Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Gamesnash.ie Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Xbox 1 & "retro"

19.07.2009 00:38 #1
The game shops in the UK (Scotland, England, Wales) stock some "retro" gear. I saw a Dreamcast bundle for £50 in one place, a ton of gameboy and N64 games in another and the odd megadrive, nintendo and saturn in both Game Station and Cash Converters.

Any chance you're going to break into the "market" ? GAME and Gamestop seem to not be interested and the 2nd hand Book and Game shop on Talbot St. have some very adventurous imaginative prices.

I only ask cause I'm on the look out for an Xbox 1 controller. I keep asking in Gamestop but no joy. Apparently they get loads of people looking for them. I'm sick of the "well you could try the internet" thing because that means "United Kingdome + credit card (no Laser) & crazy delivery charges" :mad:

Were the Xbox 1 controllers really that "rare" ?
20.07.2009 14:46 #2
Verified representative
Hi Alan,

To be honest we have no plans to enter the retro market.

As for the controller - they are rare enough to be sold stand alone. Most people would be using them with their xbox. You'd ideally need to find someone with a broken xbox.

Maybe throw up a wanted advert on adverts.ie ?

I know that consolerepairs.ie have them for sale too for €10.00 not sure about postage charges but they are over in Bray if you wanted to make a trip.
1 thank
20.07.2009 14:49 #3
Been trying to get one on Adverts for ages now...

I might have finally got one :D. Thanks for the consolerepairs.ie ref.

Ah I see they've a link to your site under "games" :p
21.07.2009 15:52 #4
Originally posted by Alan Rouge

If that falls through I MIGHT be able to sort you out - can't make promises though
21.07.2009 16:00 #5
Verified representative

You'll find we have a link to them under useful links too :D

Scratching of backs !!! ;)
21.07.2009 16:08 #6
21.07.2009 16:09 #7
Originally posted by killswitch
found this on amazon.co.uk if that helps http://www.amazon.co.u...248188864&sr=8-6

21.07.2009 21:54 #8
ah lads, if ye's started doing retro gear id but it from you's in a shot, trying to find a megadrive at the minute
26.07.2009 20:57 #9
Pat, do you only sell pre-owned games traded in through your site or do you go looking for them ? Like I'd say a trip up north and you could probably pick up some job lots or something. Fancy getting a few more Xbox 1 games. The ads on Adverts are for bundles only and ebay/amazon's useless due to no Laser and rapingexcessive delivery charges.
27.07.2009 10:31 #10
Verified representative
Pat, do you only sell pre-owned games traded in through your site or do you go looking for them ? Like I'd say a trip up north and you could probably pick up some job lots or something. Fancy getting a few more Xbox 1 games. The ads on Adverts are for bundles only and ebay/amazon's useless due to no Laser and rapingexcessive delivery charges.

Hi Alan,

In general the pre owned games on the site have been traded in directly to us. We've never really considered trips up north etc or sourcing through adverts to be honest.

If there is a particular list of games you require let me know - we do have contacts in other independent retailers who may have them in stock. The market for the older xbox games has virtually disappeared though. I know you're still there alright :D but in general there is very little demand.
27.07.2009 15:28 #11
Ah cheers Pat. I'll do up a list and drop you a PM k ? :)
There's a shop on Talbot St with some previous gen games but he's a bit pricey when there's online sites flogging 'em for pennies. But of course, that's "UK" pennies, ie. no Laser, crazy delivery charges to Ireland etc. etc.

I think there's about a £2 difference between Amazon's marketplace delivery charge to UK and Ireland and I've seen ebay postage rates for Ireland at about £3+ for a game! I know that's it's postage and packing but most people re-use the parcel bags/jiffy bags. It just is not that expensive. Wish An Post and UK Mail could do a deal :(
27.07.2009 16:25 #12
Verified representative
Ah cheers Pat. I'll do up a list and drop you a PM k ? :)
There's a shop on Talbot St with some previous gen games but he's a bit pricey when there's online sites flogging 'em for pennies. But of course, that's "UK" pennies, ie. no Laser, crazy delivery charges to Ireland etc. etc.

I think there's about a £2 difference between Amazon's marketplace delivery charge to UK and Ireland and I've seen ebay postage rates for Ireland at about £3+ for a game! I know that's it's postage and packing but most people re-use the parcel bags/jiffy bags. It just is not that expensive. Wish An Post and UK Mail could do a deal :(

Costs €3.00 to send a game overseas from here including to the UK. A £3.00 charge to include an envelope isn't that far off the pace tbh.

Drop me the pm anyway and we will have a look around.
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon