Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm

Three Mobile Broadband -THE PROBLEMS M-M-MEGATHREAD! 2009

15.01.2009 12:31 #46
At this minute I'm getting 24.0 to 36.0 Mbps from the router and I'm paying for up to 3Mb with Eircom home plus
15.01.2009 12:53 #47
Originally posted by 1Barney
At this minute I'm getting 24.0 to 36.0 Mbps from the router and I'm paying for up to 3Mb with Eircom home plus

That's your LAN/Wifi speed, and has nothing to do with the broadband. If you're using Wifi, then a poor signal can impact on the broadband speed that you get.

Connect the router to your PC with an Ethernet cable, and do a speed test on www.speedtest.net. Post the result.
15.01.2009 13:40 #48
this is what I got (pls see attached jpg)

Attached Images

15.01.2009 14:26 #49
quick question. Is there any difference in performance between the E169G modem and the older E220?

I have an unlocked E220, it's a couple of years old now and I'm thinking of stcking a 3 simcard in it.

Thanks
15.01.2009 15:55 #50
Originally posted by 1Barney
this is what I got (pls see attached jpg)

Your upload is about what you'd expect from 3M (384kbps max, but will never be that much), but your download is only about half. This is with a wired connection, right?

You could remove everything from all phone points in your house, except the DSL modem, then restart the modem, and run the test again. Equipment on your own line can sometimes cause speed issues.

Overall though, I would not consider switching from DSL to Three, unless the DSL stops altogether.

I've created a new thread in the broadband forum, with your questions and the replies so far, since they are not relative to this thread, and you'll get more response there.
Thread here.

Originally posted by spectre
quick question. Is there any difference in performance between the E169G modem and the older E220?

I have an unlocked E220, it's a couple of years old now and I'm thinking of stcking a 3 simcard in it.

Thanks

The modem shouldn't make a difference. The E220 will work up to 7.2Mbps (may need a firmware update for this), and as of yet, the networks are still using 3.6Mbps. Future speed increases, beyond 7.2Mbps, will be a few years off, so I'd use away on the E220.
1 thank
15.01.2009 16:47 #51
Originally posted by jor el

The modem shouldn't make a difference. The E220 will work up to 7.2Mbps (may need a firmware update for this), and as of yet, the networks are still using 3.6Mbps. Future speed increases, beyond 7.2Mbps, will be a few years off, so I'd use away on the E220.

There even seems to be a preference for the E220 on some forums, less finnicky with a dodgy signal.
15.01.2009 16:50 #52
15.01.2009 16:58 #53
does the low upload speed of 52 explain why i cant use msn live messenger vidio call i can see people but we cant talk it sounds like feedback,
15.01.2009 17:45 #54
Has anyone had any problems getting the 50 euro deposit for the modem back from 3?

They say they cannot give me the deposit back unless I provide evidence that I paid one. I paid for the bloody thing on their website over 9 months ago

What the feck like?
What a bunch of incompetent tools.
15.01.2009 22:54 #55
Hi All,

Yes, I have also moronically signed up to a contract, the coverage in the Midlands to Dublin, which I bought the thing for, to log on in the train etc. Well hitting your head against the wall and screaming can be fun for those with severe autism, maybe this is who three are trying to grab the attention of, or, dont be offended have a disabled sib myself, just this is just about the comical point of three providing a service on the Athlone to Dublin route.

Interestingly, a wee lad was sitting beside me with his O2 mobile broadband on the same lign and the bastard was sailing. I was sickened.

And, also please note I am not a staff member of 02, and also I have looked at some of the responses to some of the comments and it really looks like the loyal staff of three have been on. So, if this is true, please improve your service, or, and I mean, or, I will be gone the first day my contract is finished.

Yours disgruntled.

Dr deprofundus:mad::mad::mad::mad:
15.01.2009 23:56 #56
Originally posted by deprofundus
Well hitting your head against the wall and screaming can be fun for those with severe autism, maybe this is who three are trying to grab the attention of, or, dont be offended have a disabled sib myself, just this is just about the comical point of three providing a service on the Athlone to Dublin route.

Only have MODERATE Autism - Asperger's - but to be honest hitting my head against a wall and screaming is preferable to using 3.

Whats your excuse?
16.01.2009 00:00 #57

this is on gf's vodafone :eek:
16.01.2009 00:10 #58
I'm back to normal after last weekends issues

16.01.2009 07:51 #59
Originally posted by poindexter

this is on gf's vodafone :eek:

Swings and roundabouts, better upload.. :D
16.01.2009 09:51 #60
Originally posted by vince
does the low upload speed of 52 explain why i cant use msn live messenger vidio call i can see people but we cant talk it sounds like feedback,

More than likely.... its certainly what I would be putting my money on.... :p
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon