Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Electric Ireland Representatives

20 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 6pm
(excluding public holidays)

ESB underestimating bills

07.07.2010 20:20 #16
Originally posted by foggy_lad
there should be a responsibility placed on ESB networks to read every meter at least 4 times a year and where a meter is not readily accessible when that meter is estimated twice a letter should be sent to the account holder requesting access at a particular time and if this is not forthcoming service should be withdrawn until such time as access is granted by the account holder!

it should also be the responsibility of the ESB networks to put a program in place to provide outside meters to the million or so houses that currently have the meter inside the door or down in the cellar etc. and it should be a legal requirement for management companies in apartment blocks etc to allow access at all times for meter reading staff.

What stupid remarks you make. Haven't we been already told Networks read the meters at least 4 times a year. I have had numerous estimates because my meter is inside and after 3 I think there is a little note on the bill asking for a reading. And your comment about having meters outside being responsibility of Networks, thats a joke. Im not allowed have my meter outside. I live in a listed building and not allowed touch the exterior of my house.
1 thank
08.07.2010 09:57 #17
Originally posted by oranjeboom
What stupid remarks you make. Haven't we been already told Networks read the meters at least 4 times a year. I have had numerous estimates because my meter is inside and after 3 I think there is a little note on the bill asking for a reading. And your comment about having meters outside being responsibility of Networks, thats a joke. Im not allowed have my meter outside. I live in a listed building and not allowed touch the exterior of my house.

for two years my house was never visited by the esb meter reader out of laziness or just lack of interest as there were 2 readings taken before that! only when i contacted the esb in writing and then contacted the commission for energy regulation were arrangements made to read my meter!

the esb told me at this time that the meter reader was unable to gain access although my meter is on the wall outside and has never been blocked by anything! at this point i contacted the regulator as i knew the esb networks were just making up excuses and were not going to act.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video