Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Vodafone Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 10am - 2pm

Frequently Asked Questions

28.03.2011 15:51 #1
Hi folks,
To assist us in answering your queries, we’ve compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions that provide help for a number of topics that pop up on a regular basis, please feel free to offer suggestions for further topics that you feel may help.

Landline broadband

Why has my line speed fallen?
If a line fault or internal issue is disrupting your speed, the test systems will lower your service to compensate while the issue is being investigated – if this happens to you, we’d recommend the steps here to rule out a number of internal faults, and also PMing us so we can reset the speed and resolve any line based issues. Please also include the following information in this PM:
Your landline number:
Your name:
An alternative contact number:
Your date of birth:
The address the account is registered to:
Whether you get a dial tone with a handset connected directly to the main phone socket:
Whether you can successfully reach 1777 when dialling from the main socket:
A description of the issue:
Whether you have completed the steps linked above, and if there were any you had difficulty with:

Pay As You Go

I am getting error PP-BP-40 when registering a phone, what can I do?
Send over the mobile number and IMEI number to us, and we’ll register this for you – credit will be added 30 days after the registration date, and you will need to top up by 20 euros (or a higher amount) in one go to activate the credit. Also see below for offers that can be applied when you top up.

What special offers are available to me as a Pay As You Go (PAYG) customer?
We offer a range of top up bonuses to suit your budget, you can find details of these right here.
We also offer Vodafone cherry points, a reward system for our PAYG customers, that gives free topups, phones and other bonuses.

My credit is less than I expected / My credit seems to be dropping without me using it.
Do you have a smartphone with automatic updates enabled, or have you signed up to a premium text service?
These are the most common causes of credit being used indirectly.
Smartphones can pull down updates from social networking sites, email applications and other functions, leaving sites or apps running can also allow a continual data connection.
Whilst most smartphones include a WiFi function, this is usually switched off by the phone when in idle mode, and any further connections will be made over the 3G network until you ‘wake’ the phone up again.
To avoid this, make sure that automatic notifications/connections are switched off, and that you have a good idea of how much data these applications use so you can budget accordingly.

Premium text messages are those that deliver a service via a third party content provider (such as a joke of the day, football or lotto results) in return for a fee per message, they will normally be identified as being from a five digit number.
If you have subscribed to one of these services, and would like to opt out, simply send a text message back to the 5 digit number, containing the word ‘stop’. The provider will then switch off the service, though please allow a couple of days for the request to be actioned.
If you feel further action is required, the relevant area of the Communications Regulators site is here, this will allow you to contact the service provider directly, and raise any issues to the regulator.

General Mobile Queries

I’m getting error 10.163.18.69:80/XMPBLOCKED/HOLDING while browsing the internet on my phone, what can I do?
This is an age restriction on your mobile number – as some sites are not suitable for younger users, there is a filtering system in place to protect them.
This filter can be easily removed depending on your customer type:
Billpay customers can PM us the mobile number, date of birth and package plan, and we’ll remove the restriction for you.
PAYG customers can pop into a Vodafone store with photo ID, and an agent can remove the restriction within a couple of minutes – if you’re under 18, you’ll need a parent or guardian to pop in with you.

I need to remove the network lock from my phone and I’m not able to do so via the website, how do I do this?
Some handsets may already be unlocked, so it’s worth trying a different operators SIM card before contacting us.
Just send us over your mobile number, IMEI number of the phone you wish to unlock, date of birth and package plan, and we’ll get this requested for you.
As the handsets are heavily subsidised by us, there are some criteria to meet, and these are detailed below:
Billpay customers need to have been connected for 6 months or have spent 200 euros since connection – iPhones are a special case, and are only unlocked at the end of the 18 month contract period.
PAYG customers need to have topped up by at least 127 euros (not including bonus credit) over the last 6 months for the first unlock, further unlocks require a higher amount.
11.04.2011 13:00 #2
When will the website function fully and as expected by customers of a large Telecommunications Company?
2 thanks
26.04.2011 14:49 #3
Originally posted by DavyD_83
When will the website function fully and as expected by customers of a large Telecommunications Company?

Hiya,
That's a fair question, and one we're addressing here.

The purpose of these FAQs is to enable us to better manage our time, by allowing us to answer the most frequent support related questions without posting - meaning we have more time to devote to the trickier queries.
10.05.2011 14:25 #4
I am experiencing a mobile coverage issue, how do I report this?

Coverage issues can be caused by a number of factors, so to narrow down the probable causes we need the below information, which is sent on to our networks team for investigation.
It is important to include specific information, as our networks team run traces on individual calls - without specific times, dates and locations the team cannot investigate the issue - i.e "5/5/11, 12.23PM at number 1 testing street, Dublin" would be a very helpful example - whereas: "between 9 and 5 yesterday" or "all the time" won't be specific enough to run the traces.

Please PM over the following information to one of the team, and we'll escalate for you - for data issues, please substitute connection times for call details:

Mobile number affected:
Alternative contact number:
Is the issue with mobile voice services or data:
The address where the issue occurs:
3 specific dates and times when the issue occurred (for example: 5/5/11, 12.23PM), as well as what happened each time:
  • Example 1:
  • Example 2:
  • Example 3:
Does this issue occur outside the building, inside the building or both - is there a large drop in signal once you are inside:
09.06.2011 16:58 #5
Non FAQ related posts moved to a new thread. Don't use this thread for general queries. Further OT posts will simply be deleted.
2 thanks
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon