Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Vodafone Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 10am - 2pm

Poll
Question: Is Vodafone the worst Broadband you have ever had?

Is Vodafone @ Home Broadband the worst broadband you have ever had?

06.09.2010 17:52 #1
Is Vodafone the poorest broadband you have have ever had?

Yes In my opinion .Poor unreliable service .Absolutely no accountability when /if the service shows signs of being dramatically less than adequate ,poor customer service in these instances blaming the customer from start to finish even though hey have no evidence that points towards this conclusion .Blatant Non answer of pertinent questions regarding these issues "a sweep the problem under the carpet attitude" .A company with no moral code or common sense i.e If the problem can not be fixed simply ,then there is no problem (on our side) at all mentality. We have been on to these guys for months without any satisfication ,running around in circles and jumping through hoops!

Here is original post from my mobile phone (no internet at the time)in consumer forum, this thread was then sent to this (Vodafone) forum on 26/08, we were conveniently ignored until 01/09. I decided to create a new thread in consumer forum.,i promptly received a reply soon after. How convenient

Hi,any thoughts appreciated,we were with bt for a year with no probs, fast 3mb broadband connection.-could stream media.,access hotmail instantly etc. Bascically we were happy with the service we were paying for

-we were told by numerous letters that vodafone were taking over from bt- and that we did not have to do anyting and that the service would not change-except ever since the 1 day we changed our broadband details with vodafone- our broadband went to hell ie extremely slow,random disconnections,we had no reason not to believe them and we thought this may have been a temp chang over prob.

Then we began to believe that our terrible slow connection was because our computer was too old and rubbish,it was 10 years old so this was true!
,so we put up with it for a few months- -eventually decided to spend alot on a new computer expecting a much improved difference in our internet as well--except it made no difference at all-it still took us over 20 seconds to access hotmail, we could not stream media without immediate disruption- added onto this we had constant unexplainable disconnections,freezing- to sum up,we had a fast reliabe service with bt , now we have the opposite with vodafone,

We are actually posting from . mobile now .Vodafone are pretty much saying tough ****,that they are advertising UP to 3mb and that our line is faulty,even though it was very able up and until we changed login details with vodafone, how should we proceed?
06.09.2010 19:41 #2
No, not by a long shot.

I switched from Eircom who were dog ****. The only prob I am having with Vodafone is I'm stuck on the 3mb profile and it seems to be taking a while to get put onto my proper 8mb one. Other than that all is Hunky Dory.

NTL was the best broadband I ever had. It's a pity I had to move here where it is unavailable.

I tried clearwire in Dublin before. It was the worst service ever.

Eircom got the account name wrong, even after spelling it out. Then I rang and informed them after first bill and they still got it wrong. Then I filled in the form online and it was still wrong. It became annoying trying to close the account as they wanted only to speak to a person who doesn't exist. Morons. The broadband itself is ok. Not better than ntl but livable with. Oh and did I mention their customer support was clueless? Also billing me(non existant person) for months after contract / service is cancelled. Bravo muppets.

Oh and after telling them I was going with Vodafone 8mb phone/bb bundle they tell me they can beat it. I was then offered a 3mb phone bundle for 53 a month! How the **** can they be that stupid? Then telling me I can get NGB for cheaper if I just wait for the exchange to be enabled. I ask how long that will be. Only 6 months....

So no Vodafone are not the worst by a long shot.

/End Rant
2 thanks
06.09.2010 20:56 #3
Originally posted by Yawns
No, not by a long shot.

I switched from Eircom who were dog ****. The only prob I am having with Vodafone is I'm stuck on the 3mb profile and it seems to be taking a while to get put onto my proper 8mb one. Other than that all is Hunky Dory.

