Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Currys & PC World Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Store opening hours/staffing levels

13.11.2011 12:45 #1
Commander of The Internet
I decided to be clever and beat the rush in Blanchardstown this morning and headed to the centre shortly after opening at 11am. Unfortunately though, neither of the Currys stores open until 12. Apart from being a pain in the ass for me personally, it just doesn't seem to make sense when everything else opens an hour earlier and there are a lot of people around, especially in the run-up to Christmas. Any particular reason for this?

I went into the store in the centre at about 12.02 and there was already a good crowd in there. Unfortunately apart from two people on tills and one guy behind a counter who was already pretty busy, there didn't seem to be any staff. After looking for some I gave up and went over to the retail park, where there seemed to be plenty of staff. Again, this doesn't seem sensible and surely some extra staff could be moved over from the retail park if the centre is understaffed?
13.11.2011 15:10 #2
Originally posted by Zaph
I decided to be clever and beat the rush in Blanchardstown this morning and headed to the centre shortly after opening at 11am. Unfortunately though, neither of the Currys stores open until 12. Apart from being a pain in the ass for me personally, it just doesn't seem to make sense when everything else opens an hour earlier and there are a lot of people around, especially in the run-up to Christmas. Any particular reason for this?

I went into the store in the centre at about 12.02 and there was already a good crowd in there. Unfortunately apart from two people on tills and one guy behind a counter who was already pretty busy, there didn't seem to be any staff. After looking for some I gave up and went over to the retail park, where there seemed to be plenty of staff. Again, this doesn't seem sensible and surely some extra staff could be moved over from the retail park if the centre is understaffed?

Thanks for the heads up and apologies for a less than optimal customer experience. Hardenough to get people to shop these days so need to get it right.

I was aware the shopping centre opened at 12 but thought the retail park opened at 11. Just checked online and see that both open at 12.00. I would imagine that Christmas trading hours will see us moving to 11 but Chrismtas hasn't really kicked off yet. Opening hours are somewhat less than they were back in the day and that's simply a reflection of cutting the costs as tight as possible to keep the pricing as keen as we can. You try to do this without a compromise on service.

Re the staffing levels, both stores in Blanchardstown are run by the same manager and we do have a system in place where staff transfer from one store to another when one or other gets busy. The centre does sound very light this morning and I'll pass the feedback onto Mark the store manager. Thanks for taking the time to post.
1 thank
16.11.2011 01:08 #3
Commander of The Internet
Just as a follow up on this as credit should be given where it's due. On Sunday I was looking to buy a Kindle but they were out of stock and I was told in the retail park branch they were getting a delivery at lunchtime today. I dropped in around 5.30 and was told that they hadn't been delivered yet. When I mentioned that I was told the delivery would be earlier in the day the guy went to check and found that they had been delivered but weren't yet up on the system. He said it would be another hour at least, but that they had them in stock in Liffey Valley. I thanked him and said that wasn't really much use to me as I only live a couple of minutes away from Blanch. I was prepared to come back an hour later, but before I got a chance to say I'd be back the guy told me that he'd get someone to get me one from the stockroom and that he could put it through somehow so that it didn't mess up the inventory count. Saved me a return trip, so fair play to him it was much appreciated. :)
1 thank
16.11.2011 22:47 #4
Originally posted by Zaph
Just as a follow up on this as credit should be given where it's due. On Sunday I was looking to buy a Kindle but they were out of stock and I was told in the retail park branch they were getting a delivery at lunchtime today. I dropped in around 5.30 and was told that they hadn't been delivered yet. When I mentioned that I was told the delivery would be earlier in the day the guy went to check and found that they had been delivered but weren't yet up on the system. He said it would be another hour at least, but that they had them in stock in Liffey Valley. I thanked him and said that wasn't really much use to me as I only live a couple of minutes away from Blanch. I was prepared to come back an hour later, but before I got a chance to say I'd be back the guy told me that he'd get someone to get me one from the stockroom and that he could put it through somehow so that it didn't mess up the inventory count. Saved me a return trip, so fair play to him it was much appreciated. :)

I'll definitely compliment the store on that one. Don't let the inventory system get in the way of a satisfied customer !!
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video