Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Komplett Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Accepted Cards and Payment Types

02.05.2014 19:22 #76
Originally posted by Sam Russell
I tried to buy a computer from Komplett but they denied my credit card so I tried another one and that was denied too.  So I phoned them and after a log log long wait they said my card was not 3D secure (whatever that is) and I should contact my bank which I did.  They said (after a long long long wait) that my card was not compatible with 3D Secure and that it was a mistake on the merchants part. 

So no computer.  I will have to look elsewhere.  Pity, because they used to be good.

I'm on here for exactly the same reason. I'm using a visa debit card (Ulster Bank) and I'm not quite sure why it would be denied. I also contacted my bank and they were unsure of what the problem was, stating that it should work.

I was looking to build a high end PC, so I was spending quite a bit of money. I'd imagine we're not the only people with this problem there must be a lot of cash being spent elsewhere.
02.05.2014 23:07 #77
I have found out that the type of card I have cannot be used with 3D Secure.  I have to get a new card (new application) and that will take two weeks.  The Visa card uses 'Verified by Visa' which is a simillar effort.  I tried with my Visa Debit and that worked.

Not happy.
03.05.2014 10:54 #78
I have found out that the type of card I have cannot be used with 3D Secure.  I have to get a new card (new application) and that will take two weeks.  The Visa card uses 'Verified by Visa' which is a simillar effort.  I tried with my Visa Debit and that worked.

Not happy.

I opted for Amazon.co.uk instead. Their prices are relatively the same. The overall cost came to about €60 euro more after delivery. If you don't have a problem with spending that little extra they might be a good alternative. Otherwise you could try OverclockersUK, Dabs.ie, Elera.ie QuietPC.com or MemoryC.ie. I haven't tried them all, but they were recommended to me by other members on here. Hope you get it sorted! 
03.05.2014 15:00 #79
Originally posted by ElectricEchoes

Not happy.

I opted for Amazon.co.uk instead. Their prices are relatively the same. The overall cost came to about €60 euro more after delivery. If you don't have a problem with spending that little extra they might be a good alternative. Otherwise you could try OverclockersUK, Dabs.ie, Elera.ie QuietPC.com or MemoryC.ie. I haven't tried them all, but they were recommended to me by other members on here. Hope you get it sorted! 

I am sorted but I had to use a debit card which does not give the same consumer rights, but if it gets delivered that will not matter.
04.07.2014 20:48 #80
Tried credit card (Visa), tried PayPal, no joy!
Spoke to my card provider, and card is OK, but rejection seems to be related to 3D Secure, which I don't have. Or something.
Disappointed.

Will try other retailer...
05.07.2014 09:07 #81
3D secure is a method used by credit cards and is additive to your Visa card.  I had to get new credit cards because it could not be added to my then credit card as it was a shared account.  It was added to my Visa Debit card and so I could proceed.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video