Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm

Three Mobile Broadband -THE PROBLEMS M-M-MEGATHREAD! 2009

17.01.2009 01:58 #61
Originally posted by deprofundus
Hi All,

Yes, I have also moronically signed up to a contract, the coverage in the Midlands to Dublin, which I bought the thing for, to log on in the train etc. Well hitting your head against the wall and screaming can be fun for those with severe autism, maybe this is who three are trying to grab the attention of, or, dont be offended have a disabled sib myself, just this is just about the comical point of three providing a service on the Athlone to Dublin route.

Interestingly, a wee lad was sitting beside me with his O2 mobile broadband on the same lign and the bastard was sailing. I was sickened.

And, also please note I am not a staff member of 02, and also I have looked at some of the responses to some of the comments and it really looks like the loyal staff of three have been on. So, if this is true, please improve your service, or, and I mean, or, I will be gone the first day my contract is finished.

Yours disgruntled.

Dr deprofundus:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Did you really think you would have a stable unbroken hsdpa link all the way from Athlone to Dublin?! :rolleyes:
17.01.2009 14:56 #62
but someone else on 3 is

Your IP address 193.120.116.179 is already downloading a file. Please wait until the download is completed
18.01.2009 23:37 #63
I am having severe issues with 3 the last 2 or so days.

It is basically disconnecting every 30 or so seconds.

I have done everything from:

Shouting at it - Disconnecting and reconnecting it and nothing seems to work :(

I'll be ringing them tomorrow :@

Here is a speed test:

19.01.2009 16:21 #64
Originally posted by CutzEr
I am having severe issues with 3 the last 2 or so days.

It is basically disconnecting every 30 or so seconds.

I have done everything from:

Shouting at it - Disconnecting and reconnecting it and nothing seems to work :(

I'll be ringing them tomorrow :@

Here is a speed test:

Me 2 mate my connection is too up and down its so frustrating, jumping from 400kbs down to 0 in a flash just take a look at my speed test below its an absolute atrosity:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Oh and lads is there a difference in speed between prepay and billpay mobile bb im on prepay and im from clondalkin im sick to death of poor isp :mad:
19.01.2009 19:31 #65
Originally posted by matty84

Oh and lads is there a difference in speed between prepay and billpay mobile bb im on prepay and im from clondalkin im sick to death of poor isp :mad:

There's no difference. You have issues though, that's bloody awful. Have you got the dongle on a table, sticking out of a laptop USB port, or at the end of a USB extension lead, maybe pinned up against a window?

That can make a huge improvement.

You're basically accessing 'broadband' using mobile phone technology, so, it is at risk of the exact same problems, bad signals depending on where you are in your home.. where you are in a room. whether you're close to a window or not etc.
19.01.2009 20:30 #66
Originally posted by Amalgam
There's no difference. You have issues though, that's bloody awful. Have you got the dongle on a table, sticking out of a laptop USB port, or at the end of a USB extension lead, maybe pinned up against a window?

That can make a huge improvement.

You're basically accessing 'broadband' using mobile phone technology, so, it is at risk of the exact same problems, bad signals depending on where you are in your home.. where you are in a room. whether you're close to a window or not etc.

Hi mate thanks for the reply, i have the dongle sticking out of the laptop usb port, plus that is the best speed ive got all day its after taking me nearly half an hour to get a proper connection to post this reply:eek::(:(:(

Any ideas how i could speed my connection up or get a better signal???thanks in advance:(
19.01.2009 22:10 #67
guys,

I am telling you something has changed i have for past 6 months got super speeds etc.

Then 3 weeks ago it started dropping and going from 181kps to zero in a flash.

On saturday night it seemed to have been resolved ......but no its back to being worse tha dial up.

mark
galway
abbeyknockmoy
20.01.2009 00:43 #68
Didn't get around to ringing 3.

Will either email them and request a call-back (probably)
Or ring them via freephone (not probably :P)
20.01.2009 02:27 #69
Still going well for me top speed 2772 tonight shame i'm moving soon though. I'm on the old e220 as well.
21.01.2009 11:42 #70
Speeds have been terrible for me for the last month. It rarely goes over 100kbps and sits at 0 - 10kbps most of the time.I rang Three twice and the first time they told me it was the weather, and they cant do diagnostic tests because of the weather. The second time I rang them they told me the network was undergoing upgrades and will be back to normal soon.

I have full signal bars all the time (Im only 3km away from the ridge of capard with line of sight to their mast) and even with full signal it drops back from HSDPA to 3G most of the time.Im sick of ringing them and complaining.
21.01.2009 17:41 #71
Has anyone updated firmware on the E169G modem?

3s firmware is outdated (as usual) new firmware might improve connection, mine sucks and constantly drops to 0k/sec

have to keep disconnecting and connecting what crap

I cant update the firmware without a password, calling 3 for a password is not an option, might as well just shoot a bullet through my forehead
22.01.2009 09:44 #72
:eek: RTE.IE
3 Ireland deal to finally deliver on broadband
Thursday, 22 January 2009 08:32

Every person in the country, anywhere in the country, will be able to avail of broadband high-speed internet services within 21 months.

That is according to Communications Minister, Eamon Ryan, who will announce details of a deal signed with communications company, 3 Ireland, later this morning.

Around 10% of the population is without broadband, because these people live in the one third of the country deemed by IT companies to be remote and therefore not financially attractive.
Advertisement

To ensure universal coverage, Communications Minister Eamon Ryan is to sign a contract with 3 Ireland and thereby ensure every part of the country is connected within 21 months.

This multi-million euro investment will undoubtedly be welcomed by both companies and the public currently deprived of what is deemed to be an essential service.

Yet broadband rollout was supposed to happen by the end of 2009. This was pushed back by Minister Ryan last October to mid-2010.
22.01.2009 10:04 #73
See here:
http://www.boards.ie/v...055306977&page=4

It's been discussed for some time.

Also here:
http://www.boards.ie/v...55427127&page=11

and generally at Ireland Offline
http://www.boards.ie/v...orumdisplay.php?f=60

Much more than 10% can't get BB. The scheme does not help the 10% to 20% in already covered areas that can't get BB.

"3" will be using their 3G/HSDPA. We know how much like High Speed Broadband that is apart from the issues of 3 that O2 don't have such as proxies, IP ranges, backhaul, mail reliability.

Every person in the country, anywhere in the country, will be able to avail of broadband high-speed internet services within 21 months.

This statement from the Minister thus contains two lies, assuming the 21 months is adhered to.
1 thank
22.01.2009 10:06 #74
wazzoraybelle, that's the news that Three have been given the National Broadband Scheme contract. Discussion here.
22.01.2009 10:18 #75
Don't like to be smug but I got this this morning:

I was rather pleased. :) Having said that the service has been off the air a few times recently. :(
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video