Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm

Three Megathread 2008

26.12.2008 22:49 #2311
will do thanks im not paying the €75 i signed no contract with 3 and their customer service is a disgrace
27.12.2008 17:09 #2312
Originally posted by xxmarymoxx
will do thanks im not paying the €75 i signed no contract with 3 and their customer service is a disgrace

get in touch with ComReg as they are pretty good at sorting issues with billing etc.
28.12.2008 13:21 #2313
Originally posted by thewools
Anyone know how to connect 3 mobile to an Acer one laptop - the girlfriend got one for Xmas!! I have no idea??

It uses a Linux based operating system which doesnt support 3 mobile but surely there has to be a way??

Any ideas? Im stuck?

Still no joy - have searched the net for help but nothing specific enough to help me out...

Is a E169 from 3... :-(
28.12.2008 14:52 #2314
Originally posted by Wantitnow
3's system is useless at keeping at accurate record of data use, I use BW Meter and if I check my actual usage and compare it with their figure its always totally different. I remember several other people on this thread have had huge bills for data they didn't use. On the bill from 3 it shows the data usage, days and times of connection, check that against the browser history on the kids computer, that should give you some idea of whether its real or not.

You can register for a My3 account at the following address:
https://my3.three.ie this will give accurate information on your data usage, remaining balance and any charges being incurred if you go over your limit.:)
28.12.2008 16:32 #2315
is there a way to increase the 10gb limit by buying extra gb's say another 10gb for another 5 euro, the 10gb limit is starting to look awfully small as quality and file size is getting bigger and bigger
28.12.2008 17:40 #2316
yeah the 10gb is a bit of a joke at times! Id quite happily pay an extra few quid to get a few extra GB
28.12.2008 22:20 #2317
surely they have got to change this soon, maybe if everyone complains they may up it to 20gb, in my opinion there shouldn't be a limit, or they should offer a subscription of say 30euro for unlimited

everybody start to complain

I actually thought someone here mentioned you could get extra gb bolton but they just don't advertise it.
28.12.2008 22:27 #2318
Bast*rd! I was getting 1.5 MB yesterday and now I'm only getting 250 kbps (around 600 at it's peak and 170 at it's lowest ebb). I wanted to watch a bloody football match today and all. :mad:
30.12.2008 22:45 #2319
Originally posted by thewools
Still no joy - have searched the net for help but nothing specific enough to help me out...

Is a E169 from 3... :-(

Is there a mobile partner program in the connect menu?
If there isn't you will need to connect the laptop to a different internet connection (it will need to be broadband as you will need to download about 100mb.)
When you are connected to the internet go to the settings menu and select update manager when you recieve the list of available updates keep clicking the down arrow to get to the bottom of the list and check the update named "hauwei CM XXXXXXXX" (XXXXXXX indicates version number of software which changes regularly) and then click install (it will install many other updates which you may not need as well but you can not uncheck them)
Once that is done "mobile partner" will become avaiable" in the connect menu.
I hope this helps.

I'm sorry if i have misspelled some words and for the general layout of this message.
31.12.2008 15:37 #2320
hi i want to go on the internet on my unlocked nokia n73 but the 3 people wont give me the internet setting if someone have the setting can you please post them and i am actually with vodafone but i just want to go on the 3's internet.
thank you
31.12.2008 16:06 #2321
Working canny for me today. :)

31.12.2008 16:31 #2322
Using this on my brothers connection over Xmas, still crap in my parents area. Took over 12 hours to download Gran Turismo: Prologue over it. 2GB download.

Absolutely appalling compared to my Digiweb connection.
31.12.2008 20:04 #2323
Originally posted by saleem
hi i want to go on the internet on my unlocked nokia n73 but the 3 people wont give me the internet setting if someone have the setting can you please post them and i am actually with vodafone but i just want to go on the 3's internet.
thank you

your phone or modem needs a SIM from 3. Otherwise even with correct settings it can't connect. Else people could use 3 for free.

A vodaphone SIM onlylets you use Vodaphone.
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon