N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Today's Deal: €70 instead of €140 for an eight week outdoor fitness program

19.07.2010 12:21 #1
Today's Deal: €70 instead of €140 for an eight week outdoor fitness program for men and women of all ability levels at FITSQUAD!

Get this deal here.

Why go to the Gym alone or to an army type brigade to be screamed at when you can get motivated and fit while meeting like minded individuals with Fitsquad!

Have you ever wondered what's going on in the parks when you see groups that are not holding a hurley, football or trying to grab a rugby tag? The likelihood is that they are taking part in a "Bootcamp Style" fitness training call Fitsquad.

What is it?
Fitsquad is an outdoor group training phenomenon that was set up in July 2007.
Fitsquad training combines group interval and circuit training, cardio, abdominal work, flexibility, boxercise, fitness games and more.
Free nutrition plans personalised to your goals are provided on request.
Every class is different and is focused on you!
Yes the training is tough but we accommodate all levels from beginners to the very fit.

Where is it on?
Fitsquad has now escalated to over 12 locations, training outdoors during the summer and astro's for the winter. Locations include Malahide HC, St Annes Park, Lucan HC, Phoenix Park, Herbert Park, Cabinteely Park, Marlay Park, Bushy Park, Greystones, Cork (Douglas & Bishopstown) training hundreds of men and women every night.

Benefits from Joining Fitsquad include...
Increased fitness levels, building lean muscle, losing excess weight, reducing stress levels, boosting confidence, improving your concentration levels, meeting new people, above all have fun!

It also has a fun social side with surfing, kayaking, ski trips, horse racing, comedy nights, pub crawls, hill walks and more.

Membership runs in 8 week blocks normal price is €140. This deal is €70 which gives you up to 5 x 1 hour classes per week for 8 weeks in Dublin or 3 x 1 hour Classes for 8 weeks in Cork. Classes take place Monday - Thursday evening and Saturday mornings.

Membership allows you attend any of the classes in any of the locations during your 8 weeks.This voucher must be redeemed within 3 months and is available to new Fitsquad members only.

This deal is available until: 2010-07-26 14:00:00

Terms and conditions of this deal:
  • Not available to previous or current members of Fitsquad
  • Voucher must be redeemed before 30th September 2010
  • Not Valid in conjunction with other Fitsquad offer

Get this deal here.
3 thanks
19.07.2010 19:10 #2
Does the voucher entitle you to 8 weeks of classes non consecutively For example can I go on holidays for say wk 2&3 and then continue training into wk say 9&10?
1 thank
19.07.2010 20:10 #3
Membership runs in 8 week blocks normal price is €140. This deal is €70 which gives you up to 5 x 1 hour classes per week for 8 weeks in Dublin or 3 x 1 hour Classes for 8 weeks in Cork. Classes take place Monday - Thursday evening and Saturday mornings.

So do you get 5 1 hour classes each week for 8 weeks?
If so does that mean you have to do 1 hour each night Monday - Thursday
and Saturday morning?
Or is it 8 weeks of 1 hour per week?
1 thank
19.07.2010 22:27 #4
Was looking into this the other day. Great deal! Bought 2, one for a friend. Thanks!
1 thank
19.07.2010 22:39 #5
When they say 5 classes per week, does that mean you can go to all five classes, each week for 8 weeks?

Edit: And can I redeem it whenever I like? So I can start my 8 weeks now, or next week, or whenever, provided it's before the closing date?
1 thank
20.07.2010 09:26 #6
Originally posted by okidoki987

So do you get 5 1 hour classes each week for 8 weeks?
If so does that mean you have to do 1 hour each night Monday - Thursday
and Saturday morning?
Or is it 8 weeks of 1 hour per week?

You are entitled to up to 40 hours classes in total so the option is there to do 5 x 1 hour classes a week if you can manage :) You can also mix and match your class locations on different days to suit you.
1 thank
20.07.2010 09:34 #7
Originally posted by Newaglish
When they say 5 classes per week, does that mean you can go to all five classes, each week for 8 weeks?

Edit: And can I redeem it whenever I like? So I can start my 8 weeks now, or next week, or whenever, provided it's before the closing date?

All members are on their own membership dates so you can start on any day as long as it's before the 30th September.

Option is there to do up to 40 hours classes in total in any location.
1 thank
20.07.2010 09:44 #8
Originally posted by Kingkong
Does the voucher entitle you to 8 weeks of classes non consecutively For example can I go on holidays for say wk 2&3 and then continue training into wk say 9&10?

Good question :) I've just confirmed with Fitsquad and there is a missed week discount.

If you miss 7 consecutive days and let them know beforehand, they will record the week(s) you'll be away and give you a discount voucher off you next eight week subscription.

Maximum of 4 weeks Missed Week Discount per member per calendar year, any seven consecutive days constitutes one week.
  • 1 Week away - € 15 Discount Voucher
  • 2 Weeks away - € 30 Discount Voucher
  • 3 Weeks away - € 45 Discount Voucher
  • 4 Weeks away - € 60 Discount Voucher
There are T&C's to this found here http://www.fitsquad.ie...cing.php?itemID=1210
1 thank
20.07.2010 09:48 #9
Originally posted by Boards Deals: Mark
Option is there to do up to 40 hours classes in total in any location.

So you can do 1hr a week for 40 weeks? or 2 for 20 weeks??? etc
1 thank
20.07.2010 09:49 #10
tbh, I've never seen the value in this, at least with a gym you're paying to use their facilities, this is being done in a public park, you'd be just as well to go for a jog/run yourself in the park yourself for free
2 thanks
20.07.2010 09:58 #11
Originally posted by unklerosco
So you can do 1hr a week for 40 weeks? or 2 for 20 weeks??? etc

No sorry if I wasn't clear. This membership is for an 8 week block of classes.

Every week, Fitsquad run 5 hour long classes so over 8 weeks you have access to 40 hours classes in total. This link to their website might help http://www.fitsquad.ie/pricing.php
1 thank
20.07.2010 10:10 #12
Originally posted by the groutch
tbh, I've never seen the value in this, at least with a gym you're paying to use their facilities, this is being done in a public park, you'd be just as well to go for a jog/run yourself in the park yourself for free

Thanks for the feedback. From speaking to Fitsquad, people who join are almost all ex-gym members who couldn't motivate themselves to keep going. A group atmosphere with professional trainers gives most people the extra push they need.
3 thanks
20.07.2010 10:41 #13
Looks good, just one question.

Is there a max number of people per class or a trainer-trainee ratio?

Don't fancy paying to be in a huge class of people with one trainer.

I've read through the website, but couldn't find anything on this question,
Thanks,
1 thank
20.07.2010 16:17 #14
No sorry if I wasn't clear. This membership is for an 8 week block of classes.

So max you can do is 5 hours a week for 8 weeks = 40 hours training
or
minimum 8 weeks for 1 hour a week = 8 hours training.
1 thank
20.07.2010 16:37 #15
Originally posted by Shelli2
Looks good, just one question.

Is there a max number of people per class or a trainer-trainee ratio?

Don't fancy paying to be in a huge class of people with one trainer.

I've read through the website, but couldn't find anything on this question,
Thanks,

In most cases, the max number of people per class is 25 with 2 trainers on hand.
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon