Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Gamesnash.ie Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

About Gamesnash

30.07.2010 13:52 #16
Verified representative
Originally posted by weisses
You're not selling pc titles ???? that's like having a pool with no water :confused::P

Unfortunately over the past year there has been a steady decline in demand across the board for PC games being purchased at retail outlets. Recently we have been the only independent retailer in Ireland placing enquiry orders with the distributors for PC games.

What basically happens with all games is that the distributors release a list of upcoming titles and invite orders for them. They have minimum order quantities to fulfill before they will stock a game themselves which varies from publisher to publisher but you're usually looking at min orders of at least 50 and at times 200 per title. In previous times we were sharing the min order with a few other independent retailers and were able to place orders for less than 50 units and still source stock. Now we have been told we need to be ordering 50 units at a time which we don't have the demand for It has meant that we have had to stop carrying pc titles for the moment. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
1 thank
30.07.2010 14:40 #17
Thanks for clearing that up .. appreciate it

But would a title like Starcraft 2 or other big PC titles not sell 50 copies here in Ireland ?? If you see the amount of boardies alone who are buying this game

Again pity the distributers can't understand that there are "smaller" retailers too
30.07.2010 15:09 #18
Verified representative
Originally posted by weisses
Thanks for clearing that up .. appreciate it

But would a title like Starcraft 2 or other big PC titles not sell 50 copies here in Ireland ?? If you see the amount of boardies alone who are buying this game

Again pity the distributers can't understand that there are "smaller" retailers too

It would sell them alright but it's a case of would you sell 50 of them in one place. The larger chains like Game / Smyths etc could be buying in 500 units and can ship 10 of each out to multiple sites whereas the smaller indy retailer might only have demand for say 2 or 3 copies. What's happening is that the smaller guys are going down to their nearest big player the moning of release and buying them there just to have them in stock. That's not an option for us as we need to have the stock in place two days before release date to ship it out for release day.

So if most of the smaller guys are not looking for the stock from the distributors here and the publishers have a min order quantity (which is understandable from box sizes and shipping costs etc) the only way the distributors here will stock it is if they can sell out the minimum order quantity. This was getting harder and harder to do and ultimately is next to impossible now for them as more and more of the smaller guys are not even enquiring any more. It's a bit of a vicious circle and is incredibly frustrating for us.
1 thank
12.12.2010 14:29 #19
Do you do e-mail dispatch on sundays? ie. Buy code on sunday, get it sunday?
12.12.2010 15:36 #20
Verified representative
Providing the usual security checks clear in time we can dispatch by email up to 6.00pm on Sundays. :)
12.12.2010 15:37 #21
That's great, fair play! :)
Only problem I'm having is with Sagepay...after i enter card details and submit I get 'The Card Range requires 3D-Authentication, its not supported by the vendor.'

It's a laser card, i'm always having issues using laser :(
12.12.2010 16:11 #22
Verified representative
That shouldn't be the case at all. Laser cards arent in the 3d secure system. Bear with me a few min on this.
12.12.2010 16:15 #23
Np man, it's no biggie I can wait until I get cash into my paypal.
Cheers for the effort though!
12.12.2010 16:24 #24
Verified representative
PM on the way ..
02.04.2011 16:02 #25
what does gamesnash mean?
02.04.2011 16:05 #26
Verified representative
Originally posted by chicken fingers
what does gamesnash mean?

It stands for Games New And Second Hand

which sounded better than

Games New And Pre Owned

Gamesnapo :)
5 thanks
12.08.2012 11:50 #27
Hi Pat,

Just wondering when your next trade-in offer will launch? It said August 1 for a while and then changed to August 11 and still isn't up! It's just that I have a few games that I figure might be a part of the offers and just want to know if it's better to wait until the offer is up or whether to just ask for a quote now.

Thanks!
14.08.2012 15:35 #28
Verified representative
Hi there

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday (Mondays are generally a day off)

The current offer is:
Trade in 3 games or more - get an extra 10% credit
Trade in 5 games or more - get an extra 20% credit
Trade in 10 games or more - get an extra 25% credit
Trade in any of our most wanted titles and get 10% extra credit on all games traded in at the same time.

Current Most Wanted List:
007 Goldeneye Reloaded Xbox / PS3 €18.00
Call Of Duty Black Ops
Xbox / PS3 €13.00
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3
Xbox / PS3 €18.00
Call Of Duty World At War Xbox €12.00
Fifa Street Xbox €20.00
Halo Reach
Xbox €15.00
Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge Xbox / PS3 €28.00
London 2012 - The Official Game Of The Olympics
Xbox / PS3 €20.00
Mario Kart
3DS €20.00
New Super Mario Bros Wii
€25.00
Super Mario 3D Land
3DS €25.00
The Amazing Spiderman
Xbox / PS3 €25.00
The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Xbox / PS3 €22.00
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 Xbox / PS3 €20.00
1 thank
08.11.2012 12:24 #29
Thanks Pat for the order. Top work again
11.12.2012 12:49 #30
Anyone know if Gamesnash still operating?
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video