I don't understand why you don't think that's not much of a problem. As far as I'm concerned, if I don't get what I'm supposed to be getting, that is a huge problem, and one which Vodafone excels in not even trying to fix.
06.09.2010 21:36 #4
It was an error which was identified early on and is being resolved. I don't have a huge problem with it because it is being resolved. Unlike Eircom who I had a problem with and it was never resolved and it led to further problems

Unlike Clearwire where I had service problems and I didn't recieve what I ordered but it wasn't resolved. I could go on but as I said it is being resolved. They're not perfect but show me who is. As long as it gets fixed I don't have a problem. I have a steady connection, it's always on. I just don't have full download speeds. I game a lot more than I download so once I can play games online I have no prob.

and one which Vodafone excels in not even trying to fix.
But they are fixing it. If they don't fix it they won't get paid. Eircom didn't fix, Eircom didn't get paid. I find it the most effective route.
06.09.2010 21:42 #5
i had clearwire who were awful but this was due to the signal from the local mast being blocked by trees, three network were close to worst but the very low cost made it bearable at times, vodafone at €40/month is cheap but with the enhanced broadband scam and always on meaning refreshing every few hours for a few minutes and the complete lack of useful customer care vodafone is by far the worst
09.09.2010 14:11 #6
Indeed foggy_lad, I understand. It's more the customer service that is letting them down really.

All my problems came from customer service personel who are not trained correctly / couldn't give a ****. I went thru 2 - 3 weeks of lower speed, being told everytime it takes up to 48 hours. In 1 case I was to wait 5 - 6 days. Then another 1 throttled my line after I told him it could only take so much. Well he throttled it. Then finally I got a man named Kevin and he sorted it in less than 10 mins. Full line speed I can handle(well just slightly below by 0.1 to be safe) and switched over in less than 10, how hard was that? More Kevins and less Julians please.
15.09.2010 22:25 #7
We just received this message today

Dear Customer,

We recently got in touch with you to let you know about our new enhanced fixed broadband service. Well, we're delighted to tell you that you have now been upgraded to Vodafone Enhanced Broadband.

Now you have the fastest broadband your landline can support, up to a maximum download speed of 8Mb. And with no congestion on your line, you'll enjoy a faster, more reliable broadband experience all the time.

The best part is that you've been upgraded at no extra cost to your current bundle price. It's all part of our continuous commitment to provide you with better broadband.

For more information on Vodafone Enhanced Broadband click here.

If you would like to review the latest broadband packages visit www.vodafone.ie/df/homebroadband.

Many thanks
Vodafone

You never got in contact with us about the enhanced broadband service, and we have not been upgraded to Vodafone Enhanced Broadband!
16.09.2010 14:21 #8
Originally posted by badabing106
We just received this message today
and we have not been upgraded to Vodafone Enhanced Broadband!

I've just checked, and you certainly have.
16.09.2010 14:23 #9
1) Often only half a page loads in the evenings

2) Random disconnections
16.09.2010 14:56 #10
Yes, by far the worst.

Once they took over BT it seemed to slow down even though the MB's were supposed to have been increased also my bills where all over the place every month never the same two months in a row even though BT Bills were always within a few Euro's off each other & I was told I would not noticed the difference when I was moved to Vodafone.........

Needless to say I switched after 3 months of bad bills and have not had any issues with my Broadband or Home phone with my new supplier - the speed seems to be constantly in and around what they stated it would be & my bills are always in and around the quoted price I got before I switched.
16.09.2010 17:55 #11
Originally posted by thegoth
1) Often only half a page loads in the evenings

2) Random disconnections

Hiya,
Could you pop over the landline number and a quick reminder?

There's also some steps in my signature for optimising the connection.
19.09.2010 15:20 #12
No. Dial up was worse than this with Eircom. Although I don't like the 24hr reconnect/disconnect.
19.09.2010 15:25 #13
Eircom dial up was more consistent and quicker. Vodafone at home is an utter rubbish service with piss poor support.
19.09.2010 15:32 #14
Originally posted by drunkmonkey
Eircom dial up was more consistent and quicker. Vodafone at home is an utter rubbish service with piss poor support.

Not where I live it ain't I'm one of the lucky ones I guess. Eircom oversold in the area so when I was with them my net was piss poor. Now I'm the only one with Vodafone so no contention issues its always there bar the 24hr reset and never slows down.

I do agree about the support however.:mad:
09.11.2010 23:26 #15
Originally posted by Vodafone: Darren
I've just checked, and you certainly have.

Can't believe i forgot about this thread . Is this enhanced broadband?. The top speed we have have ever acheived with enhanced broadband is 1.72 mb. If this is enhanced broadband ,I wish i had our normal BT service which was more enhanced and more reliable .

Any suggestion on how to stop browsers freezing for up to a minute at a time for no apparent reason ,or has that got nothing to do with Vodafone?
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video