Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Gamesnash.ie Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

[Prototype] The Gamesnash More The Merrier Offer

07.06.2009 20:29 #31
Yeah, I would be tempted, but Prototype just looks like a solid rental game to me. I probably won't be buying a game for a while until Batman: Arkham Asylum comes out. He don't need no metamorphisis powers to kick ass :D
08.06.2009 10:41 #32
Verified representative
Well reading the feedback here it seems the concept is a good one but perhaps prototype not the best game to encourage uptake. :)

To be honest July has slim pickings for a top title but we're going with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 which should have a better chance.

Will start a new thread shortly ...
08.06.2009 10:47 #33
Originally posted by Gamesnash.ie (Pat)
Well reading the feedback here it seems the concept is a good one but perhaps prototype not the best game to encourage uptake. :)

To be honest July has slim pickings for a top title but we're going with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 which should have a better chance.

Will start a new thread shortly ...

Only back from a holiday so only seen this thread now. Certainly going to be getting prototype, just a matter of where. Want it on Friday, so if i was to pre-order it (for the 360) can you be certain it would be with me by Friday at the latest, or should I go the old fashioned bricks and mortar route?
08.06.2009 10:55 #34
Verified representative
Originally posted by Mitch Connor
Only back from a holiday so only seen this thread now. Certainly going to be getting prototype, just a matter of where. Want it on Friday, so if i was to pre-order it (for the 360) can you be certain it would be with me by Friday at the latest, or should I go the old fashioned bricks and mortar route?

I'm just copying and pasting the info from our site because it's a bit handier ... :D

Pre Orders at Gamesnash are generally dispatched at least 24 hours before release day and are then subject to the above delivery times depending on the postage method used.
  • Free standard shipping will normally arrive on release day. We estimate an average of 90% of pre orders shipped this way will arrive on release day.
  • Registered and recorded delivery is highly likely to arrive on or before release day. Gamesnash guarantee to ship your order the day before release day. Our estimate is that 99% of orders shipped by registered and recorded delivery will at least be attempted for release day. ( If there is nobody available to sign for the delivery the delivery will be attempted again at a later date )
  • The only way to guarantee release day delivery is via An Posts express postage. Gamesnash guarantee to ship your pre order the day before release day and An Post guarantee next day delivery.
Full information here
When we say 90% of free standard deliveries arrive for release day if you live in a large urban area with a reliable every day postal service you're a lot higher than the 90% it's just that we can't guarantee something that's outside of our control. Some customers prefer to pay for the express post option which An Post then guarantee to arrive the following day but it's a personal choice. The majority of our customers are very happy with the standard free delivery option.
08.06.2009 11:09 #35
grand - just ordered for the 360 now.
08.06.2009 20:37 #36
I have pre ordered with gamesnash before and have got games on release and even before that. It all really depends on the postal service though.
09.06.2009 00:35 #37
Just order the 360 version now too!!!
09.06.2009 10:30 #38
Verified representative
We've had to confirm final, final :) numbers at this stage so have to declare this offer closed. We will add in any of the orders so far to the voucher list.

New Offer Here
10.06.2009 09:51 #39
Verified representative
We've just been informed that the inbound delivery of prototype on the xbox to the distributors will not be with them until Friday. The distributors will be couriering deliveries to retailers for Friday or Saturday at the latest.

Obviously this doesn't help us much because in order for us to deliver on release day we need to have dispatched tomorrow. Particularly embarrassing considering we are running this promotion here. :o

What we are doing is hand delivering and couriering where possible to customers in the greater Dublin area on Friday but unfortunately we aren't in a position to deliver nationwide. Anyone who is effected by the delay will receive an email from us explaining the options open to them which are:

If they want to purchase the game elsewhere on release day we will issue a full refund. If the purchase price in the shop is dearer than ourselves we will credit the customers account with the difference.

Alternatively should they be happy to wait until early next week for delivery we will credit their account to make up for the delay.

Either way even if opting for a refund anyone who was participating in this offer will still receive the credit as promised from this offer.

Just to be clear this delay will only effect those customers outside of Dublin who ordered the xbox 360 version of the game. Those within the Dublin area ( including Bray / Greystones etc ) will have their game hand delivered on Friday. PS3 orders are not affected and will dispatch as normal.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused but hope you understand this is out of our control.
10.06.2009 13:46 #40
Any idea on a time frame for this on Friday? I paid the extra for registered post in order to be sure of getting the game on Friday. My office is in the Dublin area (Citywest) so my order (360) should be in the hand delivered batch on Friday. Will it be before 2.30? Cause I don't plan on being in the office much after that :D.

Also, do I get a refund on the postage cost? If it arrives with me tomorrow before I head home i'm not actually bothered about getting a refund for it (cause i'd still be getting what I paid for)

EDIT: Also, if it helps the delivery process, I don't mind changing the delivery point from CityWest to Greystones. PM me if you wish, for order number/address info if it would be of help to you (no idea if it would be)
10.06.2009 14:00 #41
Verified representative
Hi Mitch,

Got your details from the the more the merrier username ;)

Looking at the system you actually have chosen Greystones as your delivery address in the first place. We would have been shipping this to Greystones anyway so maybe this will be a blessing in disguise for you. :D

We're not certain of timeframes at this point - this has come at us from left field this morning so what we're actually looking at is meeting our delivery directly at the distributors and dispatching from there. As soon as it lands to them we'll be away.

If you'd prefer the citywest drop off what we could do for you is contact you by phone when we've the stock in hand and either send it to citywest or greystones depending on your own time frames. We'll work around you either way as this is our issue.
10.06.2009 14:07 #42
Verified representative
Under the circumstances we will refund the registered postage payment on all orders affected as those who paid for standard shipping will be receiving the same service.
10.06.2009 14:14 #43
Verified representative
Just to confirm that all PS3 orders are ok - these have actually arrived in and are dispatched. Any orders placed now for PS3 versions will ship this evening / tomorrow morning for release day delivery. :)
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video