Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Gamesnash.ie Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Blu-Rays?

02.07.2009 21:23 #1
Registered User
Hi Gamesnashers,

I frequently by Blu-Rays for my PS3, and was wondering if there is any chance of Gamesnash starting to sell Blu-Ray movies?

Basically, I would buy about two blu-rays a week and would love to give my custom to Gamesnash. I get games elsewhere, and Gamesnash would be a direct second choice for games if ever needed.

I'm basically wondering if Gamesnash have any plans to start selling Blu-Rays?
03.07.2009 11:24 #2
Verified representative
To be honest with you we have no immediate plans to expand away from games themselves. There was / is a long term plan which does involve expansion into DVD's , Blu Rays etc as there is an obvious link between the two but this will be years rather than months.
03.07.2009 16:32 #3
Registered User
Originally posted by Gamesnash.ie (Pat)
To be honest with you we have no immediate plans to expand away from games themselves. There was / is a long term plan which does involve expansion into DVD's , Blu Rays etc as there is an obvious link between the two but this will be years rather than months.


Ah okay. Thanks for the fast reply, I guess its back to the high shipping rates and bad customer service I know only too well.

/sigh
03.07.2009 16:40 #4
Verified representative
Ah I feel terrible now - weekend is ruined :(
03.07.2009 18:04 #5
Registered User
Im surprised you were not pimping spondoolys :P there pat. Sure there will more than likely be second hand blu-rays appearing over there. I know that what I was thinking of using it for maybe.
03.07.2009 19:51 #6
Verified representative
Originally posted by BFassassin
Im surprised you were not pimping spondoolys :P there pat. Sure there will more than likely be second hand blu-rays appearing over there. I know that what I was thinking of using it for maybe.


Must be losing my touch :p

I'd imagine a load of blu rays will appear over there alright. Should be plenty of scope there. As for the new release stuff maybe we could get a dvd / blu-ray retailer to trade on it like Gamesnash is gearing up to.
04.07.2009 00:00 #7
Gamestop must make a cushy little number on second hand DVDs and HMV seem to be flourishing and are probably on their way to a monoply since Golden Discs has been closing up shops (there's now only one in Dublin city centre in the Jarvis).

Can't imagine Gamesnash would make any money on them unless they were going to buy a warehouse and move to Jersey. I suppose you could try and get some DVD/Blue Ray films in to have a tie-in with a new release game like Wanted .
04.07.2009 00:04 #8
Originally posted by vflhp
Ah okay. Thanks for the fast reply, I guess its back to the high shipping rates and bad customer service I know only too well.

/sigh


It's not possible for an Irish company to make any money in the internet DVD market because of the companies benefiting from the tax loophole in the Channel Islands that Irish people but from cause they're so ridiculously cheap.
04.07.2009 10:27 #9
Verified representative
Originally posted by Alan Rouge
It's not possible for an Irish company to make any money in the internet DVD market because of the companies benefiting from the tax loophole in the Channel Islands that Irish people but from cause they're so ridiculously cheap.


We're up against that ourselves from a gaming point of view but there is a market for service over price. ( all be it shrinking a bit in the current climate ) I'd say there would be scope for someone, if not ourselves, to stock top title DVD's and BluRays etc like we do for games but it would need a large investment to get it going.
06.07.2009 00:21 #10
The monopoly the Brits have is a bit rubbish. It's even worse that you can get stung for a VAT charge if you use em.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video
Remove Formatting
View source
Please Log In or Sign Up to join the discussion