.2012 15:56 #5
Originally posted by Currys & PC World: Declan
It's € 129.99 from tomorrow. My guys are telling me that the automated system we have had to be adjusted for the VAT change and a variety of funnies like this came out of that. I'll have the guys do a scan of all the keyboards. Thanks again. The guy who owns these categories in our office here does a few thousand products so it can be tough to keep up with.

Wow, I did not expect anything that quickly (or any reduction that big!). Thanks, I can tell you there'll be one less in stock in Galway on Monday morning. :)

Edit: I have to say I'm very impressed, I'm so used to either being ignored or given the run around from companies over things like this it's actually a bit of a shock that something came out of it. Thanks again!
Last edited by MikeJK: 10.02.2012 at 15:59. Reason: English sentences r good!
10.02.2012 15:59 #6
Wow, I did not expect anything that quickly (or any reduction that big!). Thanks, I can tell you there'll be one less in stock in Galway on Monday morning. :)

Edit: I have to say I'm very impressed, I'm so used to either being ignored or given the run around from companies over things like this it's actually a bit of a shock that something came out of it. Thanks again!

T'was a cock up, it should never have been that price to begin with ! And without your kind intervention it might have stayed that way for a while, so we're all winning here. Cheers again.
10.02.2012 18:12 #7

We've done these too so all should be ok now. Thanks again
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon